Give Me My Six Seconds!!

A place to submit bugs to the Andor's Trail Development Team.
SirGrindsalot
android_version: 2.0

Give Me My Six Seconds!!

Post by SirGrindsalot »

:)
so i'v been using the wonderful Sword Of Shadow's Rage for its berserk ability on my all-damage, no parry build (which suffers from low AC), and i have noticed that quite often i lose the ability as soon as i drop out of combat; i assume that the game must have fixed 6-second ticks
[let's say you start combat at the 5th second of a 6-second period, or "tick"; time stops for combat, then resumes after combat, and after the timer ticks one more second, the ability disappears], and i don't know if it can be fixed, but i'd like if the 6 seconds could start from the end of combat as i assume it should be.

that's it; short post.
missladyartemis
android_version: 3.0

Re: Give Me My Six Seconds!!

Post by missladyartemis »

Not helpful, but I have a question - why would you need to have berserker fighting abilities when your fight has ended?
It seems to me that it would have been purposefully set up to end when the combat ends. Also, I am bothered by the lack of response, so I have been forced to speculate :p
nether
android_version: 3.1 - Honeycomb

Post by nether »

missladyartemis wrote:Not helpful, but I have a question - why would you need to have berserker fighting abilities when your fight has ended?
It seems to me that it would have been purposefully set up to end when the combat ends. Also, I am bothered by the lack of response, so I have been forced to speculate :p
MBR gives you 60% AC for a round which is amazing for things with high BC and actor conditions affecting AC. You kill one enemy, get minor berserker rage, and then you can now kill another enemy with a higher AC. It has a 50% chance to proc, so if your quick, its a real easy way of boosting your attack chance.

And yes, SGAL, I've noticed this too. Would be nice if it could get fixed.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

MBR, SGAL :?:

The sword works for 1 combat round only!
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
nether

Post by nether »

tek wrote:MBR, SGAL :?:

Just abbreviations for minor berserker rage and sirgrindsalot. Browsing forums on your phone will get to you like that.

Yes it's only one round but sometimes when you kill an enemy and get the condition, it seems to fade instantaneously before I can even attack a mob two tiles in front of me.

He thinks its not getting its full six seconds due to the fact that rounds are timed in this game, meaning this six second clock will always be moving; actor condition on or not. And of course, you know that when you enter combat, the six second clock, or whatever you want to call it, pauses (because rounds do not pass in combat). So if this clock, is at 5 seconds of its 6 second revolution, and you enter combat, kill the enemy, and activate the actor condition; it will fade in one second after the battle is done because the "clock" will resume its revolution from 1 to 6 seconds, where it had previously paused (at five seconds in this case). All SirGAL wants is his full six seconds from minor berserker rage, so he suggested that maybe a new round, or six second clock could begin (or the old one reset back to 0) after you've recived an actor condition.

I hope that kind of made sense, really trying not to confuse you with my terrible explanation
sdevaney
Site Admin

Post by sdevaney »

Rounds occur during battle in the next version.
Antison

Post by Antison »

nether wrote:
tek wrote:MBR, SGAL :?:

Just abbreviations for minor berserker rage and sirgrindsalot. Browsing forums on your phone will get to you like that.

Yes it's only one round but sometimes when you kill an enemy and get the condition, it seems to fade instantaneously before I can even attack a mob two tiles in front of me.

He thinks its not getting its full six seconds due to the fact that rounds are timed in this game, meaning this six second clock will always be moving; actor condition on or not. And of course, you know that when you enter combat, the six second clock, or whatever you want to call it, pauses (because rounds do not pass in combat). So if this clock, is at 5 seconds of its 6 second revolution, and you enter combat, kill the enemy, and activate the actor condition; it will fade in one second after the battle is done because the "clock" will resume its revolution from 1 to 6 seconds, where it had previously paused (at five seconds in this case). All SirGAL wants is his full six seconds from minor berserker rage, so he suggested that maybe a new round, or six second clock could begin (or the old one reset back to 0) after you've recived an actor condition.

I hope that kind of made sense, really trying not to confuse you with my terrible explanation
We are comparing apples and oranges here. A "round" is different than a "combat round" The "round" you guys are speaking about is the one commonly associated to the "round" for things like the RoLS regeneration. The "round" I am referring is the one used in combat such as the minor potion of speed or in your case, the berserker sword.
Last edited by Antison on Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
nether

Post by nether »

Explain this combat round to me? I must be missing something :(
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

just a vernacular mix up...

currently rounds don't tick away during combat, but they will in the next version.

This sword will need to be adjusted if it is to retain any use at all in the new v0.7.0dev build.
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Wyrmspawn
android_version: 3.0

Post by Wyrmspawn »

Maybe on hit instead of on kill? I love using that sword on my berserker build! (That's what I call my build which uses all of its lv ups on AD, skill points into IF, and whenever IF is unavailable, weapon accuracy.)

Although, if there's a 50% chance to get minor berserker rage on hit, and with JOF and combat speed you get three swings, it might be a little bit overpowered. Maybe on hit and 25% chance to inflict condition minor berserker rage?
Hey guys, I'm back.