v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Sneak attack Hira'zinn

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Voom
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Sneak attack Hira'zinn

Post by Voom »

Hey guys,

Is it possible to complete all the quests before lvl 30 even if one dumps experience purposely by dying? Never tried it but it is probably impossible. If not, what would I need to do in terms of a build? Maybe something like high AC and AD, no BC, and all skill points on WA, HH, and IF (a total of 6 skill points).

I was able to defeat Hira'zinn by lvl 46 & 41, as signature says, both times with a DotSP. When was the earliest anyone has done so too?
Voom
nyxkitty
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Re: Sneak attack Hira'zinn

Post by nyxkitty »

I'm gonna try that. I just regen'd and used meat to defeat the Hira'zinn and I'm pretty sure I was below level 40. The ghosts were tough, but I just constantly hit and run individuals.

(Factory reset, forgot to back up my save -.- I'm lvl 5 now)
Sithkitty | Lvl 13 | HP 39 | AC 150% | AD 14 - 20 | ECC 0% | CM 0 | BC 16% | DR 2 | 1891G | Item Stockpiler.
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Post by Zukero »

Some players completed the level one challenge: complete all there is without levelling up ever, so I'd say the lowest level is one.
Hit and run and save and load are used ad nauseam in this case though.
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
Voom
VIP

Post by Voom »

Sorry to hear that nyxkitty. Look at the bright side, replaying will always teach you new tips and tricks! :D

I always save before a considerably strong foe and load if I die, but I have never hit/run. Maybe that should be a rule. BWM teaches a player early on not to hit/run unless you have something like QSD. To defeat Hira'zinn by lvl one you would need at least 22 AD from equipment alone and there are few weapons that will allow that.

So, in this regard, is it possible to complete all the quests before lvl 30 even if one dumps experience purposely by dying and does not use hit/run tactics?
Voom
nyxkitty

Post by nyxkitty »

Possibly, but you'd need to build a nuke. Items with DR are your best friends early on. The problem is, you need a *lot* of money to build a nuke before it's ready.

Sure you could edit yourself one/stack Shadow Regen but what's the fun in that?
Sithkitty | Lvl 13 | HP 39 | AC 150% | AD 14 - 20 | ECC 0% | CM 0 | BC 16% | DR 2 | 1891G | Item Stockpiler.
Nick
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Nick »

You don't need to dump exp since gaining exp doesn't automatically make you level up.

The lowest level I've killed the Hira'zinn is level 38.
Voom
VIP

Post by Voom »

Nick wrote:You don't need to dump exp since gaining exp doesn't automatically make you level up.

The lowest level I've killed the Hira'zinn is level 38.
That's true, it does defeat the purpose of saying that. Lvl 38 is pretty good, I'm going to shoot for Lvl 30 using no hit/run tactics. Basically, I will use the following build:

Skullchrusher
Serpent's Hauberk
Dark Protector
Troublemaker's Gloves
Vacor's Boots of Attack
Marrowtaint
2 Polished Rings of Backstabbing (eventually 2 RoLS)

My primary focus is to achieve the highest possible combination of AC and DR while using the Skullcrusher. Any suggestions to make this build better?
Voom
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

If you are up against crit immune monsters (which includes the Hira'zinn) the Villain's Ring is better than the Polished Ring of Backstabbing
PRoB: AC 21%, AD 4, CS 7
VR: AC 25%, AD 3-6, HP 4.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Voom
VIP

Post by Voom »

rijackson741 wrote:If you are up against crit immune monsters (which includes the Hira'zinn) the Villain's Ring is better than the Polished Ring of Backstabbing
PRoB: AC 21%, AD 4, CS 7
VR: AC 25%, AD 3-6, HP 4.
Great, I would use 2 VR and 2 PRoB interchangeably. I'm striving to get 2 RoLS, even if show rgn is not stackable.
Voom
nyxkitty

Post by nyxkitty »

I'd go with the Villains Ring, boots from Remgard for DR, Marrowtaint. You want to max your DR as well so at least you don't lose as much HP, but Quickstrike Dagger would also be good, as that provides five hits in a row without the Combat Speed skill.