Beginning levels that need quests?

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.

What levels need more quests to avoid grinding?

1-5
3
7%
6-10
21
46%
11-15
13
28%
16-20
9
20%
 
Total votes: 46

User avatar
Tristan
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:53 pm
android_version: 6.0

Re: Beginning levels that need quests?

Post by Tristan » Thu May 15, 2014 2:42 am

What threw me in the early stages was the transition between having so much to do (questing) and then suddenly nothing to do (grinding). It was less about the total number of quests available than it was about the quests occurring in clusters, with long gaps between clusters. Spacing out the quests, in addition to increasing the number of quests, might prove conducive to engaging new players.
Lvl: 365, XP: 888432558, Gold: 10092463
RoLS: 4, ElyR: 6, RoL: 4, ChaR: 40, GoLF: 40, ShaF: 40, SRoV: 26, VSH: 23, WMC: 40, GoW: 31
HP: 4542, AC: 607%, AD: 172-188, AP: 5, BC: 453%

User avatar
Flaming
Posts: 214
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:35 pm
android_version: 4.4
Location: Ontario, Canada.

Re: Beginning levels that need quests?

Post by Flaming » Thu May 15, 2014 7:31 pm

Tristan wrote:What threw me in the early stages was the transition between having so much to do (questing) and then suddenly nothing to do (grinding). It was less about the total number of quests available than it was about the quests occurring in clusters, with long gaps between clusters. Spacing out the quests, in addition to increasing the number of quests, might prove conducive to engaging new players.
Well said.

New RPG players want quests, that's what a RPG is about.
Mikey
Level 48, 1975099 XP, 22923 Gold
AP 12/3, HP 117, AC 219%, AD 23-35+8, BC 154%/8
ME 1, BS 2, CS 2, IF 3 WP:1S 1, AP:L 1, FS:WS 2, S:WS 1, Unspent 1

May the Sonic th... Erm Shadow embrace you...

batbace
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:24 pm
android_version: 4.4

Re: Beginning levels that need quests?

Post by batbace » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:17 pm

has anyone ever ran over to loneford and completed that quest for the free 15000 exp? if you start a new guy and run over there it'd kick you up to lvl 9 before you even kill your first rat. as far as early quests are, i'd maybe put a couple more in fallhaven. as that's such a huge place you have a lot of npc's just walking around. maybe set up a quest with the guard captain to clear out the snake caves or the wolf pit. i'd like to see something done with the house on your way from fallhaven to foaming flask tavern, that has just one ghost in it. make that into a quest or put some hidden tunnels in there for "fast traveling".
batbace
lvl:35 hp:111 ac:263% ad:20-31
cm:2.5 ecc:22% bc:49% dr:2
build: dual-wield/crit

User avatar
Voom
Posts: 462
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:24 pm
android_version: 4.4
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL

Re: Beginning levels that need quests?

Post by Voom » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:27 pm

batbace wrote:has anyone ever ran over to loneford and completed that quest for the free 15000 exp? if you start a new guy and run over there it'd kick you up to lvl 9 before you even kill your first rat. as far as early quests are, i'd maybe put a couple more in fallhaven. as that's such a huge place you have a lot of npc's just walking around. maybe set up a quest with the guard captain to clear out the snake caves or the wolf pit. i'd like to see something done with the house on your way from fallhaven to foaming flask tavern, that has just one ghost in it. make that into a quest or put some hidden tunnels in there for "fast traveling".
I personally never choose the shadow, so to get that 15k experience I would need to defeat Bucuth. Not easy.

I don't mind the speed at which my Voomster gains experience and, therefore, levels. I grind in the beginning levels so that I can get my Sharp Steel Dagger, Hardened Shirt, and 2 Polished Rings of Backstabbing (for when I get Flagstone's Pride). Puppy harvest, you know? I grind for gold, not for exp.
Voomster Lvl 23 |HP 52 |AC 173% |AD 17-52 |ECC 20% |CM 3.0 |BC 61% |DR 2 Build 2/3221/0

Voomboy Retired at 41 and is reading The Fey of Feygard
Voom Retired at 46 and took up translating

batbace
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:24 pm
android_version: 4.4

Re: Beginning levels that need quests?

