FSTH damage potential increase?

Post your questions about game contents here. Want to know how to complete a quest, or where to go to find an item? Post here!
lakra
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:14 am
android_version: 4.4

Re: FSTH damage potential increase?

Post by lakra » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:43 pm

Did you consider about putting immunties against special weapon types on monsters?

Like Wasps or bats are immune to two handed weapons (small, fast moving targets) or having at least a higher block chance against the bigger weapons?

Maybe daggers could make big critical hits against small and unarmored targets but are pretty ineffective against huge monsters like yetis etc.

Players would have to avoid those unfitting enemies or use at least "unfitting" weapons for their prior fighting style.

In my example i use dosp / blade of defieler (I don't know if the name is correct :-)) and can hit a huge enemy with around 180 dmg per critical and this is already around level 50.
lakra
Lvl: 76 XP: 7890637 AP: 12/3 HP: 249 AC: 394% AD: 58-65 CHS: -29 BC: 140% DR: 3
Skills: WA: 1 Do: 1 MC: 1 CS: 2 CE: 1 IF: 5
Reg: 1 WP:Da: 3 WP:1S: 1 AP:L: 3 FS:DW: 2 S:DW: 1
RoLS: 1
Status Effects: SR

User avatar
rijackson741
Posts: 1559
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:04 am
android_version: 6.0
Location: Somewhere in Dhayavar

Re: FSTH damage potential increase?

Post by rijackson741 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:40 am

I have personally thought about that, yes. A dagger, for example, should not be able to penetrate the shell of a Scaradon, and even a sword should have little effect. A big hammer, on the other hand, would crush the shell and do enormous damage. As you note, killing wasps with a giant hammer should be close to impossible.

It would be a huge amount of work to implement something like this though, so I doubt it will ever happen.
Level: 64, XP: 4734786, HP: 196, AC: 246%, AD: 49-59, AP: 3, ECC: 25%, CM: 3, BC: 127%, DR: 2
Gold: 232355 | RoLS: 1, RoL: 1, GoW: 1
HH: 1, CS: 2, IF: 4, Ev: 3, Re: 2, WP:DA: 1, WP:1S: 1, AP:L: 1, FS:DW: 2, S:DW: 1
SR

User avatar
Zukero
Lead Developer
Posts: 1401
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:56 am
android_version: 7.1

Re: FSTH damage potential increase?

Post by Zukero » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:06 am

IMHO it's easier to kill a wasp with a giant hammer that with a dagger. Should we add a flyswatter as a weapon? :D
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2

lakra
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:14 am
android_version: 4.4

Re: FSTH damage potential increase?

Post by lakra » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:11 pm

Zukero wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:06 am
IMHO it's easier to kill a wasp with a giant hammer that with a dagger. Should we add a flyswatter as a weapon? :D
:lol:

I'd love to see you walking through your living room swinging a giant hammer to kill a single wasp and the reaction of your family... :lol:

rijackson741 wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:40 am
I have personally thought about that, yes. A dagger, for example, should not be able to penetrate the shell of a Scaradon, and even a sword should have little effect. A big hammer, on the other hand, would crush the shell and do enormous damage. As you note, killing wasps with a giant hammer should be close to impossible.

It would be a huge amount of work to implement something like this though, so I doubt it will ever happen.
Hm, wouldn't you only have to check the weapon class with a possible immunity attribute from an enemy before starting the attack chance / block chance / damage formula (I'm not even close to a programmer...)
lakra
Lvl: 76 XP: 7890637 AP: 12/3 HP: 249 AC: 394% AD: 58-65 CHS: -29 BC: 140% DR: 3
Skills: WA: 1 Do: 1 MC: 1 CS: 2 CE: 1 IF: 5
Reg: 1 WP:Da: 3 WP:1S: 1 AP:L: 3 FS:DW: 2 S:DW: 1
RoLS: 1
Status Effects: SR

User avatar
rijackson741
Posts: 1559
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:04 am
android_version: 6.0
Location: Somewhere in Dhayavar

Re: FSTH damage potential increase?

Post by rijackson741 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:29 pm

It's not the coding that would be the majority of the work, it's the redesign and rebalancing of the game. Every monster would have to be given new characteristics, such a small, big, hard, soft, etc. Then every type of weapon would need new stats to determine how the monster characteristics affect damage. Those changes would necessitate a redesign of many skills, and probably the addition of new ones. All of that would have to be balanced, which is very hard to do (we are currently working on fixing the existing imbalances in the game, and that's hard enough!). Writing the code would certainly be work, but the vast majority of the work would be figuring out what the code should be.
Level: 64, XP: 4734786, HP: 196, AC: 246%, AD: 49-59, AP: 3, ECC: 25%, CM: 3, BC: 127%, DR: 2
Gold: 232355 | RoLS: 1, RoL: 1, GoW: 1
HH: 1, CS: 2, IF: 4, Ev: 3, Re: 2, WP:DA: 1, WP:1S: 1, AP:L: 1, FS:DW: 2, S:DW: 1
SR

lakra
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:14 am
android_version: 4.4

Re: FSTH damage potential increase?

Post by lakra » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:41 pm

rijackson741 wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:29 pm
It's not the coding that would be the majority of the work, it's the redesign and rebalancing of the game. Every monster would have to be given new characteristics, such a small, big, hard, soft, etc. Then every type of weapon would need new stats to determine how the monster characteristics affect damage. Those changes would necessitate a redesign of many skills, and probably the addition of new ones. All of that would have to be balanced, which is very hard to do (we are currently working on fixing the existing imbalances in the game, and that's hard enough!). Writing the code would certainly be work, but the vast majority of the work would be figuring out what the code should be.
Now it sounds like a huge ammount of work, indeed ;)

In my first thoughts, that was way easier. Maybe then the suggestions with using the weapons more as a multiplicator of the players attack damage then a fix bonus of damage points is the easier way to give the weapon damage a higher meaning.
lakra
Lvl: 76 XP: 7890637 AP: 12/3 HP: 249 AC: 394% AD: 58-65 CHS: -29 BC: 140% DR: 3
Skills: WA: 1 Do: 1 MC: 1 CS: 2 CE: 1 IF: 5
Reg: 1 WP:Da: 3 WP:1S: 1 AP:L: 3 FS:DW: 2 S:DW: 1
RoLS: 1
Status Effects: SR

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 3 guests