Magicfinder. Is it Useful or Useless?

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.

Is Magicfinder Useful or Useless?

I like it the way it is, it's very useful.
67%
It needs a bit changed, it's mostly useful.
8%
Magicfinder, what's that?
No votes
It needs a lot changed, but it's slightly useful.
13%
I wouldn't spend the skill points, it's useless.
13%

Total votes: 24

DarkSavant13
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Magicfinder. Is it Useful or Useless?

Post by DarkSavant13 »

I rarely hear much talk on the forums of Magicfinder. There are a few mentions, but not many. When I see people talking of their character builds, I have yet to see anyone include it. I tried using it with my first character, but, it seemed mostly useless, except when it came to items like meat, etc. Low level items were plentiful but other than that I saw no return for the use of a valuable skill point.

So, would you be willing to spend skill points on the skill because you find it useful, or would you use your skill points on other skills because you find it useless?

I, personally, find the skill useless in it's current state. It has no real benefical use with one skill point assigned to it, and you would basically need to spend all of your skill points to make it useful in any way whatsoever. It needs major modification to make it useful for anyone. To get any real benefit from it.

That's just my opinion. It would be great if you could post and let us know why you answered the poll as you did and what you think of the Magicfinder skill and if you like it the way it is or what you think can be done to improve it without overbalancing the game. :)

I enabled re-voting, so if your opinion changes for any reason (ie. Magicfinder being changed) you may re-vote and add your new opinion to the poll results. ;)

DarkSavant13
Piggy the Slayer

Re: Magicfinder. Is it Useful or Useless?

Post by Piggy the Slayer »

I like it as it is. I have 2 skill points in magic finder. Mainly because I'd spend months trying to loot a RoL. I got one fairly soon after investing in magic finder. Extraordinary items pop up pretty quickly for me now. Although IMHO its not an important skill and there are many more I would choose first or early on.
Level:145 AC: 428% BC:170% DR:4 AD:78-90 AP:12 HP:750 BSS.
mdmedlin
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Post by mdmedlin »

I think it would only be useful if you don't want to grind for the L/E gear. A lot of topics have covered items that are nearly as useful as the L/E stuff you can find. I use it because I don't want to have to spend as much time grinding, and I want the stuff. But on the other build I have, I am not going to use it, because I want to be able to concentrate on skills to make my character better. Plus some of the high end skills for crits are freaking awesome and I don't want to waste sp's on mf.
Level 39 Exp: 1093259 HP: 111 AC: 189% AD: 22-29 AP: 6 CC: 10% CM:2 BC 54% DR: 0 SR:2543 RoLS: 1

frog killer
Biggsy

Post by Biggsy »

I have 2 characters. One at lvl 75 and one at lvl 57. The one at 75 has 4 magic finder. Once I got at magic finder 4 the “extraordinary” and “legendary” items seemed to come fairly quickly, I have 1 of every “extraordinary” and “legendary” item but with 2 of RoLS. My 57 character, I have no “extraordinary” or “legendary” items. I have grinded away to no success. I just got this character up to magic finder 4 and hope for only 3 items, 2 RoLS and 1 RoL before 6.11 comes out on Droid. I am a novice computer person and I know that people are already playing the alpha 6.11 and it’s killing me that I have to wait. BEST game ever, I can’t wait, I don’t even play Xbox anymore just to grind away at this game.
der_Hosenwyrm
android_version: 2.0

Post by der_Hosenwyrm »

Well, I wouldn't personally skill it, but I don't think it's useless or needs to be changed.

I mean, there are quite a few skills I wouldn't bother with, but isn't having the flexibility to develop your character as you choose kind of the point of an RPG? :P
Prometheus
Lvl:97, XP:16504704, Gold:725579,
RoLS:1, ElyR:0, RoL:0, ChaR:2, GoLF:1, ShaF:0,
HP:211, AC:255%, AD:49-55, AP:2/12, CC:-4%, CM:-, BC:165%, DR:0
DarkSavant13

Post by DarkSavant13 »

Mdmedlin, Biggsy, and Der_Hosenwyrm, thanks for the opinions. :) But, ya didn't take the poll. ;)

Hehe. :P That's OK, you're opinion is valued anyway. :D

DarkSavant13
fiernaq

Post by fiernaq »

You're missing a choice on the poll:

I wouldn't spend the skill points but it's fine just the way it is.

It's a worthwhile skill to choose and does provide a valuable benefit but not everyone is going to feel the need to get it.

Also, for those that do get it, 2-4 is the magic range. Any more than that and you're either wasting skill points or have just spent so much time grinding without any luck that you're going loopy and need a way out.
Level: 58, HP: 102, AC: 295%, AD: 46-56, AP: 2/12, BC: 35%, DR: 4
Gold: 75235 | RoLS: 0 RoL: 0 SRoV: 0 VSH: 0
Skills: IF1, Ev1, Ev2, Ev3, CE1, CS1, CS2, Re1, WA1, HH1, Cl1, HH2, DaggerPro1, LightArmorPro1, ShieldPro1, WA2, Cl2
Equipment: Enhanced Combat Helmet, Serpent's Hauberk, Marrowtaint, Quickstrike Dagger, Remgard Shield, Villain's Ring, Villain's Ring, Leather Gloves Of Attack, Enhanced Combat Boots
Last Updated: 02-Dec-2013
Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Mino »

fiernaq wrote:You're missing a choice on the poll:

I wouldn't spend the skill points but it's fine just the way it is.

It's a worthwhile skill to choose and does provide a valuable benefit but not everyone is going to feel the need to get it.

Also, for those that do get it, 2-4 is the magic range. Any more than that and you're either wasting skill points or have just spent so much time grinding without any luck that you're going loopy and need a way out.
I probably fall into that "got loopy" category, after all the time spent grinding for an RoLS before the update with BWM came out (and that was 1 update before the one with skill points introduced), and more trying to get the ElyR, I ended up with a lot of skill points stocked up when they were introduced, and I used 10 of them on Magic Finder.
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

I have mixed feelings about Magic Finder

I got to Magic Finder Lvl 2 on my main and it helped alot with trying to get the L + E items but when i started over again i find myself not using it anymore.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
mdmedlin
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Post by mdmedlin »

OK OK OK I voted, and I find myself starting to get a little loopy in that I might actually dump another skill point in MF if I don't get that RoL by the time I hit 48. I'm at 44 right now and that was when I put that fourth point in MF. I want to find all the L/E items and make a build around that. I have not gone after my second RoLS yet, when I get done with all the quests and found all the L/E items, then I might go after it. Personally though, I probably wont because I will be using other rings to better my other skills.
Level 39 Exp: 1093259 HP: 111 AC: 189% AD: 22-29 AP: 6 CC: 10% CM:2 BC 54% DR: 0 SR:2543 RoLS: 1

frog killer