Post by batbace » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:06 am

Voom wrote:
batbace wrote:has anyone ever ran over to loneford and completed that quest for the free 15000 exp? if you start a new guy and run over there it'd kick you up to lvl 9 before you even kill your first rat. as far as early quests are, i'd maybe put a couple more in fallhaven. as that's such a huge place you have a lot of npc's just walking around. maybe set up a quest with the guard captain to clear out the snake caves or the wolf pit. i'd like to see something done with the house on your way from fallhaven to foaming flask tavern, that has just one ghost in it. make that into a quest or put some hidden tunnels in there for "fast traveling".
I personally never choose the shadow, so to get that 15k experience I would need to defeat Bucuth. Not easy.

I don't mind the speed at which my Voomster gains experience and, therefore, levels. I grind in the beginning levels so that I can get my Sharp Steel Dagger, Hardened Shirt, and 2 Polished Rings of Backstabbing (for when I get Flagstone's Pride). Puppy harvest, you know? I grind for gold, not for exp.
:D im just using it for quick low level build options. as a quick lvl 9 means two skill points and a bunch of stat points. (as in one of the 4 options per lvl) I personally don't have the time to mess with the game files so I don't have to wait 4 lvls for a skill point. :P its kinda hard to plan ahead when im not sure what all the items are and all the recent lists ive seen don't have all the items. so far it seems that a burst dps, tank Is the best build for general play. but when out numbered by hard hitting types goes down fast. it does seem that flagstone's pride is the best sword for all intents and purposes.
batbace
lvl:35 hp:111 ac:263% ad:20-31
cm:2.5 ecc:22% bc:49% dr:2
build: dual-wield/crit

User avatar
Voom
Posts: 462
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:24 pm
android_version: 4.4
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL

Re: Beginning levels that need quests?

Post by Voom » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:32 am

Have you been to the AT Directory? It's a spoiler if you haven't played the full game through. It has all the weapons there for comparison. Builds do not generally take form in beginning levels (lvls 1-15). If you want to discuss builds, I will be happy to in another thread. Let's keep on topic.
Voomster Lvl 23 |HP 52 |AC 173% |AD 17-52 |ECC 20% |CM 3.0 |BC 61% |DR 2 Build 2/3221/0

Voomboy Retired at 41 and is reading The Fey of Feygard
Voom Retired at 46 and took up translating

Camrad_RiP
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:29 am
android_version: 5.1

Re: Beginning levels that need quests?

Post by Camrad_RiP » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:59 pm

Why hoteliers do not ask about the meat?

Like, Bring X meat and get x/y cooked meat or exp. on high levels it could be more exotic meat.

treehugger_38930
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:54 am
android_version: 4.4

Re: Beginning levels that need quests?

Post by treehugger_38930 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:19 am

what would the quickest way to run through Loneford quest. I seem to talk in circles in Loneford. Talk to whom first?

Firefly84
Posts: 123
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:23 am
android_version: 4.4
Location: Germany

Re: Beginning levels that need quests?

Post by Firefly84 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:02 pm

Just speak to everyone in Loneford and Crossroad tower (I think the Commander and Miranda on top of the tower) about Loneford until someone mentions a drunk in the pub of Loneford. Can't tell you who else in Loneford because I started a new game on a new smartphone. But there are more topics about this quest.
Firefly
Lvl: 109, XP: 23683768, Gold: 277300, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 2, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 4, SRoV: 6, VSH: 2, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 468, AC: 272%, AD: 86-102, AP: 4, ECC:20, CM: -, BC: 126%, DR: 2

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests