v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Money, money, money

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Lady Drager
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Re: Money, money, money

Post by Lady Drager »

Or how about in Remgard? Wait! I just had a thought... what can we do with that library or school (whatever it is) in Remgard? Is there something planned for it? The guy just tells you the place is closed but implies you can get a specific book...
Update coming soon Nina Lvl: 49 XP: 2209302 Base; HP: 79 AP: 10 AC: 75% Dam: 19 Def: 75%
WA1, HH1, BS1, QL1, IF1, Ev1, Rg1, FM1, MF1, DBoS1, DP1, LAP1, HAP1, FS:DW2, S:DW1
Equipped L&E Items: RoLS, SH, Mwt, DoSP, BotD
Tomcat
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Tomcat »

It's pretty far along in the game before you can get there, so basic info like skills wants to be sooner, but it might be a good place to have a book on Legendary and Extraordinary items, so that people can find out about them in game, not just in the forum.
Norbert
Lvl:52 XP:2597576 AP:12 HP:124 AC:282 AD:30-42 CHS:27 CM:2.0 ECC:18% BC:132 DR:2
Skills: CS:2 IF:2 Ev:3 Rg:1 DgPro:1 1HPro:2 LtAPro:2 FS-DW:2 Sp-DW:1
Equip: FP BSS JoF RoP PRoB SrpHbk GoLF EnhCH EnhCB
Other: DotSP VD GoW FB TG RoD+6 Oegyth:6
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Tomcat wrote:You get to the school room on Prim, and you get sat down for a pop quiz...
There you go. That's a fun idea. And it's a nice place to inform them about extraordinary and legendary items considering that there are a few found in the general area.
Last edited by Antison on Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Lady Drager
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by Lady Drager »

About the place in Remgard: Actually my idea was that it could be a reusable resource for reading books necessary for future quests.
Update coming soon Nina Lvl: 49 XP: 2209302 Base; HP: 79 AP: 10 AC: 75% Dam: 19 Def: 75%
WA1, HH1, BS1, QL1, IF1, Ev1, Rg1, FM1, MF1, DBoS1, DP1, LAP1, HAP1, FS:DW2, S:DW1
Equipped L&E Items: RoLS, SH, Mwt, DoSP, BotD
Tomcat
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Tomcat »

Lady Drager wrote:About the place in Remgard: Actually my idea was that it could be a reusable resource for reading books necessary for future quests.
Also a very good idea
Norbert
Lvl:52 XP:2597576 AP:12 HP:124 AC:282 AD:30-42 CHS:27 CM:2.0 ECC:18% BC:132 DR:2
Skills: CS:2 IF:2 Ev:3 Rg:1 DgPro:1 1HPro:2 LtAPro:2 FS-DW:2 Sp-DW:1
Equip: FP BSS JoF RoP PRoB SrpHbk GoLF EnhCH EnhCB
Other: DotSP VD GoW FB TG RoD+6 Oegyth:6
Capeditiea
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by Capeditiea »

rijackson741 wrote:I wish. There's not enough developers, and the existing developers do not have enough time. So things pile up. If we had three times as many developers that would still be true. Work expands to fill the time available.
on this note. i will have a bunch of time on my hands in about half a year from now. (i can learn enough to help. in about three months after that.) my experience is primarily playing games, though i have been wanting to make a game my self as well. so i could use this as a learning experience.

the reason it will take me a while to get going, is because i have five musick albums to make. which should take a month per album. during this time i can study the language, programs, etc. needed, instead of the planned afterwards. i can push learning blender a while longer.

but, i can say, once i am knowledgable enough, i can get things done pretty quick and efficient. :3 plus i do it for free.
...i mean i have no life, no income. so i really have nothing but time.

i think by 8.0 or 9.0 i should be able to help.
Player Name: ESC LVL: 47 (ChillIin' with Kayla, awaiting next update.)
Player Name: E LVL: 28 (The Fated No IF Build)
i am spoiler happy now that i have figured it out. :3
:D
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Post by Zukero »

