v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Beastiary

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Moerit
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Re: Beastiary

Post by Moerit »

Is it possible to add the column "Spawngroup" at the monsterlist? It would be usefull for map makers if they want to use already existing spawngroups so they (me) could know which monster are in the same spawngroup?
Maybe there arent as many cumulative spawngroups that its worth the work but idk...
Lvl: 16, XP: 47538, Gold: 474, RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0, SRoV: 0, VSH: 0, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
HP: 151, AC: 248%, AD: 29-40, AP: 4, ECC: 22%, CM: -, BC: 160%, DR: 5
Richard Faila
VIP
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by Richard Faila »

Moerit wrote:Is it possible to add the column "Spawngroup" at the monsterlist? It would be usefull for map makers if they want to use already existing spawngroups so they (me) could know which monster are in the same spawngroup?
Maybe there arent as many cumulative spawngroups that its worth the work but idk...
That is interesting idea, I never thing of mapmakers. I don't feel like adding another column, 'case the table is width enough already, but even now there is a way, how to get the spawngroup. If you have Firefox, Chrome or something with you can inspect the page code, in every table cell with icon, there is a hidden element with spawngroup. That is actually the reason, why the default ordering put similar monsters together.

I know, that isn't the most user friendly way, but it is something you can use before I figured out something better.
I created Andor's Trail Directory at http://andorstrail.irkalla.cz/ fan page about AT.
Moerit
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Moerit »

Thanks for your fast answer and good advice.
I tried it today with Firefox and searched for <span class="hidden">spawngroup
It worked fine to find all monsters of this spawngroup, but actually a little bit unlikely because i have to hit the search-button and count the results.
It was easier for me to copy the sourcecode into Microsoft Word and search there. MW gives me out the amount of results and the section where it was found - so it was more comfortable :)
Maybe there are other Programs which may support the same service but first of all this is great and i can easly search for the requested spawngroup!

Maybe you could add a hideable column for developers? I guess it wouldn't be plenty of work to do that - but im not the expert ;)

BTW: Thanks for this GREAT Page!
Lvl: 16, XP: 47538, Gold: 474, RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0, SRoV: 0, VSH: 0, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
HP: 151, AC: 248%, AD: 29-40, AP: 4, ECC: 22%, CM: -, BC: 160%, DR: 5
fiernaq
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by fiernaq »

If you don't want to use Google Chrome (which has better developer tools than Firefox does IMHO) you could always check out Notepad++. It's an incredibly useful tool for parsing data since it not only has regular search and expanded search but also regex search and it can display all results in a list or simply next, next, next your way through them.
Level: 58, HP: 102, AC: 295%, AD: 46-56, AP: 2/12, BC: 35%, DR: 4
Gold: 75235 | RoLS: 0 RoL: 0 SRoV: 0 VSH: 0
Skills: IF1, Ev1, Ev2, Ev3, CE1, CS1, CS2, Re1, WA1, HH1, Cl1, HH2, DaggerPro1, LightArmorPro1, ShieldPro1, WA2, Cl2
Equipment: Enhanced Combat Helmet, Serpent's Hauberk, Marrowtaint, Quickstrike Dagger, Remgard Shield, Villain's Ring, Villain's Ring, Leather Gloves Of Attack, Enhanced Combat Boots
Last Updated: 02-Dec-2013
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Post by Zukero »

or get any unix-type shell (think Cygwin for example), and do

Code: Select all

$ grep <span class="hidden">spawngroup fileName.xml | wc -l
or even

Code: Select all

$ wget -O - http://andorstrail.irkalla.cz/monsterlist.php | grep '<span class="hidden">spawngroup' | wc -l
:ugeek:
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
Fel
android_version: 4.0

Post by Fel »

Looking at their stats, I think it is safe to assume that no non-boss mobster will ever have 400+ BC.
Just an observation :?
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Fel wrote:Looking at their stats, I think it is safe to assume that no non-boss mobster will ever have 400+ BC.
Just an observation :?
Not necessarily true, you never know how far this game could go. With each update there are tougher and tougher NPCs being added. It seems perfectly possible that one day there could be an area with NPCs (Normal ones, not bosses) that could potentially have a BC of 400 or higher.

Considering how high players AC gets, it's definitely not out of the question.
Chris Aldren
android_version: 3.0

Post by Chris Aldren »

sounds interesting dude... :) ;)