Meat vs. bonemeal

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Rolling Thunder
android_version: 2.2

Meat vs. bonemeal

Post by Rolling Thunder »

Which is better overall? Meat or bonemeal. Because I use meat. It is easy to find and while getting it, you gain xp. I don't use bonemeal and therefore don't know much about it.
qasur

Re: Meat vs. bonemeal

Post by qasur »

I basically hunted Snakes/Wolves *for* Meat to sell for Bonemeals. :D
Rory Mac
android_version: 4.0

Post by Rory Mac »

The simple answer is that bonemeal is better - 40HP vs. 12HP. However, I think they both have their place, and it depends on where you are and what is your level. Early in the game when your character's HP is below 40, just use the meat that you find. IMO, it's not really worth the trouble to mine meat and then sell it for bonemeal when you can't take advantage of the full 40 HP anyway. For me, once I got up the the level where I really needed bonemeal, I usually had enough gold to buy what I needed, so I didn't bother to sell my meat then either. I still use the meat and the potions I collect for those times when I only need a little boost and don't need the full 40HP, like when I only have one more monster to kill before I'm going to be using a bed, or when I want to bump up, but I'm not under 15 HP out of my current 55 total. In climbing from level 24 to level 33 in the Prim/BWM area, I've only used about 200 bonemeal, and I have over 600 on hand, plus plenty of gold, so it's just not that big of a deal to me to sell meat to buy bonemeal.
Base: |LVL 60|XP 3892000|GOLD 123000|HP 95|
Equipped: |AP 3|AC 271|AD 24-31|CHS 36|CM 4.5|ECC 21|BC 111|DR 4|
Samsung Galaxy S3 - Android 4.0.4 |RoLS 1|ElyR 0|RoL 0|WP 385|UPD 2012/11/05|
randy

Post by randy »

There are two factors to consider. Sometimes you are in a battle and must get some HP replenished asap. If you have more than about 30 HP then bonemeal is the right item. So you should always carry some bonemeal for those emergencies.

Most of the time you can heal after a battle. For that you want minor healing potions. It's all about the cost per HP restored.

Minor healing potions = 1 gold per HP restored.
Bonemeal potions = 1.275 gold per HP restored.
Regular healing potions = 4.6 gold per HP restored.
Major healing potions = 6.025 gold per HP restored.

When you get a meat, sell it for 24 gold and buy 5 minor healing potions with it. You get 20 HP instead of 12. And you have 4 gold left over.
Rolling Thunder

Post by Rolling Thunder »

Thanks guys! The comments are really helpful
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Rory Mac wrote:The simple answer is that bonemeal is better - 40HP vs. 12HP. However, I think they both have their place, and it depends on where you are and what is your level. Early in the game when your character's HP is below 40, just use the meat that you find. IMO, it's not really worth the trouble to mine meat and then sell it for bonemeal when you can't take advantage of the full 40 HP anyway. For me, once I got up the the level where I really needed bonemeal, I usually had enough gold to buy what I needed, so I didn't bother to sell my meat then either. I still use the meat and the potions I collect for those times when I only need a little boost and don't need the full 40HP, like when I only have one more monster to kill before I'm going to be using a bed, or when I want to bump up, but I'm not under 15 HP out of my current 55 total. In climbing from level 24 to level 33 in the Prim/BWM area, I've only used about 200 bonemeal, and I have over 600 on hand, plus plenty of gold, so it's just not that big of a deal to me to sell meat to buy bonemeal.
Very well put! I fully agree!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
issac888

Post by issac888 »

Agreed this is very very well said, it is all depend on the level also your hp level
Level: 75, XP:7715779 , Gold: 538730
HP: 80, AC: 159%, AD: 36-40 AP: 3, CC: 0%, CM: -, BC: 130%, DR: 0
RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0 rocks 3550,weak poison 272
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

issac888 wrote:Agreed this is very very well said, it is all depend on the level also your hp level
I feel that once you hit 60 hp that Bonemeal potions become essential. This way once you get down to 20 or lower health you can use a BM Potionwithout wasting any of it. Until then you should be using meats because they are easy to mine and do repair a good amount of health.

Alot of ppl like to use the minor potions to heal when out of a battle but i find them to be a waste of time (since i have 60 hp now) You also never know when a baddy might respawn right next to you and hit you before you get to use an additional potion.

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!