v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Questions about AT going forward

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
atfan
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Questions about AT going forward

Post by atfan »

Hello! New here, so please forgive my asking questions that are probably common knowledge. I searched, but it might be one of those forest for the trees things, where the answers are so clear to everyone else that they're hidden to someone not in the know, in posts ranging from 3 years to a week old.

1. Is AT still being developed? I think I know this one from the activity here: yes

2. Where are the latest versions (since last update was '14, I believe) to be found (if at all)? The version I have is 0.71 from the Android store. My guess: it appears there might be software repositories where code can be found, but I don't know beyond that. My hope is there is an alternate upload on the store? (for security reasons; as everyone knows, downloading from external locations can be risky).

3. Is Oskar still involved? My guess from what I've been able to find here: no

4. Is there a web version? Guess: unknown

5. Is there a windows version? Guess: sounds like there might be, from a post I read here

6. If and when it does ever find its way to the android store again, will it invalidate my save games? Guess: absolutely yes :(

That's all I can think of right now. I had to struggle to come up with the last three, so perhaps I don't have as many questions as I thought. In a nutshell, is there more AT coming and when?

Thank you!
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Re: Questions about AT going forward

Post by Zukero »

Hello atfan, and welcome to the forums.

Answers:
1. Yes. Slowly, but definitively yes !
2. You have the latest "stable" version. You can build the dev version if you want, but I would really recommend against it unless you want to contribute.
3. No indeed. That's why latest version is from 2014. We have had trouble getting up and running after he left, but now, all is good, we just need to work.
4. Nope. Android only.
5. Not officially. Android only. Using emulators, VMs, or other "app players", people have been able to play AT on windows. If you need to, I recommend a VirtualBox/VMware/... VM with android-x86. That's what I use for development.
6. No. Not at all. Or you used a dev version (those break the saves, use your saves read-only with dev build). Or there is a bug, but I'll try to catch'em all (bugs are like pokémon) before official, Google Play, release, through a public beta here on the forums. There's actually quite a bunch of code in AT making sure you can use a save from day one in the latest version. I know I do keep a save from before there were skills in AT for such tests.
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
atfan
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Re: Questions about AT going forward

Post by atfan »

Excellent news, thank you for the speedy reply!