v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Strong enough to do Green Maze?

Post your questions about game contents here. Want to know how to complete a quest, or where to go to find an item? Post here!
n1cky0
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Re: Strong enough to do Green Maze?

Post by n1cky0 »

Thanks ace, some good reading there. Although I still have uncertain doubts lol.

Thanks Jon, I didn't realise I'd passed the serpents hauberk already and saw you post after going back to the crossroads. So I went back to get it and was well worth it tyvm :) Can't see me taking it off now. I came across the DoSP by chance and am wishing I went for dagger proficiency now :( +20 crit is epic!

Just a few more questions... =D

1. Can I have more than 1 type of fighting style in skills? ie. Dual wield + 2 handed.

2. Can I get 2 proficiencies? ie. Dagger prof + 1handed sword prof. Or change 1 handed for daggers.

3. Do short swords like villan's blade come under dagger proficiency as 1 handed says it's for rapiers, long swords + broadswords. (I presumed short sword is 1 handed and not a dagger).

If I can't have dagger prof (Don't want to go back to the save 250,000 xp ago to change) I guess I'll have to go with FSP + BalancedSS until I get RoL (just noticed RoL is 5AP... maybe not). Or sod the proficiency and duel wield FSP+DoSP.

4. Any suggestions?
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

n1cky0 wrote:1. Can I have more than 1 type of fighting style in skills? ie. Dual wield + 2 handed.
Yes, if you wish. To get the full benefits it would cost you an additional 3 skill points though.
n1cky0 wrote:2. Can I get 2 proficiencies? ie. Dagger prof + 1handed sword prof. Or change 1 handed for daggers.
Yes. I have both dagger and one handed sword. It's gives me more options when dual wielding.
n1cky0 wrote:3. Do short swords like villan's blade come under dagger proficiency as 1 handed says it's for rapiers, long swords + broadswords. (I presumed short sword is 1 handed and not a dagger).
Correct, Dagger proficiency is for daggers and shortswords.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
ace
VIP
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by ace »

oh you read all that text, wow!. well rijacson answered your questions well as he always do but not the suggestions and I also cannot untill you don't tell us how far you reached levelling up and where are you in AT?

and serpents hauberk is just amazing. keep that on. and have you visited charwood cabin?
the secrets of shadow and light
be happy :lol:
https://facebook.com/andorstrail
n1cky0

Post by n1cky0 »

Thank you for your patience, you guys rock! This is a great community.

I went back to charwood cabin and got the dagger prof (got lucky with a oegyth crystal from a red cave burrower east of the DoSP cave) =D I have just turned down the dark blessing and opted for the dark protector (made an extra save file just incase of future updates) and will be able to grind the 10k xp i missed. Currently I'm back at the gargoyles cave grinding -_-

So at the mo I'm currently:
lvl 33 with 12AP
199% 20-34 +23 x2.0
74%/4

Base:
HP 81
AC 100%
AD 13
BC 15%

Skills:
Hard hit 1
Dodge 1
Bark skin 1
Combat speed 2
Corpse eater 1 (regret this choice)
Increased Fortitude 1 (should of been my 1st choice)
Dag prof 1
1 handed sword prof 1
Light armour prof 1
Dual wield 1

Wearing:
FSP
Crude wooden buck (only for 3 more levels)
Dark protector
Serpents hauberk
Jof
Villan's ring x2
Troublemakers gloves
Woodcutters boots

At least I don't feel so much of a noob now lol. Almost certain I have the best helm, armour + necklace (apart from marrowtaint) for what I want. May replace 1 or both rings with the crits ones/RoLS when needed. I think I'll be going with FSP + DoSP in 3 more levels when I get dual wield (2) or BSS + BSS for monsters immune to crit. Don't think I can get better gloves/boots until Reygard? Which I intend to go to after finishing BW quests.
ace
VIP
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by ace »

you are going good n1cky0. I can sense it you are becoming a destroyer now. :D now are not far from meeting the potion maker.
you should check out protector's ring, its state tries to compete with RoLS. you can get it from priest in vilegaurd or remgaurd.
the secrets of shadow and light
be happy :lol:
https://facebook.com/andorstrail
n1cky0

Post by n1cky0 »

Looks like a good all round ring! Think I'll have a couple of them for going with dual BSS, and 2 RoLS for crit set up if I can stand the grind. :twisted: