v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

What is the use of all the animal parts etc.

Post your questions about game contents here. Want to know how to complete a quest, or where to go to find an item? Post here!
shevek
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

What is the use of all the animal parts etc.

Post by shevek »

Hi,

I have been playing for a while, but this is my first post here.

This seems like a very basic question but I haven't found any answer to it here.

What is the point of all the animal parts, gems etc that enimies drop? While some have clear use or is needed to fulfill some quests or recieve specific items, most of them seems useless except you can trade them for money. Will there be a benefitial use of say hundreds of rat tails later on in the game or should I just sell of everything? I am on level 40 now.

Another question related to this: I have looted some weak poison, but there is no way to use it on enemies, or is there? If I try to use it I only drink it myself and get poisoned. :?

Why doesn't enemies drop more money instead if there is no use of all this stuff?
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Re: What is the use of all the animal parts etc.

Post by Zukero »

Hello shevek, and welcome to the forums,

Many of these small items have no specific use, and can be sold for money.
Some of them have use in some quests, so, unless you really need money (which shouldn't be the case at level 40), I'd say keep them.
Also, keep in mind that some currently useless items may find a quest-related use in future content !
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
shevek

Post by shevek »

Ok, yeah I figured. Thanks for really fast reply!

I also now found another post on this topic on the forum.

I have also been wondering why you are asked if you want to pick up the loot when there is no backside of it. The inventory chest seems to be endless and you can at least sell the stuff. But never mind. :-)
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Post by Zukero »

Haha. That's a good question.
I'd say (though I am no authority in this matter), that it was originally simply to put some text around this "pick up" button, while you were shown the list of the loot.
Moreover, it adds some role play: you are not *forced* to stuff your bag with animal hair if you don't feel like it :P but you can carry 200k iron swords !
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
Tomas 3

Post by Tomas 3 »

i already wrote a quest using animals parts see:http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4881
This quest make use animal parts ;)
En train de traduire AT en français 60% fait

Lvl:70 HP:169 AC:283% BC: 134% AD:31-43
Gold:150k XP:6169352 AP MAX : 12
AP:4 CM:2.0 ECC:27% RD:6