v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Money, money, money

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Capeditiea
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Re: Money, money, money

Post by Capeditiea »

true. -_- that is such a long process, when your itching for combat. but there are those numourous times you get stuck between two monsters and you either have to reload or just die. LOL i am going insane. YOU MADE A FASCINATING GAME THAT TRUMPS ABOUT HALF OF THE GAMES I LOVE! sorry about the caps... it felt good.

anyways. i shall ponder on this. and also keep in mind upon the coding difficulties as well as memory usage. :3 because really the money is the only problem i see with it. yet, with most rpgs by the end of the game you have millions. so there is that.
Player Name: ESC LVL: 47 (ChillIin' with Kayla, awaiting next update.)
Player Name: E LVL: 28 (The Fated No IF Build)
i am spoiler happy now that i have figured it out. :3
:D
Tomcat
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Tomcat »

Also, your BC is rather low to make it through those ghosts without a struggle. Improving that, via gear or level ups, will be much easier than grinding for RoL. My current character was level 45 with a BC of 110 for the ghost cave, and it was tough going for me then.
Norbert
Lvl:52 XP:2597576 AP:12 HP:124 AC:282 AD:30-42 CHS:27 CM:2.0 ECC:18% BC:132 DR:2
Skills: CS:2 IF:2 Ev:3 Rg:1 DgPro:1 1HPro:2 LtAPro:2 FS-DW:2 Sp-DW:1
Equip: FP BSS JoF RoP PRoB SrpHbk GoLF EnhCH EnhCB
Other: DotSP VD GoW FB TG RoD+6 Oegyth:6
Capeditiea

Post by Capeditiea »

:3 okay, so my next few level ups shall be devoted to BC and obtaining a RoLS and maybe 200+ potions. then try again after that.

EDITED TO NOT DOUBLE POST:
:3 i am sure it has been brought up before, but it can easily be incorporated. similar to how folk have been talking about the double banding of rings. have a quest. (probably Nor City, i have a feeling it is gonna be bigger than Fellhaven. Since, it seems to be the talk of the other towns.)

but a blacksmith whom, will upgrade your weapons, armor, rings for a cost. But the blacksmith's persona is infacuated with jewels and gems. This is where the quest begins. Having us find an absurd amount of Red gems, blue gems, and such, but there is a monster that is kinda holding a rare crystal, which upon return they'll not only let you see his wares, but give your non-rare, non-legendary weapons a "boost." which will slightly increase or decrease varius attributes to the weapon.

the price may be farfetched but it would be similar to those in Charwood. with that other Crystal that i have yet to memorize the name of...

but lets grant an example, since everyone knows about ring of damage. we'll go with this.

Ring of Damage +1
cost to make Ring of Damage +2
1 red gem, 2 blue gems, 30 gold.

it may be a horrid example. but the structure is what i am putting past.

this can easily be related to Dark Souls... yet it is quite common in many games.
o so this is how i do a spoiler
Duvalon
VIP

Post by Duvalon »

Several games use jems to augment or improve weapons. I'm not against the idea, but I feel it adds complexity without much value.

To get back to the money issue, I think the problem is maybe only because the game is unfinished. As you get towards the end of the currently developed content, it feels like the bestiary, weapons, armours, money and experience don't quite scale.

I still think having stores keeping an inventory to prevent buying multiple of powerful or rare weapons and rings would be beneficial.
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

The subject of enhancing weapons has come up before, several times. The current ability to do this is very limited, because all items are static. So to upgrade item A to item B, we need to predefine both items.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Capeditiea

Post by Capeditiea »

i figured there would be a few extra steps in coding.
Lady Drager

Post by Lady Drager »

Cappy, buying skills with gold doesn't really make any sense, even in real life. Yeah, you pay for schools, but there's also the matter of the time it takes to learn. In RPGs this learning time is represented as xp buildup. Presumably, your character is learning new stuff with every action and every event she experiences thus, you gain skills along the way.

However, for those who feel there should be someone in Crossglen to guide the players, it should be Mikhail. After all, our first teachers are our parents right?
Update coming soon Nina Lvl: 49 XP: 2209302 Base; HP: 79 AP: 10 AC: 75% Dam: 19 Def: 75%
WA1, HH1, BS1, QL1, IF1, Ev1, Rg1, FM1, MF1, DBoS1, DP1, LAP1, HAP1, FS:DW2, S:DW1
Equipped L&E Items: RoLS, SH, Mwt, DoSP, BotD
Capeditiea

Post by Capeditiea »

:3 true.

i am still pondering. a lot of my thoughts end up with some strange turnabout. currently, the idea.i am getting are from modern style games... sigh, which is what grants Andor's Trail a plus, because it is old school. i think it should stay oldschool.

my current thought is similar to Star Ocean games. (at least SO2)

but the idea is still in various rebuttles stage. (since i completely realized i forgot about the end mentioned.)

Well, in SO2 there is armour and such that you can purchase for a limited time. Then there are some novelty items from a dude that only appears in a certain area. the items are absurdly expensive. the only rebuddles i can come up with thus far are,
1. the items with .01 drop rate are good enough.
2. a few merchants sale pretty good items.
3. it mayrequire a bunch of coding for a random person to show at a specified position at a 1% rate. or a limited person, let's say after you are a certain level they will show, or hide, (we are talking two different people) i mean SO2 players would remember
santa boot's
and how to get them. or
that snowy island
yet it may be a horrible idea. even though it is rare in games. but there are folk in AT like
the guard tower
that require quest to be done to see their wares. and like other instances, this kinda would be overdoing it.
Lady Drager

Post by Lady Drager »

We could also add a bookshelf to Dad's house where it brings up a dialogue containing a list of books you can read about stuff. Such as:
Combat for Beginners
Storage Containers
Skills for Dummies
Etc.
Then you select which book you want to read and it brings up the dialogue on that topic.
Update coming soon Nina Lvl: 49 XP: 2209302 Base; HP: 79 AP: 10 AC: 75% Dam: 19 Def: 75%
WA1, HH1, BS1, QL1, IF1, Ev1, Rg1, FM1, MF1, DBoS1, DP1, LAP1, HAP1, FS:DW2, S:DW1
Equipped L&E Items: RoLS, SH, Mwt, DoSP, BotD
Tomcat
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Tomcat »

Oh, I like that idea!
Norbert
Lvl:52 XP:2597576 AP:12 HP:124 AC:282 AD:30-42 CHS:27 CM:2.0 ECC:18% BC:132 DR:2
Skills: CS:2 IF:2 Ev:3 Rg:1 DgPro:1 1HPro:2 LtAPro:2 FS-DW:2 Sp-DW:1
Equip: FP BSS JoF RoP PRoB SrpHbk GoLF EnhCH EnhCB
Other: DotSP VD GoW FB TG RoD+6 Oegyth:6