v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Cleave

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Re: Cleave

Post by rijackson741 »

Hello NerubianWorm, and welcome to the forums.

True, bosses can be bad, and cleave will usually not help with them. Some bosses also have very high DR, in which case the single most important thing is probably damage per hit (without crits). I personally also use hit and flee tactics against such monsters, but that's not to everyone's taste.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

what about a new boss that has henchmen rushing you? :twisted:

oh yeah & welcome to the boards!!! :mrgreen:
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Kashim
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by Kashim »

nyktos wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:42 pm what about a new boss that has henchmen rushing you? :twisted:
I would LOVE that. I always liked bosses that continuously spawned additional monsters that would try to mob you throughout the fight. Ones where every time you hit them, a piece falls off that you then have to kill or it starts hitting you, so if you don't pay attention to it, it just gets worse. Cleave would be super helpful against that kind of enemy.

Actually, that sounds like a good idea for a refurb for the slime cave off of the Dulein road. Hardest cave in the game IMO, and yet all you get is a "bloodletter". Instead, make it some kind of giant slime that spawns other slimes as it gets hit, and then give it a reward worth the insane amount of work you just went through to kill it.
I have too many characters to list them, so I'll just list my most important:
Template Flux
Lvl: 1 XP:56034
L&E: RoLS: 2 ElyR: 1 RoL: 2 BD: 1
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

That's a good idea, but there is no way to make monsters spawn other monsters, or even to simulate that.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Post by Zukero »

Yeah, we would need to have scripts triggered on hit or kill. I thought about adding that already.
The triggers I'd like attached to both item or NPC are:
- When the source is hit
- When the target is hit
- When the source is missed
- When the target is missed
- When the source is killed (NPC only)
- When the target is killed (Player only)

Then, the dialogue/script system would need to have new conditions, like Player/NPC HP greater than X or lower than Y, or Player/NPC has X actor condition active.

This way, you could have a boss spawn enemies when his HP reach 75%, 50% and 25%, and all mobs leave when you kill it.

You could also push actor conditions on the player when you hit the enemy, like I want to do for my Mushroom Quest (hitting a mushroom can give you spore infection).
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Zukero wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:41 pm Yeah, we would need to have scripts triggered on hit or kill. I thought about adding that already.
The triggers I'd like attached to both item or NPC are:
- When the source is hit
- When the target is hit
- When the source is missed
- When the target is missed
- When the source is killed (NPC only)
- When the target is killed (Player only)

Then, the dialogue/script system would need to have new conditions, like Player/NPC HP greater than X or lower than Y, or Player/NPC has X actor condition active.

This way, you could have a boss spawn enemies when his HP reach 75%, 50% and 25%, and all mobs leave when you kill it.

You could also push actor conditions on the player when you hit the enemy, like I want to do for my Mushroom Quest (hitting a mushroom can give you spore infection).
How is something like Taunt implemented if you aren't using event-driven design? I assumed that when the source missed then a "Missed" event would fire and the handler of that event would apply the Taunt effect.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Post by Zukero »

Skills are hard-coded, not content-driven, so the event-driven triggers are limitless for skills.
For content, like the one you create with ATCS, the hooks are much more limited. There are a few ways to start evaluating a script, and each line of dialogue can have conditions based on a limited set of criteria, and can give a limited number of reward.

One example, a script cannot cure you of any "physical" actor conditions (like internal bleeding), only of a specific one, unless you list all possible "physical" actor conditions in your script, and heal each and everyone of them.

I could get more technical, but we're already wayyyy off-topic. If you're interested in the underlying datamodel to represent AT's content, take a look at ATCS, you'll quickly see what's possible, and what's not (so far).
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
Antison

Post by Antison »

Anyone playing with 2+ levels of Cleave? I've never done it and I'm seriously considering it for my monk build.
eor
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by eor »

I've got 2 skill points of cleave. I believe it would complement your monk build quite nicely..(unarmed, correct?)

I'm tempted to try it myself ;)
Embrace the Shadowbunnies :shock:
Antison

Post by Antison »

eor wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:38 am I believe it would complement your monk build quite nicely.(unarmed, correct?)
That is correct. Unarmored too.