Has there been any major content updates in the last year?

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
luke
android_version: 4.2

Has there been any major content updates in the last year?

Post by luke »

I like this game, but nothing is going on with it.

Are there any good forks?
Firefly84
android_version: 8.0

Re: Has there been any major content updates in the last year?

Post by Firefly84 »

They are working on it. Read the posts of the last project meeting to get up to date.
Firefly
Lvl: 114, PV: 497, FQ: 63
RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 2, HoF: 0, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 4, SRoV: 6, VSH: 3, WMC: 1, GoW: 1, BD: 1
DP: 0, X: 0, M: 1, BoGt: 1, SotA: 0, RofLS: 1
HP: 505, AC: 262, AD: 89-105, AP: 4 each, ECC: 12, CM: -, BC: 156, DR: 4
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Post by Zukero »

Things are going on, but behind the scenes for now. (Actually, everyone "can" go behind the scene, just check my github account).
Sorry it takes us so long to push something on Google Play though.

As for the forks, there are some, but most fall under one of these two categories:
- Rip Offs which only add ads, and potentially spyware/malware. We try to shut them out of Google Play as fast as possible.
- Local experiments, where people mess around with the code, for various reasons (showcase another tech, change the hero icon, get 100% chance to drop leg/ex items...)

There was a guy once, who said he made some new content, but in Russian only, but didn't give a link to his sources, so I couldn't get it merged with the mainline content.

I don't know of any other.
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
berrybush
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by berrybush »

Im interested in this aswell. So no new quests?
:ugeek: May the Shadow be with you
randerthall
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by randerthall »

so i guess v7.1 is the last update?
Level 108*
HP:169 AC:348% AD:63-78 CHS:-24 DR:1 BC:208%
WA2 HH2 DO2 MC6 CS2 IF1 MF2 1HSPro1 L.ArmPro3 FS:DW2 S:DW1 CL2 EV3

UPDATED: 02/01/2014

*Blackwater Gear with ROL, 2 ROLS, E. Combat Boots & Gloves
Voom
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Voom »

randerthall wrote:so i guess v7.1 is the last update?
Yes, there are going to be updates. All I read on this forum in the couple of years I've played AT is how the game will updated. As I know, there will be major additions (even in things like combat mechanics i think) that already have been completed/implemented and continue to be worked on. All the developers want from the rest of us is to be patient.. and if you can't be than I suggest that you become a developer yourself. There are map-making guides, quest guides, story-lines to be created, and if you know a little of coding I'm sure somebody would be glad to show you what to do. Like Zukero said, you should check out Zukero's AT Github website.

A major update will take time. I am eager as well, but there are ways to speed it along.
Voom
twirlimp
VIP
android_version: 4.3

Post by twirlimp »

Voom wrote:
randerthall wrote:so i guess v7.1 is the last update?
Yes, there are going to be updates. All I read on this forum in the couple of years I've played AT is how the game will updated. As I know, there will be major additions (even in things like combat mechanics i think) that already have been completed/implemented and continue to be worked on. All the developers want from the rest of us is to be patient.. and if you can't be than I suggest that you become a developer yourself. There are map-making guides, quest guides, story-lines to be created, and if you know a little of coding I'm sure somebody would be glad to show you what to do. Like Zukero said, you should check out Zukero's AT Github website.

A major update will take time. I am eager as well, but there are ways to speed it along.
I dug into the code this morning (for the first time), and so far I've enhanced the monster AI a bit.

For example, if you attack a non-aggressive monster and then try to flee, it will follow you.

Monsters will also flee when their health reaches a certain percentage,
and I added an option for them to flee when attacked (if they're inherently cowards).

I also added support for ranged attacks,
and the option for some monsters to be extra-afraid from ranged attacks and flee as if they were cowards.

The monster AI should be ready for going mainstream (after I add the coward/brave properties to the monster data),
but the ranged attacks are going to stay as developer-debug options for a while.

I'll need to add several things before its ready,
which include saving the ranged stats as they're currently hard-coded.
For game-balance, I'm thinking of making ammo necessary and rare.
Possibly an adjustable range, with increased ranges having lower accuracy chances.

Since the range-selection mechanism is functional,
I think it should be much easier now for someone to add spells to the game.
(I can't do them atm because I haven't read the animation code yet)

Everything is being committed to my Github fork,
and I won't push anything this major to the master unless I get an Okay.
ideas plox
Voom
VIP

Post by Voom »

twirlimp wrote: I dug into the code this morning (for the first time), and so far I've enhanced the monster AI a bit.

For example, if you attack a non-aggressive monster and then try to flee, it will follow you.

Monsters will also flee when their health reaches a certain percentage,
and I added an option for them to flee when attacked (if they're inherently cowards).

I also added support for ranged attacks,
and the option for some monsters to be extra-afraid from ranged attacks and flee as if they were cowards.

The monster AI should be ready for going mainstream (after I add the coward/brave properties to the monster data),
but the ranged attacks are going to stay as developer-debug options for a while.

I'll need to add several things before its ready,
which include saving the ranged stats as they're currently hard-coded.
For game-balance, I'm thinking of making ammo necessary and rare.
Possibly an adjustable range, with increased ranges having lower accuracy chances.

Since the range-selection mechanism is functional,
I think it should be much easier now for someone to add spells to the game.
(I can't do them atm because I haven't read the animation code yet)

Everything is being committed to my Github fork,
and I won't push anything this major to the master unless I get an Okay.
That's interesting. Is it ok to name you a coder? If so, what you have wrote should be somewhere more important on the forum because it is more than just general discussion. It would certainly receive more attention in "Ideas In Motion" or "Misc Ideas." You could also private message one of the more active members of the forum, they are into coding as well.

I like what you are changing but I'm not sure the option for a monster the chance to flee is a good idea, but that's my opinion. It sounds a lot like Pokemon, its not bad, but I'm sure others have opinions too. Ammo idea is great one. Range and accuracy idea is good too.
Voom
twirlimp
VIP
android_version: 4.3

Post by twirlimp »

Voom wrote:
That's interesting. Is it ok to name you a coder? If so, what you have wrote should be somewhere more important on the forum because it is more than just general discussion. It would certainly receive more attention in "Ideas In Motion" or "Misc Ideas." You could also private message one of the more active members of the forum, they are into coding as well.

I like what you are changing but I'm not sure the option for a monster the chance to flee is a good idea, but that's my opinion. It sounds a lot like Pokemon, its not bad, but I'm sure others have opinions too. Ammo idea is great one. Range and accuracy idea is good too.
Well the "flee" option is disabled by default and has to be set for each monster (e.g. bees, slime, etc...)
so it's mostly something for future content-creators to use for fun scenarios.

I was also thinking of weak monsters sensing the power of player and fleeing directly at the beginning of combat.

As for monsters following players, I think this will have to be enabled by default.
It makes a lot of sense for passive mobs to become angry when attacked.

The ranged-attacks need a bit more work than monsters because I haven't yet read enough to understand how the listener-signal system handles clicking.

I'll create a thread in the Development section after I clean a few things,
but my code is already available on github.
ideas plox
Voom
VIP

Post by Voom »

twirlimp wrote: I'll create a thread in the Development section after I clean a few things,
but my code is already available on github.
That's great. I'll check it out, but I'm honestly not a proficient coder. Keep it up. :)
Voom