Your favourite Skills?

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Usirim
android_version: 8.0

Your favourite Skills?

Post by Usirim »

Hi to everyone around.

What are your favourite skills?

I think, the most powerfull skill is Increased fortitude, especially on level 3 vor above. The higher your level the more you benefits from this skill.
My number two is Taunt, because it makes enemy attacks less dangerous. When in the caves to Lodars hideout 5 or more hirathil cycles your Char, it could make the difference between life or death when your enemies have only 2 instead of three attacks.
Third is Combast speed. A must in the beginning, could be replaced with Cleave - it your can spend enough skills points.
Fourth is Regeneration, but with the RolS this skill is obsolet.

Your opinions?
Usirim (v2.2):
Lvl: 200
XP: 145.569.369
Gold: 5.8M
RoLS: 17
ElyR: 9
RoL: 6
ChaR: 9
GoLF: 2
ShaF: 7
SRoV: 15
VSH: 7
WMC: 12
GoW: 6

Base values
HP: 1000
AC: 280
AD: 90
max AP: 10 (12)
BC: 180%
DR: 0
(Jun 2017)
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Re: Your favourite Skills?

Post by rijackson741 »

I would put IF and CS at the top of the list. I'm not going to put one above the other though, because I consider at least 1 level of IF and both levels of CS as essential. With IF your HP increases every level, and more HP is always good. When you run out of them, you end up waking up in a bed, with lost XP! Getting both levels of CS increases the number of attacks per round, and there is no more efficient way to increase your damage per round.

In the third spot I would put Regeneration, and I disagree that RoLS makes it obsolete. I would not have taken my second level of Re if I had known that I would get a RoLS by chance very shortly afterward, but I'm also not all that sorry about that decision. Having high HP is good, but then the problem is how to keep them topped up without becoming a potion junkie. The answer is Re. One level of Re can also be a life saver if you run out of potions, because you can stand in doorways or other safe places to heal. I consider one level of Re as the other essential skill.

Beyond those skills, it depends on how you want to play. I rely on hit and flee tactics to wear my enemies down, so I invested in 3 levels of Evasion. I think it was a good choice for me, but not everyone plays that way. Alternatives to Evasion would be Cleave or Corpse eater. If you play with a low AP weapon then Cleave gives extra attacks per round, and that's a big plus (it will probably be my next skill). I agree with you about the value of Taunt decreasing the number of attacks per round your enemy has, but the flip side of that coin is to increase the number of attacks per round you have, and Cleave is much easier to get than Taunt. Corpse eater is another way to keep those all important HP topped up.

Investing in at least one weapon proficiency and one armor proficiency, as well as a fighting style, also pays high dividends.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Voom
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Re: Your favourite Skills?

Post by Voom »

Interesting. Honestly, I've never used either Taunt or Cleave. I am a two-hander type player so Cleave would not be as effective. Taunt would be though. Considering what I have experienced my favorite skills are the fighting style and specialization skills for two-handed weapons. By lvl 45, Skullcrusher has 0-55 AD and 26 AC just with those skills alone. Gutsplitter would have 15-36 AD and 27 AC.
Voom