Playing Andor's Trail in Chrome

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Melarec
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Re: Playing Andor's Trail in Chrome

Post by Melarec »

Could use shift and ctrl + wsad to go diagonal.. Hold shift then a to move diagonally up and ctrl + a to go diagonally down..

Maybe it wouldn't work, but it seems plausible..
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

Zukero wrote:- Numpad would be great for a 9-key-square, but most laptops lack them.
Every laptop that I have worked on that does not have an actual numpad has had one that can be toggled on/off using Fn + one of the function keys.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
mathuaerknedam

Post by mathuaerknedam »

Zukero wrote: Well done. You beat me to it, couldn't find the time to try ARCWelder. Thanks for trying and reporting.
Thanks! And you're welcome! :D
Zukero wrote: Do you know where the AT saves are in such a setup ? This plus a synchronization using some cloud-storage service could help you play AT on all your devices as if you were always on the same one.
When I first tried it, under Archon, it was writing files into the Chrome cache store. The files were NOT interchangeable with my save files on Android. Cloud storage would rock, if it's possible. I'll have to try under ArcWelder and see if the save files are different.
Zukero wrote: I checked in the code, and indeed, you only have the usual "WSAD" for movement. You can use the virtual DPad + mouse to get diagonal movement, but I would find it a bit clumsy myself....
I would consider making diagonal movement available from keyboard, but it raises a few questions:
- Numpad would be great for a 9-key-square, but most laptops lack them.
- Extending WSAD to use Q E Z and C for diagonals could work, but in this case, X seem like a more natural choce for "down" than S. Or maybe both ?
- It's a pain with international keyboards....
Personally, I'd want to use the numpad. I've never really been much of a gamer (not since the '80s), so WASD and other alphanumeric directionals are completely foreign to me. I don't have any muscle-memory for the numpad, but it at least makes sense. I could imagine something like wasd +iokl being handy. Since I'm only likely to need diagonal when I'm trying to quickly dodge mobs, it might help to have a layout that minimized finger travel, though I'm not sure I'm coordinated enough to use both hands simultaneously. :)

My laptop lacks a numpad, and has no way to simulate one, but I'd rather have a solid setup on my full keyboard than something that's awkward everywhere. Would it be a pain for the game to include user-selectable options? Can the system language be read? if so, maybe users can contribute the preferred layout for their keyboard and it could be auto-selected (with an option to override to English-layout).

Any chance we could get gamepad support? I don't have one, but my brother wasn't able to get his working.
mathuaerknedam

Post by mathuaerknedam »

mathuaerknedam wrote: When I first tried it, under Archon, it was writing files into the Chrome cache store. The files were NOT interchangeable with my save files on Android. Cloud storage would rock, if it's possible. I'll have to try under ArcWelder and see if the save files are different.
I started a game on Android, and one on Chrome, keeping everything the same. I was able to move the game from Chrome to Android, but I wasn't able to simply move the game from Android to Chrome. For the latter, I tried giving it the next sequential, but it wasn't found when I tried to load it in AT. However, I could take the Android file and overwrite an existing AT/Chrome file, and that worked aside from the fact that the description in the load screen was for the servile that was overwritten.

I've attached the two save files. I can tell the strings are identical, but the files aren't. I didn't care enough to open it in a hex editor. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.