Game mechanics question

Post your questions about game contents here. Want to know how to complete a quest, or where to go to find an item? Post here!
Papalik
android_version: 3.0

Game mechanics question

Post by Papalik »

Hi guys. I start play this game a while, and wanna say its adorable. As old school rpg fun must say u made awesome game. Not always get such fun from comp games.
Sorry for my english btw, not so good at it.
Now my quetions:
- Attack chance.I read multiplay times formule witch posted many times here and still cant understand some thing
Calculate C = A - B
Calculate F = 50 * (1 + (2/pi) * ATAN( (C - 50) / 40 ) )
This function will produce a number between 0 and 100.
If C is 50, then F will be 50.
If C is high (the attacker's chance to hit is higher than the target's block chance), then F will be near 100.
If C is low, then F will be 50.
The chance to hit (in percent) is F.
So its like F = 50 or near 100, no middle numbers? I need just have +50 A then higher block chance mobe have in game? And if i have A +40 or +25 compare to B its make no difference till i get +50?
Maybe its silly question, and i cant get formule cuz of my language issue, so would be cool if someone explaine this to me.
- Does i have chanse to flee 80% all the time no difference what enemy is? (dont include perk for flee chance)
- Lost treasure quest, i find information that its not done yet, at another hand i find information about reward and what wil be if u complite it, so this quest done or no?
- And last one thing. 2 Years age post telling i can help write quests, can i still give u hand in this?
Thx for attention
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Re: Game mechanics question

Post by Zukero »

Hello papalik, and welcome to the forums.
This explanation of the formula is a bit wrong.
The base principle is an arctangent based on the difference between the attacker's AC and the defender's BC.
You can have close to 0% chance to hit if your AC is way lower than the mob's BC, but never 0%, you always have a chance to hit.
On the opposite, even if your AC is way higher than the mob's BC, you can have close to 100% chance to hit, but never 100%, you always have a chance to miss.
If your AC is 50 over the mob's BC, you have a 50% chance to hit.

The chance to flee is indeed fixed, no matter what mob (s) you are fighting.

The lost treasures quest is not finished, any different information is wrong.

We are indeed still looking for help with quest writing. See the following topic for contribution guide:http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4560.
You could also try to use the new in-development content editor: http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4806
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2