v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Poll: Save-Cheating, and discussion.

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.

What do you think about save-cheating?

I love it! Can't live without it.
23%
I use it now and then.
36%
I use it only in extreme situations, like boss battles.
21%
I try to never use it.
8%
I never use it.
5%
I feel a change needs to be done to discourage it.
8%

Total votes: 39

Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Re: Poll: Save-Cheating, and discussion.

Post by Pyrizzle »

Bard wrote:This could lead to a new Highscore list!
Which level did you reach before permadeath?
:lol: And no SAVE CHEATING!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DarkSavant13
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by DarkSavant13 »

Pyrizzle wrote:
Bard wrote: in fact everyone could play this game in very hard and "implement" permadeath - one would only have to stop playing and delete the save file after death! ;)
LOVE IT! I might have to try that the next time i start over (cuz we all know it will happen eventually) :lol:
+1 I love the idea of a hard mode with permadeath. :) That would take a TON of coding, you would have to make it so each mob had three sets of stats: easy normal, and hard. But, it would be worth it in the long run.

I'm competin' with ya on restarts, Pyro. I restart every time there is an update to the alpha (now beta). :P I figure someone has to report on any bugs in the new character area, even if there are none. ;) Ya never know, lol. Besides, I want to see how any skill changes, etc., affect things. ;)
Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

DarkSavant13 wrote:I'm competin' with ya on restarts, Pyro. I restart every time there is an update to the alpha (now beta). :P I figure someone has to report on any bugs in the new character area, even if there are none. ;) Ya never know, lol. Besides, I want to see how any skill changes, etc., affect things. ;)
hahahahaha you're a loooong ways away still kid ;) :lol: ;) But no one is anywhere near Nyktos (the Start Over Champion)

DarkSavant13
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by DarkSavant13 »

Pyrizzle wrote:
DarkSavant13 wrote:I'm competin' with ya on restarts, Pyro. I restart every time there is an update to the alpha (now beta). :P I figure someone has to report on any bugs in the new character area, even if there are none. ;) Ya never know, lol. Besides, I want to see how any skill changes, etc., affect things. ;)
hahahahaha you're a loooong ways away still kid ;) :lol: ;) But no one is anywhere near Nyktos (the Start Over Champion)
Lol, I know, and who ya callin' kid, young one. :P

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

DarkSavant13 wrote:Lol, I know, and who ya callin' kid, young one. :P :lol: :lol: :lol:
A kid and your deaf? :lol:

~~~~~~~~~~~~Back on topic time~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Save cheating <---------- and go! :D

Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

Im in, refreching new competition ;)

edit, currently at level 7 wihout dying or use any bonemeal.
Last edited by Sarumar on Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
phydeaux
VIP
android_version: 5.1 - Lolipop
Location: Gargoyle cavern, blindly hacking mobs to pieces till I find a rols!

Post by phydeaux »

Perma-death would be kewl for something like a hard mode... Btw, all that extra coding for different levels of play isn't really all that difficult... Think stat multipliers rather than stat sets...
Mad P
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Post by Mad P »

I haven't been around for about half a year, but it's nice to see you guys keep going on new challenges!
As I already adepted my own variation of permadeath (permanent low level combined with a three-deaths-against-the-same-monster = permadeath) I won't be joining you on this one, but - on topic - I'd like to add my votes to the option not to change the way saving works right now. Same arguments as Pyrizzle used: different builds, different rules, choice is yours.

Please don't solve this by more coding, but rather restrict yourself on saving if you, like me, really want to adventure the hard way.

More coding tends to slow things down and raises complications like timing conflicts
I'd rather save the extra coding contributions for really new game experiences!
Still playing this game at level 5, collected all extraordinaries, now some precious ring would be useful...

Lvl: 5, XP: 190789
GoLF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, ChaR: 1, ShaF: 1
Gold:28158, HP: 66, AC: 191%, AD: 10-17, AP: 3, CC: 0%, CM: 0, BC: -10%, DR: 0
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

Mad P wrote:I haven't been around for about half a year, but it's nice to see you guys keep going on new challenges!
As I already adepted my own variation of permadeath (permanent low level combined with a three-deaths-against-the-same-monster = permadeath) I won't be joining you on this one, but - on topic - I'd like to add my votes to the option not to change the way saving works right now. Same arguments as Pyrizzle used: different builds, different rules, choice is yours.

Please don't solve this by more coding, but rather restrict yourself on saving if you, like me, really want to adventure the hard way.

More coding tends to slow things down and raises complications like timing conflicts
I'd rather save the extra coding contributions for really new game experiences!
Nice to have you back !

I like to hear some news from little hero ;)

And please be carefull here, nowadays i am not the only one who needs some medicall help in to mental conditition or even better need to send in closed compartment.

:) :) :) .. hik.

Just see some posts in ATA or whispers at corner table topic in excamble.... :) :) :)
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Mad P
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Post by Mad P »

Thank you, Sarumar! I'll catch up soon with reading all the wild stories about frog-wars and the like, and maybe even dust off my own hero's story if I can still find it!

(Sorry for drifting off topic...)
Still playing this game at level 5, collected all extraordinaries, now some precious ring would be useful...

Lvl: 5, XP: 190789
GoLF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, ChaR: 1, ShaF: 1
Gold:28158, HP: 66, AC: 191%, AD: 10-17, AP: 3, CC: 0%, CM: 0, BC: -10%, DR: 0