v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Returning to AT with a different attitude.

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
MaxDamage
android_version: 2.0

Returning to AT with a different attitude.

Post by MaxDamage »

Sup Trailers, lost my old phone, so started again from scratch - which has been surprisingly fun :)

First off I remade Max Damage, and went the twohander route. He started off a good kid, but was corrupted by the promises of power. He got Dark Protector and Xul'viir and it twisted his mind.

The changes I made this time were to forget about skills like Increased Fortitude and Regeneration and Corpse Eater.
To bump up health I just spent a few levels ups, and it doesnt really effect my hit rate or damage in the long run, letting me use the other skills to pump up his fighting prowess.

Max is lvl 45, where i'm going to leave him till the next major update.

skills: 2handed prof/3, light armor prof/1, fightingstyle-2handed/2, specialization-2handed/1, more crit/2, better crit/2, combatspeed/2

This is alot of fun. His ac is 257, ad 28-52, crithit 40, critmult x3, critchance 23% (can be higher with other items worn)

He smashes things and it is good :)

BUT THEN I NEEDED A NEW GUY TO PLAY.

I tried making a tank, putting lvls into bc and skills into barkskin. I ended up with a guy that could negate alot of damage but couldnt dish it out. So I killed him off and started again, this time with a plan.

Meet Tankatronic9000. A very fun guy, Max is all for the Shadow and personal gain - but Tankatronic9000 is a Feygard Champion.
Instead of wasting my lvls into block, i used them for attack damage, attack chance and some health.

I used my skills to do this:
Dodge/4
Evasion/2
Taunt/1

Then I picked up:
Heavy armour/4
onehanded sword/1

I will then max out sword and shieldstyle and specialization, then prob max out one handed.
I haven't even used skill points on Combat Speed for Tankatronic9000, with a certain amulet i get 3 attacked with my steel sword and that seems to be enough to get the job done :)

Tankatronic9000 is lvl40 now and hasn't drunk a single bonemeal potion (although he has used 398 regular potions :p ), he rarely gets hit! and can actually dish out damage!

ac 216, ad 21-33, bc 157
20% chance fear and dazed :)

So what I have learnt from starting again is I find Taunt to be a very handy skill, and that i can completely do away with the fortitude/regen/combat speed/corpse eating skills and survive just fine without them :)

Peace out Trailers, I'm off to make a Dual Wielder now by the name of Critical Overload :)
houseseaborgium424
android_version: 4.3

Re: Returning to AT with a different attitude.

Post by houseseaborgium424 »

Nice :D any update on this?