v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

[Unofficial] IRC channel for AT

A place to discuss anything not related to the game.

Do you want an AT IRC channel?

Yes, at #andorstrail on freenode
54%
Yes, but somewhere else (post where)
1%
No, everything should be on the forums
45%

Total votes: 78

MrJacksEnigma
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Re: IRC channel for AT?

Post by MrJacksEnigma »

Just out of curiosity, does anyone still use the IRC? because I would totally be down to chat if anyone is interested.
nether
android_version: 3.1 - Honeycomb

Post by nether »

I would also use it if people did. I haven't seen anyone on it the few times I've checked.
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

MrJacksEnigma wrote:Just out of curiosity, does anyone still use the IRC? because I would totally be down to chat if anyone is interested.
Welcome to the forums Jack, love your name btw.
nether wrote:I would also use it if people did. I haven't seen anyone on it the few times I've checked.
I would be on it all day long but there is no point when no one else shows up.

I was on there for a shot time today but since there was no sign of anyone else i decided to bail and keep refreshing the "View Unread Posts" link in hopes someone posted something i can respond to.

Its been a really slow day here on the forums.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
nether

IRC Channel Front Page Link

Post by nether »

I'd love to see more people on the IRC if possible. I think one reason people don't really go on it because its not immediately accessible unless you go to the topic for it. Could we possibly put it on the front page? Maybe it would get more people interested to open it up while they're browsing the forums or something of the sort. Or maybe it won't do anything at all. A front page link though would be nice. Right next to the FAQ\Search\Members\User Control Panel for easy access.
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Re: [Unofficial] IRC channel for AT

Post by sdevaney »

Announced the topic, kind of hard to miss it now. ;)
Also edited the title.
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Ooooh that's how you do it. LOL was looking but couldn't figure it out. hahaha still got lots to learn on here :)

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

MrJacksEnigma

Post by MrJacksEnigma »

Alright guys, it's time for another night of intense IRC chatting. I wanna see as many people that can get on, being on there. Party time!
pandora

Post by pandora »

Wow u guys are killing me. I understand how irc could be great for live discussion and bouncing idea cubes but the real info should stay on forums. Not everyone can log on everytime you decide the new look or whatever. What about us folks in way different timezones? Hell dudes, android apps and games are global now, stop assuming only bored americans have an interest. :'(
nether

Post by nether »

pandora wrote:Wow u guys are killing me. I understand how irc could be great for live discussion and bouncing idea cubes but the real info should stay on forums. Not everyone can log on everytime you decide the new look or whatever. What about us folks in way different timezones? Hell dudes, android apps and games are global now, stop assuming only bored americans have an interest. :'(

I'm not understanding you. I see it as a nice way to talk\get in touch with other members of the forum without having to go through the slowness of PM's or trying to spark up a new thread. I don't think I've ever seen anyone talk about this "real info" that you speak of. They aren't deciding\making any drastic changes on there. Heck, at most I've only seen 6 people on there at a time. It's just for fun.
pandora

Post by pandora »

nether wrote:
pandora wrote:Wow u guys are killing me. I understand how irc could be great for live discussion and bouncing idea cubes but the real info should stay on forums. Not everyone can log on everytime you decide the new look or whatever. What about us folks in way different timezones? Hell dudes, android apps and games are global now, stop assuming only bored americans have an interest. :'(

I'm not understanding you. I see it as a nice way to talk\get in touch with other members of the forum without having to go through the slowness of PM's or trying to spark up a new thread. I don't think I've ever seen anyone talk about this "real info" that you speak of. They aren't deciding\making any drastic changes on there. Heck, at most I've only seen 6 people on there at a time. It's just for fun.
My bad then. I assumed they would be discussing the pros and cons in specific areas of the game's development in real time. If that were true then the dev team would be losing valuable input from valuable way back members who could not be online at that specific time.
If that's not the purpose then go for it, the poll's wording was just misleading.

Sowwii...