v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

stuck on blackwatet but found a blackwatet dagger

Post your questions about game contents here. Want to know how to complete a quest, or where to go to find an item? Post here!
phoenix82
android_version: 3.0

stuck on blackwatet but found a blackwatet dagger

Post by phoenix82 »

I've been stuck by the cabin for awhile now. Recently found the blackwater dagger but it was poisonous so I'm guessing I can't use that. I'm using a defenders blade and been unequipping my stone cuirass from time to time in order to have a second hit per round. Even leveled up to 22 and collecting potions along the way but it's impossible to GE thru the cave and outta blackwater. I'm getting so frustrated just killing the monsters in cabin n snowmen that I'm about to start over. Anyone else getting stuck in blackwatwr with no way home or any ideas how to get out? Even tried "save cheating " but it makes no difference if I return to cabin to rest
ncer
android_version: 2.2

Re: stuck on blackwatet but found a blackwatet dagger

Post by ncer »

It's known to be an area where this might happen. Advice would be to collect a lot of potions, try to avoid monsters on your way down and save often. It won't be an easy journey, but it should be doable. Head up again only when you've gotten considerably stronger.
Lvl: 195, XP: 135178554, Gold: 1004501
HP: 88 AC: 345%, AD: 109-120, AP: 5, ECC: 15%, CM: 0, BC: 222%, DR: 6
RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 2, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
duallifes
android_version: 4.0

Post by duallifes »

I can feel your pain, I had the same problem with insect cave, easy to grind there, but when I tried to go back...

My advice is the same, grind lots of potions from easiest mob you can kill, then save&cheat before each mob so you lose least possible hp.
After you get a little back, it gets easier and those big minotaur looking guys also drop meat..
Also there is a away to gain form blackwater dagger
The curse is only added once, but if you have more than one (three of so) of blackwater equipment, the bonuses outweight the one time minus
Other option is to start over, which you increased knowledge and tactics, you can get back to blackwater and survive there pretty quick.
"Sleeping by the side of night, holding your hands tight, dreamind of a dream made me so blind. You are just an illusion, you cant be real. Still I gave my heart for you to steal."
Tiberian
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by Tiberian »

Do you have the jewel of fallhaven? If you do (maybe even if you dont) take off the defenders blade and go bare handed on the way back. 1 or two attacks is fine when you're a good match for the enemy, but getting 3-5 swings will surely help out.
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Don't use the Blackwater gear, the effects really hurt your build.

Stay near the cabin and kill what you can without using potions, sleep in the bed to heal, go back outside and kill more monsters, build up as many potions as you can.

You can make it out of there, but it won't be easy.

Happy hunting! :mrgreen:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------