v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Money, money, money

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Tomcat
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Re: Money, money, money

Post by Tomcat »

nyktos wrote: in an attempt to learn the process better, i've decided to write a (couple?) early quests...

simple enough for the player to complete early & easier for me attempt a seamless content submission.

so, we can make sure the reward is decent to keep the flow going early in the game.
Looking forward to seeing it!
Norbert
Lvl:52 XP:2597576 AP:12 HP:124 AC:282 AD:30-42 CHS:27 CM:2.0 ECC:18% BC:132 DR:2
Skills: CS:2 IF:2 Ev:3 Rg:1 DgPro:1 1HPro:2 LtAPro:2 FS-DW:2 Sp-DW:1
Equip: FP BSS JoF RoP PRoB SrpHbk GoLF EnhCH EnhCB
Other: DotSP VD GoW FB TG RoD+6 Oegyth:6
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

nyktos wrote: in an attempt to learn the process better, i've decided to write a (couple?) early quests...

simple enough for the player to complete early & easier for me attempt a seamless content submission.

so, we can make sure the reward is decent to keep the flow going early in the game.
In the words of Mr Burns... "Exxxxxxcellent" :lol:

I still think that we might need to add a few early on quests that helps to explain how to play a little more, right now when you start out by wondering aimlessly...

Maybe add an NPC in Crossglen that recommends sticking close to the village until you get a little stronger.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Capeditiea
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by Capeditiea »

why not have money be lost as well as experience when one passes out? (with an additional skill similar to FM) It is knda normal in respawn games.

But an NPC in Crosgen would be perfect, maybe a dude to appear in the cave after Rat Infestation is complete. Who would instruct us on the various things, like different skills, their benefits, Lore, Hints, The (as far as i know) 3 different builds, what each level up up perk will do. Then to top it off, you can spend 10k to gain a skill point.

This way, it will be a sure bet that in midgame one will always return to their home town. Since some areas are quite deadly and all you can do is grind, have more money, more rocks ... T.T no RoLS... dying left and right... attempting to stab your finger through your phone... :D you know just like the good ol days.

But we are having new gamers out there, who happen to be all... this is too hard... mid game. (i know because i am begining to believe y'all are sadists... laughing in the background...or something. :3
Player Name: ESC LVL: 47 (ChillIin' with Kayla, awaiting next update.)
Player Name: E LVL: 28 (The Fated No IF Build)
i am spoiler happy now that i have figured it out. :3
:D
ace
VIP
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by ace »

No no. skill points for money will make grinders too overpowered. Other than that having an NPC to appear and help can be considered.
the secrets of shadow and light
be happy :lol:
https://facebook.com/andorstrail
Capeditiea

Post by Capeditiea »

i thought of that as well. which is why the rate for one skill point, is 10k. even if you grind for five hours, you may get around 5K since money income is primarily from items, instead of money drops, which range on average 0-10 coins, for most midgame monsters. later monsters are obviously more.

So the high price of 10K per skill point would be fine. Since from what i noticed, i would only beable to really get two. Some folk here have only 60K gold and they are long time players. so they would beable to purchase 6 skill points. Which inevitably, one can level up their FM skill or their Exp skill, MF skill, etc. at any time they grind enough. most of the other skills like regen, have stipulations, like Lvl requires 60HP. so even if you go on the binge of increasing weapon accuracy or other skills that appear to have no limit. the rate would still be limited, and would gradually increase the amount of times you use the skill point buyer dude.

So really it would be helpful more so. Especially since the chance of buying a skill point before BWM or Gargoyle Cave is quite slim unless you spent weeks in the first three caves, plus getting the equipment (which is quite a bit it's self. and highly recommended.)

So in the end, one would already be in their twenties when they can actually invest in their first skill point.
Tomcat
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Tomcat »

Early in the game, 10k gold may seem like a lot of money, but considering just how valuable a skill point is, it's peanuts. Later on, even 1 million per skill point is too cheap.
Norbert
Lvl:52 XP:2597576 AP:12 HP:124 AC:282 AD:30-42 CHS:27 CM:2.0 ECC:18% BC:132 DR:2
Skills: CS:2 IF:2 Ev:3 Rg:1 DgPro:1 1HPro:2 LtAPro:2 FS-DW:2 Sp-DW:1
Equip: FP BSS JoF RoP PRoB SrpHbk GoLF EnhCH EnhCB
Other: DotSP VD GoW FB TG RoD+6 Oegyth:6
Capeditiea

Post by Capeditiea »

True. *goes and pouts,

:3 maybe a limited amount of times? like three or so. but have the price increase 5-10K per time. kinda like how they have those two in Charwood.
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

As others have noted, getting money later in the game is very easy. I have 230,000 gp, and could get more with little effort if there was a reason. There's a reason the skills in Charwood cost more than just gp.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Capeditiea

Post by Capeditiea »

it makes sense, i am only attempting to defeat those blue ghosts... sigh... i may have to gain another 20k exp then die, and grind more hopefully get RoLS... because grrrrr. i spent a point on the magic iten drop one, level 28. then realized i saved it on save file one instead of two... XD

anyways, now i am just thinking of worse case scenarios. :3 this site helped me in various quests. esp. BWM. :O i did the first round at L14. and left to grind for the RoLS...

but still... money is like growing and getting potions of various sorts are kinda low in price. is there a potion to heal all hp?
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

No, there is no potion to heal all HP. If you have a level of the regeneration skill you can stand at a map transition, which is always safe, and wait a while to get all your HP back.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1