Tomcat wrote:You get to the school room on Prim, and you get sat down for a pop quiz...
You get sat down to get SAT down? (sorry).
Capeditiea wrote: on this note. i will have a bunch of time on my hands in about half a year from now. (i can learn enough to help. in about three months after that.) my experience is primarily playing games, though i have been wanting to make a game my self as well. so i could use this as a learning experience.
Andor's Trail is IMHO a great project to learn about the unsuspected difficulties in putting a game together. Good thing is, you can focus on content without needing to learn to code.
Capeditiea wrote: the reason it will take me a while to get going, is because i have five musick albums to make. which should take a month per album. during this time i can study the language, programs, etc. needed, instead of the planned afterwards. i can push learning blender a while longer.
Sound engineer ? Mixing and mastering ? Then I could learn a lot from you too.
Blender is an awesome tool, but it's very powerful thus very complex, and the ergonomics are rather disturbing for newbies. Worse, half of the doc and tutorials are outdated and irrelevant. Learning it is a daunting task, but also a very rewarding one.
Capeditiea wrote: i think by 8.0 or 9.0 i should be able to help.
Don't be so hard on yourself, it's easier than it sounds, and the contribution guide is full of answers.
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
Capeditiea

Post by Capeditiea »

Zukero wrote: Andor's Trail is IMHO a great project to learn about the unsuspected difficulties in putting a game together. Good thing is, you can focus on content without needing to learn to code.

that is good to know. :3
Zukero wrote: Sound engineer ? Mixing and mastering ? Then I could learn a lot from you too.
Blender is an awesome tool, but it's very powerful thus very complex, and the ergonomics are rather disturbing for newbies. Worse, half of the doc and tutorials are outdated and irrelevant. Learning it is a daunting task, but also a very rewarding one.

*nods, it is part of the reason it is taking me years to stay focused on to learn (i do plan on making animated videos for a few of the albums i have made and will make.)
i make a wide range of musick ranging from neoclassical to aggronoize to xenoambient to ritual to drone to post-industrial... the list goes on. let's just say, i am a goddess. :3
Zukero wrote: Don't be so hard on yourself, it's easier than it sounds, and the contribution guide is full of answers.
;) it really would take me a month or two. i have learned everything lmms has to offer in only two weeks. (no manuals) so i suspect it would take about as long as learning linux terminal things. part of the six months is getting to know the developers, the alpha testers, analysing the players.
Player Name: ESC LVL: 47 (ChillIin' with Kayla, awaiting next update.)
Player Name: E LVL: 28 (The Fated No IF Build)
i am spoiler happy now that i have figured it out. :3
:D
nyktos
VIP

Post by nyktos »

Capeditiea wrote:on this note. i will have a bunch of time on my hands in about half a year from now.

(...)

i think by 8.0 or 9.0 i should be able to help.
that's exciting! :mrgreen:

in terms of AT releases, your time frame is not disappointing.

[i just mean that it's been a long time since our last update]

Capeditiea wrote:i make a wide range of musick ranging from neoclassical to aggronoize to xenoambient to ritual to drone to post-industrial...
you can just send those albums down here! :lol:

my kinda music! :twisted:
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
twirlimp
VIP
android_version: 4.3

Post by twirlimp »

Capeditiea wrote: i make a wide range of musick ranging from neoclassical to aggronoize to xenoambient to ritual to drone to post-industrial... the list goes on. let's just say, i am a goddess. :3
Oh wow! Is it ok if I send you some short tracks I'll be making for a game, to get your opinion?

I got some adequate LMMS and soundfont experience but I'm still clumsy with the music theory & getting the "feel" right.
There's a difference between making a beat and composing an actual track, and I'm learning this the hard way (or the "fun" way, since I am enjoying my experiments).
Capeditiea wrote:
Zukero wrote: Don't be so hard on yourself, it's easier than it sounds, and the contribution guide is full of answers.
;) it really would take me a month or two. i have learned everything lmms has to offer in only two weeks. (no manuals) so i suspect it would take about as long as learning linux terminal things. part of the six months is getting to know the developers, the alpha testers, analysing the players.
I think you'd be pleasantly surprised how friendly ATCS can be.
It's a very masterful piece of software.
ideas plox