v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

taunt skill

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Re: taunt skill

Post by Antison »

12 more levels and that elusive Taunt skill will finally be mine and Antison (my defensive build's name) will be unstoppable. He will get his revenge in the spider cave and the dried-up lake bed. :twisted: :twisted:
Last edited by Antison on Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Antison wrote:12 more levels and that elusive Taunt skill will finally be mine and Antison (my defensive build's name) will be unstoppable. He will get his revenge in the spider cave and the dried-up lake bed. :twisted: :twisted:
:twisted: happy grinding Anti! Hope those 12 levels pass by fairly quickly.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spark
android_version: 4.3

Post by Spark »

[s]How long taunt effect lasts, round or constant?
Does taunt effects stack to completely immobilize monster?

And want to ask those who have tried this skill in practice, how this build if compare to attack-damage builds? Does your character feels really powerful with this skill? Does this changes fighting process if you have this skill as soon as you can?

I think such build is less fast with killing large areas compared to attack-damage builds. But gaining this skill sooner can help access hard areas and fight more powerful NPCs, however less fast.[/s]

Just read Pyrizzle review of this skill, sad it is so weak.
It is greate he clarifyed this.
Image lvl: 34, HP: 79, AC: 231%, AD: 19-27, AP: 2/12, BC: 22%, Move Cost 4
Equipment: QsD, JoF, Villian's ring2, Villian's armor, HPG, Coward's boots, Fine green hat, Wooden defender
Skills: IF2, Ev3, Re1, CS2
Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

Thanks Spark!

Wish it could have been a better review of the skill.

It looks like the effect has been adjusted since the time i left my review... I'm thinking this might be a bit better but i will have to test it yet again to find out.

As Nether said: (Great way of putting it btw) +1
It either blocks one attack (Lowers # of attacks by one) or has NO EFFECT. =(

A suggestion: Maybe raise the effect to lower the effected NPC's AP by 3 instead of 2. That might lower some NPCs APT (Attack Per Turn) by one or even 2 (For those pesky NPCs with an attack cost of 2)

Antison

Post by Antison »

Antison wrote:12 more levels and that elusive Taunt skill will finally be mine and Antison (my defensive build's name) will be unstoppable. He will get his revenge in the spider cave and the dried-up lake bed. :twisted: :twisted:
4 more levels and its mine. :twisted:
Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

Antison: Sure takes a long time to level when you have so many builds going at once. (you quoted post was from Jul 19, 2013 4:35 pm)

Hope those last few levels go by quickly and that you will return with awesome reviews for this skill.

Duke
VIP

Post by Duke »

Antison, did you get Taunt ? if so, thoughts?
Lvl78 XP9403007 Gold 248643 AP3 HP139 AC350 AD42-59 BC97 DR1
SP:D MC3 BC CS2 QL4 IF MF EB DW2
Rols1Rol2Elyr1Char1Golf1Shaf0Srov1Vsh1
Ozzy
lvl:47 HP114 AC254 AD27-37 BC112
SP:WA HH CS(2) CL CE IF(2) Reg
Rols1Rol0ElyR0Char2Shaf1Golf1Srov1Vsh1
Antison

Post by Antison »

Duke wrote:Antison, did you get Taunt ? if so, thoughts?
Not yet. My 2nd defensive minded character has attained all the prerequisite skills and is only 2 levels away from level 60 and another skill point. I have not touched this hero in months as he is hanging out in the crossroads guard shack waiting for the next content update.
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

I am also interested in Taunt. I'm still a lot of levels away, but my decision point is not so far away. I will get Ev3 next (one more level to go), then I have to choose a path. I have nothing in Dodge, so getting Taunt will take a while, but I have to decide if that's the route to take.
Pyrizzle wrote:As Nether said: (Great way of putting it btw) +1
It either blocks one attack (Lowers # of attacks by one) or has NO EFFECT. =(
I just looked through the monster list, and most monsters get 2 or more attacks per round, and I think in every case that is true a loss of 2AP will cost 1 attack (I say "I think" because I looked through the list sufficiently quickly that I might have missed a case where that's not true, but if so it's rare). So sometimes there will be no effect, but most of the time, if the monster misses then it will lose an attack.

Reading the early part of this thread, the chance of the attacker losing 2AP was given as 25%, but it's now 75%, which is a lot more attractive.

Is there anyone that actually has this skill that can give an opinion about it's real worth?
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Duke
VIP

Post by Duke »

I have finally attained the taunt skill; which upon an attacker's miss, they will lose 2 AP. So for example, a Hirathil Servant has a max AP of 10 and an attk cost of 5. when they swing and miss they have a 75% chance to get taunt. However, when this happens, there is no change to what is 'seen' on their display screen...it still shows a max AP of 10 and an attk cost of 5; but they will only attack once, which would be the result of their max AP being reduced by 2. So, I guess it is working but nothing is really showing me that it is working.
In conclusion, I guess this is a nice feature, but it really stinks not being able to see that it has taken effect....not sure if I would recommend it for that reason.
I wonder, are Fracture and Concussion the same way?
Lvl78 XP9403007 Gold 248643 AP3 HP139 AC350 AD42-59 BC97 DR1
SP:D MC3 BC CS2 QL4 IF MF EB DW2
Rols1Rol2Elyr1Char1Golf1Shaf0Srov1Vsh1
Ozzy
lvl:47 HP114 AC254 AD27-37 BC112
SP:WA HH CS(2) CL CE IF(2) Reg
Rols1Rol0ElyR0Char2Shaf1Golf1Srov1Vsh1