v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Extraordinary and legendary items

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
satanas
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Re: Extraordinary and legendary items

Post by satanas »

Voom wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:50 pm
Lady Drager wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:05 pm Read only while waiting for beasties to respawn. Expect to be able to read 'War and Peace' by the time you get the RoLS, and you will feel as though you got it quickly when you do get it! ;)
So ur not the load & reload type?
It's better if you don't load your save we can wait or change the time of your phone we can have lot xp and gold
Lvl: 77
XP: 8,350,043 Gold:715,282 AP : 4/12
HP : 198 AC : 274% AD : 34-51 CHS:14 CM :1 BC: 153% DR:5

RoLS:1 RoL:1
marquinho
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by marquinho »

Yeah, that's true, but load/reload technique makes you get the item much faster, if you don't care to farm gold and exp, just the item itself.
I did farm a lot of gold and exp with my acc while grinding for RoLS using the "clock shift" technique for faster respawn. After killing 6666 SGMTs and getting 50k gold and level 40-45, I transitioned to load/reload technique.
You do have 277k gold and are level 56 (lvl45+ is overpowered right now), why would you want more gold and exp? :lol:
Tarobinha Lv52 Blackwater Thief
AP:12/3 HP:134 AC:309% AD:47-52, CHS:-49, BC:182%, DR:1
IF:3, CS:2, MF:1, S:DW, DP:3, LAP:3
BWH, BWA, BWD:2, Mt, RotP, RoLS, GotG, ECB
GoW:1

There is no honor among thieves.
satanas

Post by satanas »

i want to be millionnaire ( i see this --> viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2453 )
Lvl: 77
XP: 8,350,043 Gold:715,282 AP : 4/12
HP : 198 AC : 274% AD : 34-51 CHS:14 CM :1 BC: 153% DR:5

RoLS:1 RoL:1
Urbain
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Urbain »

Voom wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:58 pm
I agree 1 DR is pretty bad, but 1 DR is worth much more than 5 AC as it is currently. I don't think DR is a bad stat whatsoever though. It saves you so much HP in the long-run that I find it very useful. 1 DR is certainly better than 1 Corpse Eater as DR blocks some damage every enemy hit.
I agree with your DR assessment. It's a long term benefit and something that can be added when needed. Achieved your current skill point goals and don't know what to put the next one into? Put it into DR. 10 HP over the course of a battle is the difference between winning and waking up somewhere inconvenient.

Personally I also like the Evasion skill. The second benefit, reduced adjacent monster attack chance, is a real cherry on top in tight quarters. This is why I suggested it as a benefit for Bless.

And, back on topic, I've come to almost 12,000 SGT and SGM kills and still no RoLS. This definitely the longest it has taken me for any build.
Andor's Trail on a Samsung Galaxy Tab4
Lady Drager

Post by Lady Drager »

Voom wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:50 pm
Lady Drager wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:05 pm Read only while waiting for beasties to respawn. Expect to be able to read 'War and Peace' by the time you get the RoLS, and you will feel as though you got it quickly when you do get it! ;)
So ur not the load & reload type?
Why load and reload? It takes the casual out of casual game play. Besides, it allows me to see that some monsters respawn sooner than others on occasion. For example, sometimes the fourth monster I killed my last time through respawns first, other times it is the sixth, etc. They don't always respawn in the order killed.
Update coming soon Nina Lvl: 49 XP: 2209302 Base; HP: 79 AP: 10 AC: 75% Dam: 19 Def: 75%
WA1, HH1, BS1, QL1, IF1, Ev1, Rg1, FM1, MF1, DBoS1, DP1, LAP1, HAP1, FS:DW2, S:DW1
Equipped L&E Items: RoLS, SH, Mwt, DoSP, BotD
Kashim
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by Kashim »

Voom wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:58 pm
marquinho wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:24 am
Voom wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:38 am Ok, what if it grants 1DR when char has less than 25% HP? Elytharan "Redeemer" anyone? :D
That would be an incredibly bad bless, that couldn't redeem anyone. xD
DR isn't a great stat by itself (only on early levels), and only 1 DR is pretty nothing for a legendary item. It would be interesting if it was possible to mitigate a percentage of taken damage, instead of only flat DR values. That Bless, for example, could reduce 30% of all taken damage, so it would be nice against high criticals.
I agree 1 DR is pretty bad, but 1 DR is worth much more than 5 AC as it is currently. I don't think DR is a bad stat whatsoever though. It saves you so much HP in the long-run that I find it very useful. 1 DR is certainly better than 1 Corpse Eater as DR blocks some damage every enemy hit.

I'm sure it is possible to place a conditioned stat where let's say 5 DR is added once HP goes below 25%. I like the evade idea as well, but that seems a little underpowered to me. I think it should sort of align with the name of the weapon "Elytharan Redeemer."
I think 5DR added once HP goes below 25% would be a little broken. DR can be dangerous when added at amounts that big. For instance, a character with 10 DR isn't uncommon, and such a character is nearly invulnerable to all but the fiercest of enemies, and even then, usually only to their criticals. It's the same reason why allowing the character to become crit immune would be a huge issue: you'd be able to get a character who was immune to 95% of enemies. If you allowed an additional 5DR, then a character with only 11 natural DR would become immune to damage from the Hira'Zinn, even after the fear effect. Since you can relatively easily get 9 just from your equipment (even with the ElyR equipped) it'd be ridiculous.

