v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Choice defining outcome?

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
burleigh2
android_version: 2.0

Choice defining outcome?

Post by burleigh2 »

Do choices you make in the game impact the outcome?

Also, while I'm asking, is there anywhere that lists recommended levels to start certain quests? I've been playing for a week or two and I had a hard time with one quest while a couple others that I inadvertently bypassed are a breeze. The down side of non-linear gameplay, I suppose, but I have no idea where to go next on some of these. :-s
Voom
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Re: Choice defining outcome?

Post by Voom »

Well, the way I figured out where to go was mostly through exploring every possible area. If you need help on a particular quest, there is plenty of that on the forum and here -> http://andorstrail.irkalla.cz/0.7.0/itemlist.php. IT'S A HUGE SPOILER!!! Don't look at it if you care for an adventure.

As for an order to the quests based on difficulty and location, idk. Never saw one. I never needed it, but I think it is not as hard as you think it is find your way around. Just talk to everyone and explore everything. :)

It would be good if there was, I guess.
Voom
burleigh2
android_version: 2.0

Post by burleigh2 »

That's what I've been doing, too. I've found help on a quest or two online as I've gotten "stuck" (mostly when I've forgotten where the originator of the quest was that I had to return to), but I wasn't sure if there was a list as I have a quest activated that I know is way beyond my level and I initiated a couple quests that are well below my level that are listed on my quest page above the quest beyond my level (so they are placed in order of level they were expected to be played at, it seems).

So on to my first question... do the choices you make in the game impact the outcome of it? Right now, I'm doing the Blackwater Mountain quests (Agent and the Beast/Clouded Intent) and I initially thought I was supposed to help the two towns resolve their conflict, but it looks like I have to choose a side... does the side you choose impact the way the game plays or is it just the particular items/xp that you get?
I could also give the example of how you answer people, who you help or don't help, etc... does doing bad things send you down a "bad path" storyline or is every quest in different towns the same regardless of the choices you make?
Firefly84
android_version: 8.0

Post by Firefly84 »

Well, when you kill the sheep before you do the quest for the shepherd this quest is lost (just as a example).
I remember a total of 5 quest with side choosing:
The night visiting quest in Fallhaven: When telling the guard of the planned breakout, you have access to the bed at crossroad tower and different dialouges from the guards. The guard at the foaming flask even invites you to visit the barracks in Feygard. I havn't found any changes in the game when choosing to free the thief so far.
Flowing in the vein in Loneford: For now defeating the priest is better because you can't reach Nor City yet. Perhaps an option to capture him make a change to end the quest?
The Varcor quest affects the delievery quest in Remgard.
Siding with Blackwater has the better shops.
And of course helping A. with the 5 idols quest. Marrowtaint or some better equipment (only the shield is really mentionable).

Perhaps the game devs have some news to this theme.
Firefly
Lvl: 114, PV: 497, FQ: 63
RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 2, HoF: 0, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 4, SRoV: 6, VSH: 3, WMC: 1, GoW: 1, BD: 1
DP: 0, X: 0, M: 1, BoGt: 1, SotA: 0, RofLS: 1
HP: 505, AC: 262, AD: 89-105, AP: 4 each, ECC: 12, CM: -, BC: 156, DR: 4
Rocco Dizael
android_version: 5.0

Post by Rocco Dizael »

I didn't kill the priest :(
And I gave the bad swords to them so now I can't trade with a certain someone :(
Firefly84
android_version: 8.0

Post by Firefly84 »

the swords don't affect the shops.
To trade with Mirrana in Crossroad Tower you have to do another quest.
Ask her about suspicious men on Duleian Road.
Firefly
Lvl: 114, PV: 497, FQ: 63
RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 2, HoF: 0, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 4, SRoV: 6, VSH: 3, WMC: 1, GoW: 1, BD: 1
DP: 0, X: 0, M: 1, BoGt: 1, SotA: 0, RofLS: 1
HP: 505, AC: 262, AD: 89-105, AP: 4 each, ECC: 12, CM: -, BC: 156, DR: 4
nyxkitty
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by nyxkitty »

Yeah, the problem with Mirrana is if you don't talk to her about Loneford first, you won't be able to complete the Loneford quest until you defeat the River Troll on the bridge to the west, and the troll is strong as heck.

It's a pity there's no real way to bring peace between BWM and Prim.

That's what I like about Andor's Trail, your decisions actually affect your progress, so you're not just running through the game having fun without any downsides to doing whatever you choose to do.
Sithkitty | Lvl 13 | HP 39 | AC 150% | AD 14 - 20 | ECC 0% | CM 0 | BC 16% | DR 2 | 1891G | Item Stockpiler.
Rocco Dizael

Post by Rocco Dizael »

I meant that guy on dulains road (name of the road?)
He says that it's the property of Feygard and I should go away.
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

Do you still have the swords? If not, who did you deliver them to?
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Rocco Dizael

Post by Rocco Dizael »

I gave them to rhe swordsmith south of that tavern and gave then the degraded swords to the npc in the tavern.

If I didn't give them to the swordsmith to degrade them first I could have traded with the other npc at the road.

I don't remember the names of the npc's. Hope you understand my rambling anyway hehe