v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

sword and shield improvements

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Playerthree
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

sword and shield improvements

Post by Playerthree »

Hello again!
been playing awhile and this is my second post!

Some thoughts on improvements for sword and board bonuses to balance out the combat styles a bit more evenly

IMHO the dual wielding style/spec is the only properly viable build style as of V0.7.1 some thoughts to make the weapon and shield style comparable

1:instead of having the +25% of weapon and shield base AC and BC per level of style its should just be a flat +5% AC and BC with an increased damage of 2-3 points to make it closer to par with the damage potential of dual wielding but with the slight trade off from damage for block chance while eliminating the pesky rounding issue.

2: Instead of the +50% AC and 20% AD based off of weapon stats for the specialization skill, the change I propose would to make it +4 damage with +10% BC and +5 crit skill while again eliminating the rounding issue

AND
3:the trainer from charwood mine one handed skill and dagger skills should be switched to +10% AC +5% BC +2 AD and +5 crit skill(again eliminating rounding issues)
I like the dual wielding option the best for now but I think it could use a little tweaking away from percentages based off of weapon stats to flat bonuses but that is for another post :)
Lunaticbpsf
android_version: 3.0

Re: sword and shield improvements

Post by Lunaticbpsf »

As written in the Two-Handed suggestion:
The bonuses should not be fixed as the weapons are being revised.
Furthermore, fixed bonuses will prove to have little to no significance in higher levels.
I would however support a "buff" in the bonuses given :-)
Ethyr
Lvl 90, XP 13574803, Gold 271808, HP 337, AC 289%, AD 49-60, AP 4/12, ECC -, CM -, BC 151%, DR 4
On Hit 0-3 HP, On Kill 3 HP, Shadow Regen.

RoLS 2, ElyR 1, RoL 2, ChaR 1, GoLF 1, ShaF 1, SRoV 1, VSH 1, WMC 1, GoW 3

CS 2, QL 10, IF 6, MF 2, DBotS 1, OSP 1, SP 1, LAP 1
Unused 2