v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Beastiary

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
nezkeys79
android_version: 2.2

Re: Beastiary

Post by nezkeys79 »

Personally I think its a welcome addition to any game. I think going to an internet site to find info out that could/should be in the game disrupts the playing experience.

With regard to locations a player might be thinking "is there anywhere else I can encounter this enemy?" And some players could decide whether an area is too hard for them with this info

Also most rpg players like the feeling if accomplishing a 100% list so being numbered they can easily ask on a forum "I'm missing number ???, what is it?

I personally feel that the stats are not needed for our work because they can already just be viewed in the game. However the in game info section should have exp, gold, and item drops at least, or a nice proper bestiary which has all the info with pictures for every entry. Better still have an npc who says every monster you encounter will be logged in this bestiary. Come back to me when you have engaged in combat/defeated them all and I will give you something.

Lastly I am uncomfortable with this "mine and yours". I would rather we decided what to include and in what format and then call it ours
nezkeys79

Post by nezkeys79 »

I also thought you would have credited me somewhere for providing all the exp, gold, locations since you added them in shortly after I uploaded my word document. Originally you just had the stats which are given in game but. But reading your topic one would assume you have compiled all this info yourself. All I have done is spend the last few days working to get exp, gold, items, locations for each enemy by repeatedly fighting them.

Maybe I'm just being paranoid but it kind of feels like we are not really working together on this.

Ps. Do you know where I can get the pictures for each enemy? I want to try and start work on designing a proper bestiary with pictures
Samuel
VIP

Post by Samuel »

Pyrizzle wrote:
nezkeys79 wrote:I know you put 0-??? but on some enemies they don't drop the full range cause I've spent hours on the same monsters. If it days 14-25. I have just written a note into the next update on mine stating any encounter can produce no gold or items
I decided to post the gold from a min to max instead to show that you can get nothing sometimes. I was thinking of listing gold like this: Gold (0, 3-4) but decided that was too complicated looking for ppl to understand. The additon of the note at the end is perfect, i was going to suggest doing that.
I think either 3-4 or 3...4 is a good thing to write. Currently the AD is written like 20-22 in the game, so I would prefer 3-4.
nezkeys79 wrote:Ps. Do you know where I can get the pictures for each enemy? I want to try and start work on designing a proper bestiary with pictures
As I told here, you may use the official editor to get some infos about monsters and droplists. It also contains images.

2nezkeys79:
Nice to see you contributing. When I read your first posts I thought: Well, another one that talks much, but isn't willing to contribute at all.
I think in a forum it's somewhat difficult to work together. (only the author can edit the first post, etc.) You do not need to care about this. We see you both are working together.
So again nice to see you contributing. (Also to you, Pyrizzle)
Level: 101, XP: 18780586, Gold: 358739
HP: 398, AC: 303%, AD: 84-95, AP: 4, ECC: 12, CM: -, BC: 13%, DR: 0
RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 2, VSH: 1, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

slash030 wrote:Still have the undead warden and winged demon alive on my 2nd character will start working on finding out their drops tonight.

Ok so out of habbit i just saved over my main character while researching :shock: but have a second save at least. i didnt lose all 8 million exp but i am back to 6.7 will be grinding extra hard grrr

good news is i have some stats

Undead warden

Hp 57
Ap 5
Ac 120 %
Ad 4-8
Cc 20%
Cm 2
Bc 60%
Dr 1

Drop: sharpened gem, regular potion of health, flagstone wardens necklace

Winged demon

Hp 61
Ap 5
Ac 150%
Ad 4-10
Cc 10%
Cm 3
Bc 90%
Dr 2

Drop: sharpened gem, regular potion of healt x2, ring of block, iron sword

I killed each boss 50 times and got the exact same items im not sure if they vary on their drops if you would like some more testing for drops please let me know i saved the character before the undead warden just in case.
Thank you so much for your imput bud, when I return from my vacation I will add this to the list. Thank you again.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
slash030

Post by slash030 »

No problem glad to help hope you enjoy the vacation
Dj ql: 5
Lvl: 190, XP: 124798368, Gold: 3852094,
RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, Char: 12, Golf: 1, Shaf: 2, SRoV: 2, VSH: 3,
HP: 519, AC: 397%, AD: 100-107, AP: 3, ECC: 26%, CM: 3, BC: 276%, DR: 10
Smith ql: 24
lvl: 109
:mrgreen: ROCKSTARS FROM MARS
Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

slash030 wrote:No problem glad to help hope you enjoy the vacation
(sorry for the long pause on reply, i had injured my hand and have not been on the computer much)

It was quite awesome. Thankyou very much my friend.

New Updates to list today. Slowly getting there. Its gettin to be time for Pics and a few last stats. :)

lady black
android_version: 12 - Android 12

Post by lady black »

I hate to bring this up now, but I think that the most important thing would be the drop rate for each drop item. I am sure this info is in the code that you have been directed to, so that adding it would be simplified compared to what you have already done.
LVL 108; XP 23,138,749; Gold 1,827,209; 4/23/12
HP 130; AP 4/12; AC 328; AD 55-66; CC 9; CM 0; BC 127; DR 2
RoLS 4; RoL 2; ElyR 4; ChaR 11; GoLF 4; ShaF 4
S Rgn, SP: 1:CE,Ev,SM,EB,PB; 2:WA,HH,Cl,BS,MC,BC,CS,QL,IF,Rgn,MF
Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

nezkeys79: I found all the pictures for the creatures but i cannot figure out how to post them... I will find a way to get them to you if you still want them.

Lady Black: i thought about adding that in but i still have not found that info, and i think it might also make the list alot harder to look through as well. When i find it I might give it a try to see how it turns out. it does take a good chunk of time to edit the long list of creatures due to its size

Bornain
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by Bornain »

Pyrizzle wrote:
(sorry for the long pause on reply, i had injured my hand and have not been on the computer much)

New Updates to list today. Slowly getting there. Its gettin to be time for Pics and a few last stats. :)
Welcome back Pyrizzle. What did you do to your hand? I hope you didn't hurt it while at Disney World.
Bornain lvl: 47
RoLS: 1, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0

Wilfred lvl 8
Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

Bornain wrote:
Pyrizzle wrote:

Welcome back Pyrizzle. What did you do to your hand? I hope you didn't hurt it while at Disney World.
No i crashed on my bike, no worries I am okay.