Barbed dagger unavoidable autocrash

A place to submit bugs to the Andor's Trail Development Team.
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Re: Barbed dagger unavoidable autocrash

Post by sdevaney »

Hmmm interesting bug. Does the issue occur on any mob or only mobs that are "impossible"? It shouldn't matter but you made a point of it so I just want to get the parameters of the bug hunt correct.
Xero
android_version: 2.2

Post by Xero »

That is correct. I listed everything I could. Since the original post I have traveled to remgard and bought all the damage reduction gear (8 dr). I con the mobs as impossible and they also cannot kill me. I have a save file to email because I cannot post it apparently. If you would like I can send it or since you can probably program you can see for yourself. if there is a way I could view a detailed error report I would list the error message or code for you
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

yeah, i don't think i ever tried that on an "Impossible" mob?

i like the way you work Xero!

:lol:
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Xero

Post by Xero »

Its only temporary until I get ahold of a chaos reaper. then the real fun begins
Xero

Post by Xero »

Anyone confirmed this bug yet?
oskarwiksten
Captain Awesome
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by oskarwiksten »

Thanks for the report, Xero.

Just wanted to let you know that this issue is now fixed in the code that will be released as next version. For reference, here's the code commit that fixes the issue:
http://code.google.com/p/andors-trail/s ... a373b8dc29

Thanks for taking the time to post about it!
/Oskar
Fala
android_version: 4.0

Post by Fala »

Hello,
I am new to the forum and not exactly sure if the reported bug is the same bug I experienced with the Barbed Dagger. It worked on several beasts from Hardshell Beetle to River Frog and Strong Izthiel, which makes me assume it works on tougher beasts as well. My system: Sony Xperia with Android 4.0, AT v6.12
I attacked a beast untill it had several bleeding wounds and only very few HP left. Then I would just press "end turn" and wait for the beast to bleed to death. When the beast lost its last HP one of the following things happens:

1.) The game crashes. (I took screenshots of the crash report, but cannot upload them right now. Source file is ArrayList.java, Source class: java.util.ArrayList$ArrayListIterator, Line number: 569 => I hope that helps for the moment)

2.) The beast is dead, I gain XP, but the attack does not end automatically. When I attack (and yes, you can miss it with the same percentage as the beast) and hit the loot bag once more, the victory box appears. I collect XP for a second time and seem to get the double amount of gold/items as usual. (While I consider this bonus XP as a, let's say, reward for creative killing, I think it is not intended.)
However, if I decide not to "attack" the loot bag, but press the "end turn" button instead I get +1 HP (players with higher regeneration skills and/or RoLS might get more HP). This is a very quick and convenient way to get back all HP with no risk of being attacked. It also seems that nearby beasts do not respawn that quick. Looks like a bug to me.
Thystonius
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by Thystonius »

Hmm, a bit off topic, but very interesting concept, should try it on my second build. Very buggy still though? Guess Oskar should once more dive into this.
Lvl 74|XP 7,280,442|€ 364,324|2013.08.27
HP 229|AC 238%|AD 46-55|AP 3|ECC 25%|CM 3.0|BC 140%|DR 10|SR
RoLS 2|ElyR 1|RoL 0|ChaR 0|GoLF 1|ShaF 1|SRoV 0|VSH 0|WMC 0|GoW 0
WA 1|HH 1|Clv 1|BS 5|CS 2|CE 1|IF 5|Reg 1|DPS 1|DP 1|SP 2|LAP 1
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Fala wrote:Hello,
I am new to the forum and not exactly sure if the reported bug is the same bug I experienced with the Barbed Dagger. It worked on several beasts from Hardshell Beetle to River Frog and Strong Izthiel, which makes me assume it works on tougher beasts as well. My system: Sony Xperia with Android 4.0, AT v6.12
I attacked a beast untill it had several bleeding wounds and only very few HP left. Then I would just press "end turn" and wait for the beast to bleed to death. When the beast lost its last HP one of the following things happens:

1.) The game crashes. (I took screenshots of the crash report, but cannot upload them right now. Source file is ArrayList.java, Source class: java.util.ArrayList$ArrayListIterator, Line number: 569 => I hope that helps for the moment)

2.) The beast is dead, I gain XP, but the attack does not end automatically. When I attack (and yes, you can miss it with the same percentage as the beast) and hit the loot bag once more, the victory box appears. I collect XP for a second time and seem to get the double amount of gold/items as usual. (While I consider this bonus XP as a, let's say, reward for creative killing, I think it is not intended.)
However, if I decide not to "attack" the loot bag, but press the "end turn" button instead I get +1 HP (players with higher regeneration skills and/or RoLS might get more HP). This is a very quick and convenient way to get back all HP with no risk of being attacked. It also seems that nearby beasts do not respawn that quick. Looks like a bug to me.
Fala, Welcome to the forums and thank you very much for reporting this. We will have to look into this bug and see what we can do to remedy it.

Thanks and welcome once again, Pyro
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------