v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Neutral Starter Characters: How far is too far?

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Re: Neutral Starter Characters: How far is too far?

Post by Mino »

The problem here is that what doesn't seem to have consequences now still could after future updates. But here are the ones where you don't have to choose a side. Side note: since the Thieves Guild aren't really on any side but their own, whether or not you consider helping them neutral may be a matter of opinion. I think Samuel was at one point only doing any quests that don't require choosing a side.

To avoid spoilers, I'll just list the name of the quests.
The ones with the * next to it involve helping the Thieves guild

Should be safe (does not require a side to be taken):
Search for Andor* (so far)
Breakfast bread
Rats!
Missing husband
Rat infestation
Fallen friends
Key of Luthor*
Drunken Tale
Calomyran secrets
Ancient secrets
A lost potion*
Trusting an outsider
Uncertain cause
Well rested
No weakness
Deep Wound
Devastated land
Lost sheep
Bits and pieces
An involuntary carrier
I have it in me

Currently neutral but involves breaking the law so could have consequences later on:
Disallowed substance
Lost treasures
Night visit*
Kaori's errands - requires completing the Disallowed substance quest
Spies in the foam

Requires you to choose a side:
Missing pieces
The agent and the beast / Clouded intent - these are kind of intertwined and involve the Blackwater Mountain Settlement and Prim dispute. You can also accidentally end up choosing not to help either side, which means you won't get to start the "Lights in the dark" quest. There is also a choice even after you choose a side
Whether to kill the other leader or let him live and run away. So far, there has been no follow up if you let them live but who knows what could come in an update?
Awoken from slumber - you can start this quest, but have to make a choice at the end.
Cheap cuts
The path is clear to me
Feygard errands
Flows through the veins
Of mice and men
The dark protector
Everything in order
The five idols (can't be started without choosing a particular side in "Everything in order")
What is that stench? (can't be started without choosing a particular side in "Everything in order")

Can't be started without completing another quest that requires choosing a side:
Lights in the dark - have to complete "The agent and the beast" & "Clouded intent" and have chosen a side
The five idols / What is that stench - have to complete "Everything in order" and which side you chose determines which quest you'll get
A difference of opinion - have to choose to report whether or not you found anything at the cabin near Remgard, in order to enter the town (either choice lets you enter).
Old friends? - have to complete "Missing pieces" (whichever side you chose, this quest will end the same, although it might require less travelling back and forth depending on who you sided with). You also have to complete "Everything in order" to get to where this quest starts.
Last edited by Mino on Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:25 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

another amazing post there Mino,
obviously a big +1 ~ Nice!

:D
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
AspenTD
android_version: 3.1 - Honeycomb

Post by AspenTD »

Mino, BIG +1! That list is exactly what I was looking for, thanks.
DarkSavant13
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by DarkSavant13 »

nyktos wrote:hopefully!

:twisted:
im thinking of when you attack the bandit Rogorn,
and his cohorts join in the fight...

or either Leader in the Blackwater & Prim drama...
having the guards defending, not just standing there.

Ahhh. You're talking about Spawn Groups. In the editor there is an entry spot called "Spawn Group". If you link NPCs via spawn grouping them it is similar to faction as it would cause a reaction in the mobs around them to attack you. This is not Faction. ;)

Mino has been on a roll today for great posts.You definitely deserve a +1 for that post, too, bud. :D
Mino
VIP

Post by Mino »

I'll probably end up using that list to build a new character to do the same thing as Aspen and Samuel. I split off too early with the Unzel vs Vacor quest, so one character (the main) is a lot more powerful than the other (level 121 vs level 51).

I revised the list slightly. I had indicated that the quest "Everything in order" can be started, but when playing one of my alternate builds, I discovered you have to choose a side just to cross the bridge into Remgard.
Last edited by nyktos on Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: double post combined
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
Chest_Rockfield
Location: Impeached former President of the Too cool for a RoLS Club. ;)

Post by Chest_Rockfield »

When I searched for "Is Mazeg in this update" it took me to this thread, and unless I'm blind, I didn't see the answer (I am doing a rather crude glance over). Can anyone tell me if I'm wasting my time looking?
Lvl: 162, XP: 77,249,000, Gold: 2,508,000 RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 18, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 2
HP: 517, AC: 333%, AD: 60-61, AP: 3, CC: 90%, CM: 3, BC: 218%, DR: 0, BMP: 4k+
Mino
VIP

Post by Mino »

Chest_Rockfield wrote:When I searched for "Is Mazeg in this update" it took me to this thread, and unless I'm blind, I didn't see the answer (I am doing a rather crude glance over). Can anyone tell me if I'm wasting my time looking?
I don't know if its listed here, maybe it just found the word "update". At any rate, your time isn't wasted, I can tell you Mazeg is indeed in v0.6.11. And as a hint, he was also in v.0.6.09 (and .10), just not part of any quest until now. The potion maker that sends you to find him gives a hint on where he is.

Since I'm here, I moved "A Difference of opinion" to the "requires completing another quest" category since you have to choose a side just to enter Remgard.

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

Chest_Rockfield wrote:When I searched for "Is Mazeg in this update" it took me to this thread, and unless I'm blind, I didn't see the answer (I am doing a rather crude glance over). Can anyone tell me if I'm wasting my time looking?
I can confirm this one, Mazeg is part of quest which you can complited in this update ...
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
fiernaq

Post by fiernaq »

Don't search for a complete phrase; use keywords. Instead of searching for "Is Mazeg in this update" you could just search for "mazeg" and sort results by post time - ascending. Unfortunately, the search utility on this forum doesn't seem capable of dealing with decimals (at least I couldn't figure it out) but there's always an alternative. I still find it useful to go back and read up on search functionality from time to time because the better you are at searching for stuff the quicker and easier you can find the answers to your questions. Not all of these will pertain to this forum but the general principles found in these links will hold true regardless of where you search.

Google Search basics
Guide to searching
Searching - for academics
Level: 58, HP: 102, AC: 295%, AD: 46-56, AP: 2/12, BC: 35%, DR: 4
Gold: 75235 | RoLS: 0 RoL: 0 SRoV: 0 VSH: 0
Skills: IF1, Ev1, Ev2, Ev3, CE1, CS1, CS2, Re1, WA1, HH1, Cl1, HH2, DaggerPro1, LightArmorPro1, ShieldPro1, WA2, Cl2
Equipment: Enhanced Combat Helmet, Serpent's Hauberk, Marrowtaint, Quickstrike Dagger, Remgard Shield, Villain's Ring, Villain's Ring, Leather Gloves Of Attack, Enhanced Combat Boots
Last Updated: 02-Dec-2013
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

fiernaq wrote:Don't search for a complete phrase; use keywords. Instead of searching for "Is Mazeg in this update" you could just search for "mazeg" and sort results by post time - ascending. Unfortunately, the search utility on this forum doesn't seem capable of dealing with decimals (at least I couldn't figure it out) but there's always an alternative. I still find it useful to go back and read up on search functionality from time to time because the better you are at searching for stuff the quicker and easier you can find the answers to your questions. Not all of these will pertain to this forum but the general principles found in these links will hold true regardless of where you search.

Google Search basics
Guide to searching
Searching - for academics
+1really usefull tips here
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1