Andor's Trail BlackBerry

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
cccd3cpt
android_version: 4.2

Re: Andor's Trail BlackBerry

Post by cccd3cpt »

Thanks Scott. And one more update guys, AT is now updated again on BlackBerry world to match the correct version name (it'll now say 0.6.12 instead of 3.0) and it's updated to match the Google Code page. Enjoy :D
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

uzahoor10 [SA] wrote:Thanks Scott. And one more update guys, AT is now updated again on BlackBerry world to match the correct version name (it'll now say 0.6.12 instead of 3.0) and it's updated to match the Google Code page. Enjoy :D
+1 NNice work !

good hunting my friend
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

uzahoor10 [SA] wrote:Thanks Scott. And one more update guys, AT is now updated again on BlackBerry world to match the correct version name (it'll now say 0.6.12 instead of 3.0) and it's updated to match the Google Code page. Enjoy :D
Yes, thank you again! All your work is much appreciated!

Happy hunting!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Typhon
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Typhon »

Tomcat wrote:
Meirerion wrote:
uzahoor10 [SA] wrote: It is actually a bit more updated than the one on Google Play.
:shock:

What does that mean? :lol:

Is there anyone working on an iOs version of AT? Or are we all apple haters? :lol:
I tried to con my apple geek cousin into trying to port AT to IOS. He said he would and I sent him the code, but not a peep, so I'm assuming he moved on to other things.
mathuaerknedam

Post by mathuaerknedam »

Firesoldier wrote:I'm not sure but does Apple's Appstore-License allow to put an iOS-Version of AT into the appstore?
Last I knew, Apple's terms conflict with the terms of the GPL, and for AT to legally appear on the App Store, it would need to be dual-licensed. I gather that this would require getting agreement from every single contributor (whose code would be included in the port), so a single Apple-hater withholding agreement could put the kibosh on the deal.

That said, I don't really follow the license issues, and Andor's Trail is a much smaller project than Pidgin/Adium (my exposure to the problem), so perhaps there are other solutions that apply here.
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Post by Zukero »

Indeed the appstore's ToS add restrictions to the use of the software distributed through it.
The GPL license explicitly prevents distributors from imposing extra restrictions, but distributing apps in the app store means exactly that.
Read this for more info: https://www.fsf.org/blogs/licensing/mor ... nforcement
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
mathuaerknedam

Post by mathuaerknedam »

Pidgin has an official statement for anyone interested in a brief rundown on trying to work around this.

Adium had a thread on the dev list about this too. There's a lot of good discussion there, but a detail I've not heard mentioned much:
If we were to submit Adium to the App Store, any contributor - which includes contributors to underlying libraries like libpurple, libglib, or libintl - could (1) sue us directly and (2) activate the deauthorization provision in the GPL to remove our right to use the code, both because we would have knowingly violated the GPL.
Ouch.
Melarec

Post by Melarec »

Apple likes to not be compatible with anything..

Or anyone, for that matter..

While it would be nice to have our Ios friends join us in the hunt, I think we'd be better off converting them to Android.. :/
ace
VIP
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by ace »

just eat the apple be healthy and play AT on android, problem solved. :D.
the secrets of shadow and light
be happy :lol:
https://facebook.com/andorstrail