v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Escape from Blackwater Mountain?

Post your questions about game contents here. Want to know how to complete a quest, or where to go to find an item? Post here!
Blackmore
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Escape from Blackwater Mountain?

Post by Blackmore »

I apparently took a wrong turn looking for the settlement, and now I'm deep in the mountain. I went through all my bonemeal potions, and now I don't see a way out. I can't fight my way back to the entrance, and I haven't seen any alternatives.

It seems to me that the only way I can get out is by getting enough levels to fight my way out without bonemeals. Is there something I'm missing or is that what I need to do?
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Re: Escape from Blackwater Mountain?

Post by Pyrizzle »

Are you currently respawnimg at the cabin half way up the mountain?
If so
you csn get out, from the cabin kill the npcs near by and then rest before being killed

Many ppl have been stuck on the mountain
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blackmore

Post by Blackmore »

I am. I'll try that next level when I don't have much xp to lose.
sorrow
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by sorrow »

Kill the snow men. Low XP and gold but a chance at potions

Sorrow
Lvl:80 XP:9214038 Gold:1mil Hp:243 AC:301 Ad:28-49 Ch:21 Cm:2.0 Ecc:15 BC:148 Dr:3

skills:
WA:2. HH:2. CS:2. TH:2 QL:2 IF:2 REG:2 MF:5 DBS:1 2HSP:1 LAP:2 HAP:1 SREG:1
L/E
CHAR:1 ROLS:1 ELYR:1 GOLF:1 SHAF: 1
Blackmore

Post by Blackmore »

I'm not really following the advice I'm getting. Yes, I'm respawning and/or sleeping in the cabin. I can go a couple of rooms but then I either die or need to run back and sleep - which causes the rooms to be reset. I can kill the stuff in the immediate area, that's not really the problem.

It looks like I have to grind it out in the immediate area until I'm big enough and/or have enough healing potions to get out. I'm at 15 regular potions, which is only 4 bonemeals. I'll try again next level (20) when I can get another skill point, which I'll probably use on regeneration.
fiernaq

Post by fiernaq »

The suggestion is as follows:
Go outside and kill a few monsters. Do not use any healing potions. When you are starting to get near death, return to the building and rest instead. Repeat.

Doing this will slowly gather you some healing potions. Collect as many as you think you'll need (I'd go with 50 just to be safe), and then sleep one more time, save the game, and start your way back down the mountain.

You can also make this slightly easier by using hit-n-run tactics. Run up and attack a monster but make sure you have 6 AP remaining. Flee. Run up and attack the same monster again but make sure you have 6 AP remaining. Flee. Etc... The monster won't regen health if you keep doing this so it's like you get to attack it over and over and over again.
Level: 58, HP: 102, AC: 295%, AD: 46-56, AP: 2/12, BC: 35%, DR: 4
Gold: 75235 | RoLS: 0 RoL: 0 SRoV: 0 VSH: 0
Skills: IF1, Ev1, Ev2, Ev3, CE1, CS1, CS2, Re1, WA1, HH1, Cl1, HH2, DaggerPro1, LightArmorPro1, ShieldPro1, WA2, Cl2
Equipment: Enhanced Combat Helmet, Serpent's Hauberk, Marrowtaint, Quickstrike Dagger, Remgard Shield, Villain's Ring, Villain's Ring, Leather Gloves Of Attack, Enhanced Combat Boots
Last Updated: 02-Dec-2013
sorrow

Post by sorrow »

That's a good suggestion.

Get to Lvl 20 and get the heck out of bwm. Go and grind in the green maze there's good Lvl up XP there

Sorrow
Lvl:80 XP:9214038 Gold:1mil Hp:243 AC:301 Ad:28-49 Ch:21 Cm:2.0 Ecc:15 BC:148 Dr:3

skills:
L/E
Covenant
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Post by Covenant »

Grind. At least for a while. I think I got stuck in the mountains while I was at level about... 18? I eneded up grinding for about 2-3 level ups. I was following the strategy of killing local creeps just outside the Cabin (one or two) then heading back in for a sleep, save, do it over. I took the hint from the journal pages you find on the floor in the cabin (which mention that the creeps drop health potions). I ended liking the XP resulting from the grinding so much that I forgot about the potions and ended up with about 50 by the time I was done. And instead of bailing out of there, I actually continued on my way back up to the top of the mountain to Blackwater settlement. I'm sure you're outta there by now.
sorrow

Post by sorrow »

I've been out of there for a while now I'm grinding for a wcm

Sorrow

skills:
L/E
RaptorNXT
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by RaptorNXT »

In the cabin half-way up, there's some journal (by a BWM spy, IMO), which details how to get un-stuck on the mountain...
Whoever programmed it in there, Great Thinking!

(Where's the emoticon for two-thumbs-up?)
RaptorNXT

Sentinel
L = 90
AC = 352
AD = 47-63
CHS = 31
CM = 2
ECC = 19%

BC = 143
DR = 11

Shadow Regeneration

WA L2, HH L2, BS L2, CS L2, CL L2, CE L2, IF, Reg, Evsn, OHSP L3, SP L2