v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Poll: Save-Cheating, and discussion.

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.

What do you think about save-cheating?

I love it! Can't live without it.
23%
I use it now and then.
36%
I use it only in extreme situations, like boss battles.
21%
I try to never use it.
8%
I never use it.
5%
I feel a change needs to be done to discourage it.
8%

Total votes: 39

Chest_Rockfield
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread
Location: Impeached former President of the Too cool for a RoLS Club. ;)

Re: Poll: Save-Cheating, and discussion.

Post by Chest_Rockfield »

I actually never use it anymore because [before this update that I haven't even downloaded yet because I just got the Razr Maxx] it was basically impossible for me to die. However, I used to use it and it was quite helpful. I imagine the game would me way harder and more reminiscent of pre-ROM or game genie Nintendo games.
Lvl: 162, XP: 77,249,000, Gold: 2,508,000 RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 18, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 2
HP: 517, AC: 333%, AD: 60-61, AP: 3, CC: 90%, CM: 3, BC: 218%, DR: 0, BMP: 4k+
DarkSavant13

Post by DarkSavant13 »

Chest_Rockfield wrote:I actually never use it anymore because [before this update that I haven't even downloaded yet because I just got the Razr Maxx] it was basically impossible for me to die. However, I used to use it and it was quite helpful. I imagine the game would me way harder and more reminiscent of pre-ROM or game genie Nintendo games.
Chest, you should download the update. Lot's of fun to be had. :D

Even though it would make the game more challenging, it has come to my notice that it is those that complain about the game being too easy and make suggestions that they say would make the game "harder" are the same ones that are so passionate about not changing the game's save system to disallow save-cheating.

I'd have to say that if they would just stop save-cheating, they would find the game more challenging and not want the game to be "harder".

Just an observation. ;)
Chest_Rockfield
Location: Impeached former President of the Too cool for a RoLS Club. ;)

Post by Chest_Rockfield »

The problem, I think, is that it is hard to find a happy medium that, regardless of save cheating, won't make the game impossible while at the same time won't just require more grinding time to make it easy again. I think that happy medium must lie in the quests and puzzles and such; beefing up monsters and eliminating saves only adds time, not difficulty.

I have the game on my new phone [It stinks setting up a new phone] but I am still struggling to move my save file over...
Lvl: 162, XP: 77,249,000, Gold: 2,508,000 RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 18, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 2
HP: 517, AC: 333%, AD: 60-61, AP: 3, CC: 90%, CM: 3, BC: 218%, DR: 0, BMP: 4k+
Darkwolf
android_version: 4.0

Post by Darkwolf »

DarkSavant13 wrote:
Chest_Rockfield wrote:I actually never use it anymore because [before this update that I haven't even downloaded yet because I just got the Razr Maxx] it was basically impossible for me to die. However, I used to use it and it was quite helpful. I imagine the game would me way harder and more reminiscent of pre-ROM or game genie Nintendo games.

Even though it would make the game more challenging, it has come to my notice that it is those that complain about the game being too easy and make suggestions that they say would make the game "harder" are the same ones that are so passionate about not changing the game's save system to disallow save-cheating.

I'd have to say that if they would just stop save-cheating, they would find the game more challenging and not want the game to be "harder".

Just an observation. ;)
Not entirely true.

1.) it's not cheating.

2.) I think the game is at a perfect difficulty. though I wouldn't mind the spiders being a tad easier.
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by sdevaney »

Darkwolf wrote:
DarkSavant13 wrote:

Just an observation. ;)
Not entirely true.

1.) it's not cheating.

2.) I think the game is at a perfect difficulty. though I wouldn't mind the spiders being a tad easier.
Lol the spiders used to not be capped at 7. They really sucked then, could get you down to 0 AD and AC quickly. Only resort after that is flee or death lol.
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

Thread Locked.

It has been decided that the saving system will remain as is, no changes.

Happy Hunting!

:twisted:
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]