v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Andor's Trail Directory (fan page)

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Duke
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Re: Page Andor's Trail Directory is complete

Post by Duke »

rijackson741 wrote:RoL and ShaF add 5 HP to you health when equipped, but this is not shown in your equipment table.
shadowing lowers hp by 20.
Lvl78 XP9403007 Gold 248643 AP3 HP139 AC350 AD42-59 BC97 DR1
SP:D MC3 BC CS2 QL4 IF MF EB DW2
Rols1Rol2Elyr1Char1Golf1Shaf0Srov1Vsh1
Ozzy
lvl:47 HP114 AC254 AD27-37 BC112
SP:WA HH CS(2) CL CE IF(2) Reg
Rols1Rol0ElyR0Char2Shaf1Golf1Srov1Vsh1
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

You are right. I'm not sure why I assumed it added 5 HP.

That's really a cursed weapon! The negative actor condition is bad enough, but -20 HP as well! Imagine dual wielding two of them :lol:
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Duke
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Duke »

Yeah, it is terrible. But, I like your idea of dual wielding....talk about a challenge. :twisted:
Lvl78 XP9403007 Gold 248643 AP3 HP139 AC350 AD42-59 BC97 DR1
SP:D MC3 BC CS2 QL4 IF MF EB DW2
Rols1Rol2Elyr1Char1Golf1Shaf0Srov1Vsh1
Ozzy
lvl:47 HP114 AC254 AD27-37 BC112
SP:WA HH CS(2) CL CE IF(2) Reg
Rols1Rol0ElyR0Char2Shaf1Golf1Srov1Vsh1
Flaming
android_version: 8.0

Post by Flaming »

I have one problem. The item list has a flaw.

When you look at an item that you buy from a npc it says drop chance 100% instead of buyable or something. I would have thought that the detail would leave some players confused.

Only flaw though. Fantastic directory! :D
RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0, SRoV: 0, VSH: 0, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
Richard Faila
VIP
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by Richard Faila »

Flaming wrote:I have one problem. The item list has a flaw.

When you look at an item that you buy from a npc it says drop chance 100% instead of buyable or something. I would have thought that the detail would leave some players confused.

Only flaw though. Fantastic directory! :D
Interesting.

Little info first. Buy / sell mechanism in AT is based on droplists. It is list of items, witch can be signed to every creature and if the creature (NPC, human, insect, boss whatever) dyed, droplist is used to calculate the drop (chance in every item). In case that in conversation you trigger "shop" option, droplist is used to tell witch items is there to buy and how many of them current merchant have. I don't know if chance in droplist (or you can say shoplist) work. Like if you can meet merchant witch have some equipment only some time. I looked in source code, but i really cannot figured it out, but i thing is possible.

By definition, there are no NPC in AT ... or you can say there are only NPC in AT. You cannot tell if the creature is merchant, enemy (you can fight with it) or you can just speak with them. It is entirely possible to meet a character, you can talk, fight and trade with. If you kill him, it will have same amount of items you see in "shop mode".

I can use the same mechanic that I use for decision if the character belong to "monster" or "npc" and then if there are chance 100% I can put "buyable" string instead. But for reason I write above (merchant you can fight with and conditional items in merchant) I really don't thing it is such a wise idea. I am pretty sure that these thing are not in game now, but in future who knows?

But if you can persuade me, I can change my mind.
I created Andor's Trail Directory at http://andorstrail.irkalla.cz/ fan page about AT.
Richard Faila
VIP

Post by Richard Faila »

Hi

Right now I am working on new system for my AT page (preparing for new version :D) and I would like to ask for your help.

As you might know, I try to create my page entirely from game source files. But there is one thing, that I need and that it is not in game anywhere. It is maps name. In source files, there are only ID like 'pwcave0'. There are not any official naming, so same part of world has many name in community (Green Maze, Lodar Maze, ect).

So I you like to ask YOU to make same decisions. Here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing is file with every map that contain ID, name and help link (so you can see witch map it is). You can edit it as you like and help me to make the page better.

Of course not every map need unique name, 'wild0' and 'wild1' are both Wild. It is more about different places of world (Blackwater, caves etc.) witch each should have same kind of name.

Thanks a lot.
I created Andor's Trail Directory at http://andorstrail.irkalla.cz/ fan page about AT.
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Re: Page Andor's Trail Directory (fan page)

Post by Zukero »

This is an interesting effort.
I believe that most of these could end up being labels on the world map, like we have for town names.
BWM, the maze and the duleian road come to mind.
We could even have a property in the tmx files to assign an "area name" to the map, and leave the wilderness/connector areas out eventually.
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
Richard Faila
VIP

Re: Page Andor's Trail Directory (fan page)

Post by Richard Faila »

Zukero wrote:This is an interesting effort.
I believe that most of these could end up being labels on the world map, like we have for town names.
BWM, the maze and the duleian road come to mind.
We could even have a property in the tmx files to assign an "area name" to the map, and leave the wilderness/connector areas out eventually.
If the names will be in map files it will make whole thing much easier (at least for me :D). It is more question for devs and it will take same time to implemet.

Right now I am looking for some aproval from dev or consensus from community, that name I am using are correct.

If lot of people edit my table for some time, then I belive it will plus minus right.

So if you have any idea, please be free to edit.
ace
VIP
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Re: Andor's Trail Directory (fan page)

Post by ace »

its great and very useful but theres an appartion ghost in your list of merchat NPCs. ( who would like to buy something from a ghost).
the secrets of shadow and light
be happy :lol:
https://facebook.com/andorstrail
Richard Faila
VIP

Re: Andor's Trail Directory (fan page)

Post by Richard Faila »

ace wrote:its great and very useful but theres an appartion ghost in your list of merchat NPCs. ( who would like to buy something from a ghost).
Appartion is one of example of how npc in AT works. There are no monsters and and mechant, just npc. It is entirely possible to meet guy, have dialog with him, trade with him and on some conversation choice have fight with him and then loot some his items, with witch he was trading.

Both trade and loot share same game mechanics, witch are droplist. It is list of item with dropchance. If convversation come to trade, it is use for trading, if npc have no conversation or it come to fight during the dialog, it is used to detrment the loot, after the npc is death.

Appartion have coverstion during witch you can kill him, but he cannot kill you, because he has no attact chace.

I use the attact chance to divede the npc between the monster category (you can fight with them), mechrant (they cannot fight with you and the have droplist) and rest are normal npc (they cannot fight with you and the dont have droplist).

Appartion is strange moster, cos he cannot fight with you, but he has droplist, so my page thing he is a merchant.