v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Games within games

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Schmmiiirc
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Games within games

Post by Schmmiiirc »

I doubt that I'm alone in that I do certain things in games which are fairly pointless, but they do keep me amused.

Gylew: he's a miserable git, I usually drop a raw Perch next to him when I pass by, I hope the eventual smell really annoys him.

Rancent: what a bloody wuss, I make a point of avoiding him now so that he has to stay in the cave in a terrified state.

Starving prisoner, just before the hole in the wall in Flagstone: I do my best not to kill him/her.

Popping frogs: one of my favourites - when your character is strong enough, the frogs along the river bank (NW of Loneford) die with one hit, it just sounds like the frogs are popping as they die one after another.

Tavern owner in Loneford: I don't visit him often enough to care, but he's another miserable git. I'll think of something. :twisted:
See the puppies scatter.
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Re: Games within games

Post by rijackson741 »

Gylew is one of the dead ends currently in AT. The camp was put there, but I don't think anyone currently on the dev team knows what the original purpose was (if there even was one, beyond just filling the map).

Rancent is indeed a wuss. Maybe we should change the dialogue so that you can insult him before he leaves :evil:

There are five starving prisoners, but three are behind bars where you can't get to them.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

you should check this thread out...

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1957

we had quite a few little games going on in the past and there are quite a few listed there. :)

Schmmiiirc wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:23 am Popping frogs: one of my favourites - when your character is strong enough, the frogs along the river bank (NW of Loneford) die with one hit, it just sounds like the frogs are popping as they die one after another.

i do remember one where we tried to have the most enemy remains on the screen at once...
be it blood, ash, or goo - just kill as much as you can & take a screen shot.

still trying to find that thread, but - good times!
:D
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Schmmiiirc
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Schmmiiirc »

nyktos wrote: Mon May 01, 2017 6:07 am you should check this thread out...

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1957

we had quite a few little games going on in the past and there are quite a few listed there. :)

Schmmiiirc wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:23 am Popping frogs: one of my favourites - when your character is strong enough, the frogs along the river bank (NW of Loneford) die with one hit, it just sounds like the frogs are popping as they die one after another.

i do remember one where we tried to have the most enemy remains on the screen at once...
be it blood, ash, or goo - just kill as much as you can & take a screen shot.

still trying to find that thread, but - good times!
:D

That's all a bit too competitive for me, although I've counted splats and noted max experience for one battle before: I may try a couple of the shorter hurdle races.
See the puppies scatter.