v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Blackwater conundrum.

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Schmmiiirc
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Blackwater conundrum.

Post by Schmmiiirc »

I've read that despite the downside of Blackwater Misery, as it doesn't stack, the equipment is worth having/using.

With my usual gear equipped my simple stats are:-

At. 257% : Dam. 17-35 +6 : Bl. 92%/1

Those are with the BSS equipped. If I swap that for some crits with the DoSP it becomes:-

At. 230% : Dam. 15-30 +26X3 : Bl 92%/1

With Blackwater gear equipped, Backwater Iron Sword, BW Leather cap and BW Leather armour, my stats become:-

At. 230% : Dam. 16-34% -50 : Bl 125%/2

The increase in Block chance is good, but other than that it seems considerably worse (-50 on Crits).

Am I missing something?
See the puppies scatter.
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Re: Blackwater conundrum.

Post by rijackson741 »

-50 on crits is the same as no crits. So if you compare to the BSS you are trading off AC vs BC. I'm not sure which BW weapon you are looking at, but compared to the BW dagger the poisoned BW dagger has a higher AC, no BC, and (of course) poison. The BW set is really meant for a block oriented build. If you want some other build, it's not so great.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Schmmiiirc

Post by Schmmiiirc »

rijackson741 wrote:-50 on crits is the same as no crits. So if you compare to the BSS you are trading off AC vs BC. I'm not sure which BW weapon you are looking at, but compared to the BW dagger the poisoned BW dagger has a higher AC, no BC, and (of course) poison. The BW set is really meant for a block oriented build. If you want some other build, it's not so great.
That example was with the Blackwater Iron Sword, (I have the ordinary BW dagger but not the BW poisoned dagger).

Got too many swords and daggers in my inventory at the moment so I'm being tempted to play around too much. :roll:
See the puppies scatter.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Go with the bw dagger and duel wield. Level up dagger skills and duel wield skills
rijackson741 wrote:The BW set is really meant for a block oriented build. If you want some other build, it's not so great.
I completely disagree.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Schmmiiirc

Post by Schmmiiirc »

Antison wrote:Go with the bw dagger and duel wield. Level up dagger skills and duel wield skills
rijackson741 wrote:The BW set is really meant for a block oriented build. If you want some other build, it's not so great.
I completely disagree.
That's not going to be ideal for me now as after *Destined for great things* I opted for Sword & Shield.

I'll definitely keep it in mind for my next character for my next character though.
See the puppies scatter.
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

Antison wrote:Go with the bw dagger and duel wield. Level up dagger skills and duel wield skills
I completely disagree.
BW misery nerfs your AC by 50 and your CS by 50. Granted, the BW weapons have high AC, but less than the nerf. On the other hand, the armor and the cap give very high BC, certainly at that point in the game. I take your point about dual wield and dagger skills, but by the time you get those there are better alternatives to the BW set (which is why we agreed, in some other thread, that it would be good to complete the set somewhere later in the game, like Remgard).
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Schmmiiirc

Post by Schmmiiirc »

The BW gear is working better than I expected : I now have the bones of Thukuzun in my pocket - if I can get out again without passing out I'll go back to BW and see what else i can use.
See the puppies scatter.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Schmmiiirc wrote:The BW gear is working better than I expected ... I'll go back to BW and see what else i can use.
If you are going with the BW sword instead of the dagger and you already have the helmet and armor, then the only other item to grab is the ring which IMO is not worth wearing.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Schmmiiirc

Post by Schmmiiirc »

Antison wrote: If you are going with the BW sword instead of the dagger and you already have the helmet and armor, then the only other item to grab is the ring which IMO is not worth wearing.
Thanks, I did take a look at the AT Directory and came to the same conclusion. I may go back anyway, it's a relatively easy and productive grind up there and back for me now.
See the puppies scatter.
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

i always wanted to o back & try this build again...
especially after the new specialty skills have been introduced. :twisted:

i love digging around, finding ways to optimize builds.
(probably why i'm so addicted to this game) :lol:
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]