Extraordinary and legendary items

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Diabolic
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Re: Extraordinary and legendary items

Post by Diabolic »

Ok, I got a RolS after 298 trainer kills... without any points in finding magic items ... I think I have to duck now... :P
LVL 46, AC 343%, BC 160%/1, DMG 26-42, AP 4/12, RolS: 1 (Lost in time)
LVL 37, AC 271, BC 88/3, DMG 21-37, AP5/10, RolS: 1
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Post by Nut »

I should have some words with Fortuna. She is not supposed to be fair, ok. But this is unbearable!
congratulation! :D
Nut
Voom
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Voom »

Diabolic wrote:Ok, I got a RolS after 298 trainer kills... without any points in finding magic items ... I think I have to duck now... :P
Way to go! It takes an estimated 40,000+ kills to catch 100% of 1 RoLS w/o MF.
Voom
Kashim
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by Kashim »

Finally got my first RoLS. 1200+ kills on the first game with MF2 before I retired the character. 4000+ kills over time on the second character with MF climbing from 2 to the eventual 4 when I finally found it.
I'm not gonna lie, many many times I seriously wondered if this was all a truly sick joke.

I don't have exact figures for kills because I was using the "gather 4 enemies around you and save, then kill, pick-up, reload, kill, pick-up, reload, repeat until ring is found method.
For anyone having difficulty with that method, I found a couple of tricks to it. Don't try to just get 4 around you naturally in one shot, it isn't gonna happen. Instead, try to get 2-3 around you and the others close by, preferably with direct line moves into a spot around you. Save. learn to flee out of combat and then immediately back in to get yourself the chance to save after having all enemies move ~1 space. pull up the save dialog before necessarily seeing if you are surrounded perfectly. Saving with 2 around me, the slowly and carefully rearranging them with reloads if they moved in the wrong direction got me with 4 around me 4 times (different characters/attempts) without a ton of effort.
Also, if you can't one-shot them, get them down to one hit to kill before you line them up. Saves a lot of time only having to hit each one approximately once. I hit them for about 2/3 of their health on the first hit, so I slugged them all once before lining them up so that once they were it was Load->attack->hit 4 times->pickup->reload. Much faster than previous times when I'd had them all at full health. Also, combat speed to instant, and only have the item dialog appear if they actually drop items. Saves more time. I was clocking ~2500/hour on my last run.

My numbers are only reasonably accurate. I timed myself how long it took me to reload and kill 5 times and then extrapolated.

Now for a second one.
I have too many characters to list them, so I'll just list my most important:
Template Flux
Lvl: 1 XP:56034
L&E: RoLS: 2 ElyR: 1 RoL: 2 BD: 1
Pringle
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Pringle »

I finaly got my first ring of lesser shadow after killing only 300 lol after downloading the game after i got back my phone at it was erased. No mf skills either i got lucky. Now i am going to try for the rapier of lifesteal
"Sit awhile and listen" - Deckard Cain
RiGhTeOuS
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by RiGhTeOuS »

Kashim wrote:Finally got my first RoLS. 1200+ kills on the first game with MF2 before I retired the character. 4000+ kills over time on the second character with MF climbing from 2 to the eventual 4 when I finally found it.
I'm not gonna lie, many many times I seriously wondered if this was all a truly sick joke.

I don't have exact figures for kills because I was using the "gather 4 enemies around you and save, then kill, pick-up, reload, kill, pick-up, reload, repeat until ring is found method.
For anyone having difficulty with that method, I found a couple of tricks to it. Don't try to just get 4 around you naturally in one shot, it isn't gonna happen. Instead, try to get 2-3 around you and the others close by, preferably with direct line moves into a spot around you. Save. learn to flee out of combat and then immediately back in to get yourself the chance to save after having all enemies move ~1 space. pull up the save dialog before necessarily seeing if you are surrounded perfectly. Saving with 2 around me, the slowly and carefully rearranging them with reloads if they moved in the wrong direction got me with 4 around me 4 times (different characters/attempts) without a ton of effort.
Also, if you can't one-shot them, get them down to one hit to kill before you line them up. Saves a lot of time only having to hit each one approximately once. I hit them for about 2/3 of their health on the first hit, so I slugged them all once before lining them up so that once they were it was Load->attack->hit 4 times->pickup->reload. Much faster than previous times when I'd had them all at full health. Also, combat speed to instant, and only have the item dialog appear if they actually drop items. Saves more time. I was clocking ~2500/hour on my last run.

My numbers are only reasonably accurate. I timed myself how long it took me to reload and kill 5 times and then extrapolated.

Now for a second one.
Thanks to this method I got a RoLS!! Took me couple of hours, but finally got it :D Then went on to grind for RoL, and got it in one night! Lady Luck smiled upon me with RoL I think, because I am now grinding for a ChaR and that is taking A LOT of time... Also got a GoW within normal (statistical) time
Segunda(Hunting 2nd RoLS 8-))
Lvl:63|XP:4M+|AP:2-3/12|HP:154|AC:231%|AD:35-41|CM:3.75|ECC:31%|BC:103%|DR:8
WA:1|HH:1|BS:2|MC:3|BC:1|CS:2|Cl:1|IF:2|Reg:2|WP:1S:1|AP:L:1
RoLS:1 :D|RoL:1|ChaR:2|ShaF:1|SRoV:1|VSH:1|GoW:1
Gear:DoSP/QsD|DH|SH|JoF|RCS(+)|PRoB|RoLS|ASG|BotG
Lady Drager
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by Lady Drager »

I had gotten about 3 items found on the list in the 1st post before ever reading said post. After reading it, I was kicking myself for selling those items. Then I got a Shadowfang after having read the post, but forgot it was on the list and sold it. I'm such a dummy sometimes! But here we are on Christmas Eve, I levelled up whilst grinding (for days) for a RolS. Got a skill point, put it into Magic Finder... and poof got a RolS in 1 hour! I think I'm gonna have some fun with the Allacephs, now. :D
Update coming soon Nina Lvl: 49 XP: 2209302 Base; HP: 79 AP: 10 AC: 75% Dam: 19 Def: 75%
WA1, HH1, BS1, QL1, IF1, Ev1, Rg1, FM1, MF1, DBoS1, DP1, LAP1, HAP1, FS:DW2, S:DW1
Equipped L&E Items: RoLS, SH, Mwt, DoSP, BotD
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

A nice (early) Christmas present :D
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Lady Drager

Post by Lady Drager »

Hence the top line of text in my animated GIF! :D
Update coming soon Nina Lvl: 49 XP: 2209302 Base; HP: 79 AP: 10 AC: 75% Dam: 19 Def: 75%
WA1, HH1, BS1, QL1, IF1, Ev1, Rg1, FM1, MF1, DBoS1, DP1, LAP1, HAP1, FS:DW2, S:DW1
Equipped L&E Items: RoLS, SH, Mwt, DoSP, BotD
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

Lady Drager wrote: I think I'm gonna have some fun with the Allacephs, now. :D
Tip: make sure you save often, and don't overwrite the samegames. What is down there is not nice, and this is one case where getting in does not guarantee you can get out.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1