I will say, for the sake of being forthcoming, that I did just get an ElyR today, by accident. I was just doing the BWM quests, and one dropped in the middle of it, less than 20 trainers killed (somewhere around a .2% chance, since I have no MF). I was super stoked, until I remembered how basically worthless the weapon is.
My question is, can an actor condition cause an actor condition? If we were to make a change to Bless, then we don't have to change anyone's currently existing ElyRs, and they could still get the benefits by just unequipping and re-equipping.
In keeping with the name "Redeemer" I was thinking something like this:
Bless:
AC + 20%
AD + 5-10
Increases Maximum AP by 2 (This would be in addition to the 2 already gotten from the base)
Minor Weapon Feebleness x3 (1,000 Rounds)
Minor Weapon Feebleness x4 (800 Rounds)
Minor Weapon Feebleness x5 (500 Rounds)

The result: for the first 500 rounds you're going to have -36 AD. Even with the extra 5-10 and 3-8 (total 8-18) that results in a net of -28- -18.
Redemption takes time. Then for another 300 rounds, you are eating -21 AD. This isn't so bad, since the net is only -3 to -13. You could theoretically go adventuring with this.
For the last 200 rounds, you are only at -9, which doesn't even fully take away the damage of the weapon. At this stage, you are close to redemption.
The end result of all of this is a really nice weapon that you have to pay a heck of a price for. It would be a 4 swing weapon if you had a JoF or MarrowTaint equipped and both points of Combat Speed, and a 3 swing weapon otherwise, making it one of the fastest 2 handed weapons, giving it more balance with 1 handed weapons. The extra AD wouldn't be affected by the Two-Handed specialization, so it wouldn't get out of control. It would have a great amount of AC on it, but it needs that to compete with dual-wielded single-handed weapons anyway.
I have too many characters to list them, so I'll just list my most important:
Template Flux
Lvl: 1 XP:56034
L&E: RoLS: 2 ElyR: 1 RoL: 2 BD: 1
Kashim

Post by Kashim »

Another quick idea: Bless: On hit, on Source, +2 AP

That would be super simple, and it would make the ElyR fight similar to a QSD, but with trade-offs. If you were to hit every time, then it would be a QSD that was two handed, so it wouldn't allow a shield, but it wouldn't cost you 20% block, and it'd have more damage, and that +2 to max AP. However, this means it is very effective mostly against enemies that you can probably already readily beat, since anything you can strike with over 80% chance you can probably mop the floor with anyway. Against the bigger/badder enemies that have higher block chance, it wouldn't produce the same effect. If you are hovering around 50% chance to hit, then it only swings like a Flagstone's Pride or BSS.
Also, it would never be better than the QSD. The hits max at 6 no matter what, because you can't spend the last 2. You don't have enough points left over to swing.
As a Legendary, I think this would be pretty reasonable.
Template Flux
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

I'm not sure how you are working that out. With JoF ElyR is a 4AP weapon. It gives you 2AP, so with CS 2 that's 14AP. With an additional 2AP on hit, assuming that does not stack, that's 16AP. So the max would be 4 hits per round.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Kashim

Post by Kashim »

the second idea, the idea would not be a static +2 AP max, but rather the normal +2 AP max (14 max), a JoF to make the hit cost 4, and then every hit, if you manage to hit, have it restore +2 AP to your current round total, similar to cleave, but without requiring a kill, just a hit. You would only get 3 swings if you missed all of them, 4 if you got 1 of the first 3 to hit. If you were able to make every shot connect, then it would be:
14 -> 10 (-4 for 1 swing 1) -> 12 (successful hit 1)
12 -> 8 -> 10
10 -> 6 -> 8
8 -> 4 -> 6
6 -> 2 -> 4
4 -> 0 (doesn't matter if you hit, you won't be able to get back to the 4 you need for the next attempt)

As more of a tree structure, with a successful hit on the left, a miss on the right:
14 -> 12 or 10
12 -> 10 or 8
10 -> 8 or 6
8 -> 6 or 4
6 -> 4 or 2
4 -> 2 or 0
2 -> no swing

The maximum would be 6 swings, but if you miss just one, then you get one less swing to 5. Miss 2 early, and you only get 4. Miss 3 and you're out.

Heck, now that I think about it, this might just be a better way to rebalance the QSD (kick the AP cost up to 5, make sure they can't dual wield for 2x effect), reducing it's brokenness, instead of messing with the ElyR. First idea would still be good for ElyR.
Regardless, the idea is that you have to strike a balance: you need to make sure you have a high AC, because you start losing swings as soon as you miss, but you also need a high AD, or you get the 6 hits with 0 damage problem.
Template Flux
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

Like an actor condition that stacks, but lasts only for the existing round. That's not possible right now. If it lasts for one round, it lasts for the remainder of the existing round, and all of the next round. It could of course be done, but it would require coding, not just content creation (or changes) in ATCS.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1