v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

lvl 26 i need advice.

Post your questions about game contents here. Want to know how to complete a quest, or where to go to find an item? Post here!
twiztidclown
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

lvl 26 i need advice.

Post by twiztidclown »

Hey first time poster here. i love this game but I've hit a wall. I'm not strong enough for the maze or charwood. i can but id use mass ammounts of potions. just need advice on my gear. here is what i have now:
Head: leather cap
Shirt: hardened leather
Boots: reinforced boots
Gloves: Troublemakers Gloves
Rings: Villians ring and polished ring of backstabbing
Neck: JoF
Weapon: Shadow of the Slayer OR
Flagstones Pride AND Reinforced buckler

That is my gear, these are how i assigned skills:
Weapon accuracy rank 2
Increased Fort. rank 2
Corpse eater rank 1

Just want to know what I'm missing. I know my skills are funky i neglected this forum until now. the only quests i have aare in areas that i have trouble, except missing pieces which i must have killed a bandit before the quest. a
Combat speed rank 1
LVL:46 AP:12 AC:240% AD:34-37 CHS: 52 CHM: 3 ECC:27% BC: 66%DR:4
WA-2 HH-1 CS-2 IF-2 CE-2 DBOTS-1
PROF: Dagger Shield Light armor
twiztidclown

Re: lvl 26 i need advice.

Post by twiztidclown »

Replaced my shirt with serpents hauberk, ill adjust stats soon.
ace
VIP
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by ace »

welcome! it seems you are going good there. but as for equipments try getting fine leather cap and have you completed the quest given by vacor after you complete it you gonna get cool boots.

and also how many quests you have done.
the secrets of shadow and light
be happy :lol:
https://facebook.com/andorstrail
Kokuma
android_version: 3.0

Post by Kokuma »

provided you've done most of the quests at that level, thats about when you run out of easy enough quests to do..
you've got grinding for exp for an option, and grinding for extraordinary/legendary items for the other(and getting exp in the process).
one of the good places to grind at that level is at the green maze, provided you can get there, where after the scaled venomfangs(or something similar to that), you'll find some primitive-people looking monsters, which have a fairly good BC, low AC and AD, and gives about 300~350 exp for each kills. they also drop the "liquid courage" potion, which is quite good, and the only other way that i know to get them is by buying them from Lodar after you've done all the green maze quests.
atan59
android_version: 4.2

Post by atan59 »

Hello!

Charwood can be a tough place, which you might want to delay for later if you haven't explored some other places earlier. Have you already been all the way to Blackwater and done all the quests there? Have you explored everything north of the Crossroads (namely all the way north, then east, beyond the bridges)? There are a lot of areas in this direction which can be easier to deal with than Charwood, and would give you extra experience and possibly some interesting unique gear before going back there.
Xor, a.k.a. Andor's little brother
level 42, experience 1377312, HP 112, AP 2/12, AC 267, AD 32-40, BC 8, DR 2
skills: IF 2, CS 2, evasion 4, WA 1, HH 1 (for future cleave), proficiencies:dagger/light armor/shield, other: dark blessing of the shadow
equipment: quick strike dagger, marrowtaint, lightweight splint mail, Valugha's shimmering hat, remgard shield, 2 villain's rings, fine gloves of swift attack, coward's boots
completed 41 quests, visited 331 places, killed 1278/847 gargoyle trainers/masters, 318 Plaguestrider masters
updated 2014.09.28
twiztidclown

Post by twiztidclown »

Most. i can't complete valcors quest. I'm assuming i killed one bandit before getting the quest. I have 3/4 pieces. I jjust finished prim quest line. i can grind bwm and below fine. but the green maze and charwood give me issues without using about 50 to 80 potions over extended time.
Kokuma

Post by Kokuma »

twiztidclown wrote:Most. i can't complete valcors quest. I'm assuming i killed one bandit before getting the quest. I have 3/4 pieces. I jjust finished prim quest line. i can grind bwm and below fine. but the green maze and charwood give me issues without using about 50 to 80 potions over extended time.
you've just missed one bandit. they don't appear before you get the quest to kill them, and on quests where you can kill quest mobs BEFORE you get the quest, they still give the quest item.

also, the green maze grinding place iv'e mentioned is quite good, since once you've get there, you almost don't need any potions. and they give sweet amounts of exp. when i was grinding there, i gained about 7 levels in about 4~5 hours, making me lv36. it was more than enough to finish the charwood quests, and after that, quite easy to get to remgard.
atan59
android_version: 4.2

Post by atan59 »

twiztidclown wrote:i can't complete valcors quest. I'm assuming i killed one bandit before getting the quest. I have 3/4 pieces.

Even if you killed one before, you should still have his piece. As it is a quest item, it can't be sold. One of the 4 bandits is harder to find than the other three, so it's worth exploring all the surrounding areas thoroughly again (and not just "south of here" as Vacor claims).
twiztidclown wrote: I jjust finished prim quest line. i can grind bwm and below fine. but the green maze and charwood give me issues without using about 50 to 80 potions over extended time.
What about the areas north of Crossroads? Past the first Izthiel bridges, for instance, at some place there is an unusual cave with unusual creatures and a nice weapon at the end. This area is also easier than Charwood, as probably are the next ones in the same general direction.

Edit: oh, well, apparently Kokuma "ninja'd" me, i.e. replied super fast while I was writing the above :-)
Xor, a.k.a. Andor's little brother
level 42, experience 1377312, HP 112, AP 2/12, AC 267, AD 32-40, BC 8, DR 2
skills: IF 2, CS 2, evasion 4, WA 1, HH 1 (for future cleave), proficiencies:dagger/light armor/shield, other: dark blessing of the shadow
equipment: quick strike dagger, marrowtaint, lightweight splint mail, Valugha's shimmering hat, remgard shield, 2 villain's rings, fine gloves of swift attack, coward's boots
completed 41 quests, visited 331 places, killed 1278/847 gargoyle trainers/masters, 318 Plaguestrider masters
updated 2014.09.28
Kokuma

Post by Kokuma »

atan59 wrote:What about the areas north of Crossroads? Past the first Izthiel bridges, for instance, at some place there is an unusual cave with unusual creatures and a nice weapon at the end. This area is also easier than Charwood, as probably are the next ones in the same general direction.
quite a good cave, yeah, but.. after that.. a bit harder then charwood in my opinion..
it's the path to remgard..
twiztidclown

Post by twiztidclown »

Thank you all very much.