v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

I'm going to die!

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Schmmiiirc
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

I'm going to die!

Post by Schmmiiirc »

Not me fortunately, just my character. ;)

These Hirathil are something else entirely. The damned things are organised, I got stuck in a corner at one point and they were queuing up about four deep to kill me. :o

I'm about 90% through the caves. I think I'll make it through but I'm fairly certain from the way the game has been structured so far that Lodar will be worried that he's left the gas on or the back door unlocked or something else stupid and will want me to go and check before he'll sell me anything useful.

I was obviously less well stocked with Bonemeal than I should have been, I've burned about 60 so far (and only used 140 in the whole game).

There seems to be a huge disparity in the difficulty level, Blackwater, the Iqhan caves, the road to Remgard, and even the Spider caves are a breeze in comparison.

Oh well, I'll die and then grind some more and come back stronger.
See the puppies scatter.
Firefly84
android_version: 8.0

Re: I'm going to die!

Post by Firefly84 »

Yeah, this cave is absolute extreme.

Try to kill the (green) ghosts one after another.
Make sure they can't surround you completely (I was unlucky once and was surrounded by 8!). Have a wall in your back.
Hold your HP over 150 with Bonemail potion (have around 200 in stock in there).

Cleave, ROL and ROLS can be a lifesafer here.
Or Evasion.

And Lodar will send you back once to kill the monster in the cave you can't enter yet and a second time to get some ingredients.

When you want to grind, then go try to get those legendaries.
Firefly
Lvl: 114, PV: 497, FQ: 63
RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 2, HoF: 0, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 4, SRoV: 6, VSH: 3, WMC: 1, GoW: 1, BD: 1
DP: 0, X: 0, M: 1, BoGt: 1, SotA: 0, RofLS: 1
HP: 505, AC: 262, AD: 89-105, AP: 4 each, ECC: 12, CM: -, BC: 156, DR: 4
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

They are very hard. The key is to fight from a place where they can't surround you. Hit and flee tactics work too.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Schmmiiirc

Post by Schmmiiirc »

Firefly84 wrote:Yeah, this cave is absolute extreme.

Try to kill the (green) ghosts one after another.
Make sure they can't surround you completely (I was unlucky once and was surrounded by 8!). Have a wall in your back.
Hold your HP over 150 with Bonemail potion (have around 200 in stock in there).

Cleave, ROL and ROLS can be a lifesafer here.
Or Evasion.

And Lodar will send you back once to kill the monster in the cave you can't enter yet and a second time to get some ingredients.

When you want to grind, then go try to get those legendaries.
My HP only start at 105 (at best - depends what's equipped). I went in with 65 Bonemeal, obviously not enough as I only have three left now and two more maps/caves to go. 65 Bonemeal is close to half of what I've used altogether (140) to get to level 50, hence my comment about the disparity in difficulty level.

I did make a save about three caves in, and have taken that saved version back out to the Green Maze. I'll carry on and see if I get through and then probably revert to the saved game.

rijackson741 wrote:They are very hard. The key is to fight from a place where they can't surround you. Hit and flee tactics work too.
They seem able to more or less surround me wherever I go. I must practice more with fleeing, it often didn't seem to work when I tried it early on in the game and I haven't used it much since, (I'm always surprised when it works). Not sure where I'd be fleeing to though, the damned things are everywhere.

The most effective weapon I found so far against them was Brutal Club, making skill points in Combat Speed a waste if you have JoF or MT.
See the puppies scatter.
Duke
VIP

Post by Duke »

Brutal Club? really? Are you dual wielding them? that is not a bad combo, but you only get two swings, so you better have some serious HP or block chance.
But if you are able to land crits, most would go with the dagger of the shadow priest, you'll get four swings with 2 levels of combat speed and the jewel of fallhaven. And then dual wield that with the blade of the defiler. and remember, if trying to land crits, go with as much crit boosting gear as possible.
Lvl78 XP9403007 Gold 248643 AP3 HP139 AC350 AD42-59 BC97 DR1
SP:D MC3 BC CS2 QL4 IF MF EB DW2
Rols1Rol2Elyr1Char1Golf1Shaf0Srov1Vsh1
Ozzy
lvl:47 HP114 AC254 AD27-37 BC112
SP:WA HH CS(2) CL CE IF(2) Reg
Rols1Rol0ElyR0Char2Shaf1Golf1Srov1Vsh1
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

Duke wrote:if trying to land crits, go with as much crit boosting gear as possible.
The Hirathil are crit immune. Dual wielding, I went after them with 2 x BSS. Four attacks per round, with a very high AC. With sword and shield I think the BSS would still be a very good choice. They do have a very high DR though so getting a high AD per hit is very important, and the BSS does not give much AD. So the best choice does depend on the build.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
ace
VIP
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by ace »

Hello, that cave is also where you can get more experience than most of the places :D .

Although if you use hit and run technique plus save and reload method it's possible to do lodar's quest at lvl 30 [or even lower but much more efforts]. For this you can use coward's boots, villain's armor [or valugha's equipment but low possiblity to find these,] JOF and QSD and you will need CS×2 then all you have to do is Just make sure you engage only with the monster that blocks the way and attack first and run without giving a chance to monster and save [so that if something bad happens you can reload :D].

I was wandering in the world to click pics of some exotic places and this build really helped my new character at low lvl.
the secrets of shadow and light
be happy :lol:
https://facebook.com/andorstrail
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

IMHO, the new content won't even be this difficult!

right now - you're in one of the nastiest places in all of Dhayavar!!!

:shock: :o
for now...
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Schmmiiirc

Post by Schmmiiirc »

Duke wrote:Brutal Club? really? Are you dual wielding them? that is not a bad combo, but you only get two swings, so you better have some serious HP or block chance.
No, just the one, this character doesn't have dual wield.

I tried most things, but despite only two swings with the Brutal club it was doing more damage than anything else with three or four swings.

Brief figures (just AD) Brutal club 15 - 51 / BSS 16 -34 / DotSP 14-28 / BW Sword 16 -33 / QSD 13 - 26.

So it seems that this character is under powered at the moment.
See the puppies scatter.
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Post by Zukero »

Multiply these numbers by the number of swings you get for each, and the picture will be a lot different IMHO. Especially with JoF equipped.
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2