Hi guys! New here and looking for advice.

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
CrazyDamon
android_version: 5.1 - Lolipop

Hi guys! New here and looking for advice.

Post by CrazyDamon »

Downloaded this game a few days ago and already hooked, fun game

Looking for any kind of advice:

Currently level 13 and heading to Vilegard.

Been doing snake cave for cash and finally got the Quickstrike dagger/Troublemakers gloves but I seen the gear at the Crossroads is fairly expensive so was wondering if theres any better places to grind for cash? Or too early in the game?

Also interested on where my skill points should go? So far I got 1 into Increased Fortitude,Regeneration, and Quick Learner.

Stat wise, with the Dagger should I focus on accuracy or damage?

Thanks for any and all replies!

EDIT: Just purchased Villains Leather Armor
Firefly84
android_version: 8.0

Re: Hi guys! New here and looking for advice.

Post by Firefly84 »

Use Skillpoints for Combat Speed x2 and purchase the Fallhaven Jewel. Focus more on accuracy but don't forget to set some points to block chance.
When bored of the snakes and having defeated the snake master, try to do the Fallhaven quests and the wolve cave south of Fallhaven.
Or go to the gargoyle cave and start grinding for the RolS. But first earn the trust of the village of Vileguard and rent the room in the Foaming Flask.
The shops at Crossguard are better for later when having more money and the quest for a stronger character.
Firefly
Lvl: 114, PV: 497, FQ: 63
RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 2, HoF: 0, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 4, SRoV: 6, VSH: 3, WMC: 1, GoW: 1, BD: 1
DP: 0, X: 0, M: 1, BoGt: 1, SotA: 0, RofLS: 1
HP: 505, AC: 262, AD: 89-105, AP: 4 each, ECC: 12, CM: -, BC: 156, DR: 4
CrazyDamon

Post by CrazyDamon »

Firefly84 wrote:Use Skillpoints for Combat Speed x2 and purchase the Fallhaven Jewel. Focus more on accuracy but don't forget to set some points to block chance.
When bored of the snakes and having defeated the snake master, try to do the Fallhaven quests and the wolve cave south of Fallhaven.
Or go to the gargoyle cave and start grinding for the RolS. But first earn the trust of the village of Vileguard and rent the room in the Foaming Flask.
The shops at Crossguard are better for later when having more money and the quest for a stronger character.
Thank you! I'll wait on the rest of the Crossroads stuff then and aim for the JoF next and the trust of the villagers (Got 2 done, can't find the kid that went west.)

Will do with the block/accuracy but is the damage worth putting points into or does gear suffice for that later on?

Definitely will check out the gargoyle cave, don't mind grinding.
Firefly84

Post by Firefly84 »

The kid: Map west of Foaming Flask use the north way through the underground and speak to the man there.
Block chance means you will be hit less. Accuracy means you hit more often. Of course attack will increase the actual damage.
The math is: number of attacks per round x attack points = possible damage per round
i.e. Quick dagger: 4-6 attacks x normal attack points
Other daggers or one handed swords will become better later on, like 3-4 attacks x normal attack points + weapon bonus + 0-3 HP healed per hit.
Look for equipment that increases both AC and BC so you won't killed one hit from the snakes around Vileguard or the gargoyle trainers/masters.
Take enough normal healing potions with you and leave the cave before you run out. Bonemeal potions are getting usefuller when HP > 50.
Firefly
Lvl: 114, PV: 497, FQ: 63
RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 2, HoF: 0, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 4, SRoV: 6, VSH: 3, WMC: 1, GoW: 1, BD: 1
DP: 0, X: 0, M: 1, BoGt: 1, SotA: 0, RofLS: 1
HP: 505, AC: 262, AD: 89-105, AP: 4 each, ECC: 12, CM: -, BC: 156, DR: 4
CrazyDamon

Post by CrazyDamon »

Haha found the kid on my own, didn't notice the ladder before. Bought the jewel as well so gonna go quest some more.

I love Bonemeals, can't remember when I actually used potions. Thanks for all the advice though! Such an addicting game, even if some of the quests are a bit confusing. (Read Andors and Heartstone ones aren't finished yet?)
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

If you want to use the QS dagger you definitely need the JoF and both levels of CS. At the moment you get 3 attacks per round, or 1 attack per round and a chance to flee. With JoF that goes up to 5 attacks per round (a 67% increase in damage!) or 2 attacks per round and a chance to flee. With 1 level of CS it's the same, unless you have the Villain's leather armor, in which case you get 3 attacks per round and a chance to flee. With two levels of CS you get 6 attacks per round, or 3 attacks per round and a chance to flee, without the armor (so you can switch it for something better).

AD always matters. The total damage comes from the weapon, bonuses from other gear, and base damage. Of my total damage, 37 is from base damage (i.e. from points).

Add at least one more level of IF, as soon as you can. With two or more levels of IF your HP increase fast enough that you don't need to put any points into them.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
CrazyDamon

Post by CrazyDamon »

rijackson741 wrote:If you want to use the QS dagger you definitely need the JoF and both levels of CS. At the moment you get 3 attacks per round, or 1 attack per round and a chance to flee. With JoF that goes up to 5 attacks per round (a 67% increase in damage!) or 2 attacks per round and a chance to flee. With 1 level of CS it's the same, unless you have the Villain's leather armor, in which case you get 3 attacks per round and a chance to flee. With two levels of CS you get 6 attacks per round, or 3 attacks per round and a chance to flee, without the armor (so you can switch it for something better).

AD always matters. The total damage comes from the weapon, bonuses from other gear, and base damage. Of my total damage, 37 is from base damage (i.e. from points).

Add at least one more level of IF, as soon as you can. With two or more levels of IF your HP increase fast enough that you don't need to put any points into them.
Thank you! Yes I currently have QS dagger/JoF/Villain's armor and probably going to save up for more upgrades from Vilegard/Crossroad area and do plan on another point in IF, got 1 in Combat so far

Seem kinda lost atm, finished everything in Vilegard now besides finding Ogam.

Keep hearing about this gargoyle cave, would I be able to do it at level 16 or is it more of end game content type of deal?

EDIT: Found Ogam, missed that hidden path at the bottom lol.
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

About the Gargoyle Cave:
Head east from Vilegard, then north from the road. You can tackle it at level 16, but don't expect to get anything that interesting. You can get a very special item there, the Ring of Lesser Shadow, but there is only a 1 in 10,000 chance a monster will drop it. If you go for it you will probably go up very many levels before you get one, which could make the rest of the game kind of boring. I went for mine only after I finished everything else.
Other than that, try going to Loneford, north of Crossglen. There are a number of quests there.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
CrazyDamon

Post by CrazyDamon »

rijackson741 wrote:About the Gargoyle Cave:
Head east from Vilegard, then north from the road. You can tackle it at level 16, but don't expect to get anything that interesting. You can get a very special item there, the Ring of Lesser Shadow, but there is only a 1 in 10,000 chance a monster will drop it. If you go for it you will probably go up very many levels before you get one, which could make the rest of the game kind of boring. I went for mine only after I finished everything else.
Other than that, try going to Loneford, north of Crossglen. There are a number of quests there.
Sweet thanks, been grinding the garg cave out but I think I'll be here for awhile :lol:
Nut

Post by Nut »

yes, it is somehow very cosy at Gargoyles inn :)
Once I even spent a new carpet...
http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... start=1128
Nut