v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Dark Protector question.

Post your questions about game contents here. Want to know how to complete a quest, or where to go to find an item? Post here!
CyberPhunk
android_version: 4.0

Dark Protector question.

Post by CyberPhunk »

Hmm, is there any downside to keeping the helmet you get in the Alleceph dungeon? The one you get off the Lich that gives you rotworm?
Kruncha
android_version: 4.0

Re: Dark Protector question.

Post by Kruncha »

Hi CyberPhunk :D

I don't think there is a downside yet, but that may change as the story grows...

K.
Shadow is faster than light - how else can it get out of the way?
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Keep it. The only downside is you won't get the "dark blessing of the shadow" skill.
The helmet is better. PM me if you want to learn more about the skill.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

[moved thread to game related questions]

Happy hunting
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AJC
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by AJC »

There will hopefully be a way to get exp from new quests one may have completed, despite not having items in question. I've alreadysold some items...never used them. guess i can make up exp by slauhtering more beasties. also how do i ger the dark blessing of shadow skill, or have i already completed that. Lev 40 and stuck on three unfinished quests. I you havent tell people who are frustrated to get lots of bread before venturing into unknown lands. Best value for health recovery. Thanks, AJC.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I like the idea of receiving exp for future quests that i may have already done. problem is i've sold a few seemingly non-important items that may be important later (ie continuing story lines). will regen of the main beasts and allowing everyone to redo the quests part of the plan? thanks, ajc
Last edited by Pyrizzle on Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: combined double post
Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

AJC wrote: There will hopefully be a way to get exp from new quests one may have completed, despite not having items in question. I've alreadysold some items...never used them. guess i can make up exp by slauhtering more beasties. also how do i ger the dark blessing of shadow skill, or have i already completed that. Lev 40 and stuck on three unfinished quests. I you havent tell people who are frustrated to get lots of bread before venturing into unknown lands. Best value for health recovery. Thanks, AJC.
These 3 quests?
Search For Andor, A Lost Potion, and Lost treasures are still currently unfinished
Good advice on the Bread, it does have the best value for gold spent... but you should also stock up on something you can use for when in battle and your HP gets low. Yes i know they are better to sell but for 5AP and only healing 5AP breads are fairly useless while already in battle.
Meats: 12hp
BMP: 40hp (but they are illegal) ;)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AJC wrote: I like the idea of receiving exp for future quests that i may have already done. problem is i've sold a few seemingly non-important items that may be important later (ie continuing story lines). will regen of the main beasts and allowing everyone to redo the quests part of the plan? thanks, ajc
Which items are you talking about? I am fairly certain that all quest items are essential to quests are non-sellable items.

As far as Respawning the main beasts to allow players to redo quests: Not in the cards... This game forces you to make choices and stick to them. This is the same reason why i have so many savefiles on my phone and different builds. This game is "A work in progess" so nothing is finalized at this point. Things will change, there has been a couple of times already with a new update coming out that starting a new build was the best answer. This game can be tough, but the fun is in the challenge.

Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Mino »

In redoing the quests with my new build, I realized that I had never fully competed the dark protector quest until just yesterday. So I'm just wondering if everyone else knew that
after choosing to keep the helmet and then killing the npc, you're supposed to step up to the shrine to find and perform the ritual to turn the "strange looking helmet" into the "dark protector" which also improves its stats? And that only happened because I was curious to see if there was any writing on the shrine.
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

Mino wrote:In redoing the quests with my new build, I realized that I had never fully competed the dark protector quest until just yesterday. So I'm just wondering if everyone else knew that
after choosing to keep the helmet and then killing the npc, you're supposed to step up to the shrine to find and perform the ritual to turn the "strange looking helmet" into the "dark protector" which also improves its stats? And that only happened because I was curious to see if there was any writing on the shrine.
Congrats
now you understand why I like that helmet
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

Fyi
if you are currently wearing the helmet you can't upgrade it, you have to take it off first.
I figured that one out the hard way. Lol

Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

Pyrizzle wrote:Fyi
if you are currently wearing the helmet you can't upgrade it, you have to take it off first.
I figured that one out the hard way. Lol
wow really nice piece of information
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1