v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

10'' andriod tablet text reading issue

A place to submit bugs to the Andor's Trail Development Team.
Peter

10'' andriod tablet text reading issue

Post by Peter »

i play on a 10'' andriod tablet, on which the game runs pretty nice, maps scale reasonable. i only have big trouble reading game characters' stories, the textbox is small and scrolling doesnot always respond since the scrollable part is to small. maybe an option to make it relative to the screen resolution?

i play at 1024x600.

nice game thou!
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Re: 10'' andriod tablet text reading issue

Post by sdevaney »

I made a post over on the issue tracker. It is issue 160. Thank you for reporting it.

There is an updated conversation interface that is scheduled to be implemented in v0.6.8 which may or may not fix the issue. You can read more about that here http://code.google.com/p/andors-trail/i ... ail?id=122
Athlor

Post by Athlor »

Hello, I'm the guy who posted the issue 161 which was merged into 160 being that it was a tablet related issue. The issue was that when you enter a building or map smaller than the display, the map would only be in the upper left corner. It is somewhat subjective but I thought it would look more professional if the map was centered. Most RPG games would do this and I just thought since nobody else mentioned it I'd post it. I know it's not a bug but more of an aesthetic issue. I'd bet other tablets would have experienced the same.

I'm using a Eken M001 tablet with a modified os but I also experienced the dialog text problem, one line of text that hard to scroll through because it's so small, like other tablets.

Looking forward to the 0.6.8 release. :D
oskarwiksten
Captain Awesome
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by oskarwiksten »

Good point Athlor.

I agree that it would look much better if the map was centered instead of in one particular corner.
Hopefully we can find the time to fix that to the next release (v0.6.9).

/Oskar
/Oskar
Aceofspades25

Post by Aceofspades25 »

I haven't looked at the Android emulators, but would you be able to test the game in a larger envirionment, or would you literally have to deploy the game to a tablet to see how it plays?
oskarwiksten
Captain Awesome
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by oskarwiksten »

No, I am pretty sure it is testable by using dimension and dpi settings in the emulator.
But if someone wants to send me a tablet to test on, I would be open to that option too :D
/Oskar
Peter

Post by Peter »

Cool see some nice enhancements on issue 122

don't mind to give the upcoming release a beta test drive on my 10'' let me know if you need some testers! :)
nathan9393

Post by nathan9393 »

Peter wrote:Cool see some nice enhancements on issue 122

don't mind to give the upcoming release a beta test drive on my 10'' let me know if you need some testers! :)
Same with me
marzeen

Post by marzeen »

Same here, happy to help test on a 10" tablet.