"An involuntary carrier" bug

A place to submit bugs to the Andor's Trail Development Team.
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

"An involuntary carrier" bug

Post by rijackson741 »

First, great game! Best RPG I've played in years.

But, I believe I have found a bug, and if I'm right it's a serious one.
I fought my way down to the Radiant Guardian, and killed it. Then I got infected by Toszylae, and then killed him. I made my way back to Ulirfendor, who told me to go see Talion, but to make sure I killed Toszylae first. Well, I though that was a bit odd, since I had already killed him, but I thought (or perhaps just hoped) that it was no more than a minor dialogue issue. But now I have talked to Talion, and the only option I have at the end of the conversation is "No, I have not killed it yet". Well, I could fight my way beck down there, but I assume that Toszylae is unique, and therefore will not be there. If that's the case, I can't complete the quest, and have a permanent does of rotworms :cry: (As an aside, when searching the forums about this I discovered that I needed to walk over his corpse to get a helmet, which I didn't do, so I have to go back down anyway. I would rather get cured of the rotworms first though!)

At first I though that maybe I had messed up with my save games, but I have the Demon heart in my inventory so I am sure that's not the case.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Re: "An involuntary carrier" bug

Post by nyktos »

rijackson741 wrote:First, great game! Best RPG I've played in years.

But, I believe I have found a bug, and if I'm right it's a serious one.
I fought my way down to the Radiant Guardian, and killed it. Then I got infected by Toszylae, and then killed him. I made my way back to Ulirfendor, who told me to go see Talion, but to make sure I killed Toszylae first. Well, I though that was a bit odd, since I had already killed him, but I thought (or perhaps just hoped) that it was no more than a minor dialogue issue. But now I have talked to Talion, and the only option I have at the end of the conversation is "No, I have not killed it yet". Well, I could fight my way beck down there, but I assume that Toszylae is unique, and therefore will not be there. If that's the case, I can't complete the quest, and have a permanent does of rotworms :cry: (As an aside, when searching the forums about this I discovered that I needed to walk over his corpse to get a helmet, which I didn't do, so I have to go back down anyway. I would rather get cured of the rotworms first though!)

At first I though that maybe I had messed up with my save games, but I have the Demon heart in my inventory so I am sure that's not the case.
welcome to the forum!

:twisted:

bad news, Toszylae dropped something when you killed him...
go back to where he stood, pick it up & return to Talion.
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

Shucks!
I would still argue it's a bug though, even if not one that is not as serious as I thought. The dialogue with Urlifendor and Talion (especially Talion) should at least give some hint that something more than just killing the lich is required. Without that, or a visit to these forums for advice, it would be effectively impossible for me to know what the problem is, and therefore impossible to finish the quest.
Thanks for the help. Time to grind my way back down there I guess. At least by the time I've gone down and back up I'll probably have made the next level :D
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

rijackson741 wrote:
Shucks!
I would still argue it's a bug though, even if not one that is not as serious as I thought. The dialogue with Urlifendor and Talion (especially Talion) should at least give some hint that something more than just killing the lich is required. Without that, or a visit to these forums for advice, it would be effectively impossible for me to know what the problem is, and therefore impossible to finish the quest.
Thanks for the help. Time to grind my way back down there I guess. At least by the time I've gone down and back up I'll probably have made the next level :D
If it makes you feel any better i did the same thing the last time i did that quest. It was a little frustrating.

I agree, maybe some more dialog should be created or at least a little hint.

Welcome to the forums! :mrgreen:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

Pyrizzle wrote:
rijackson741 wrote:
Shucks!
If it makes you feel any better i did the same thing the last time i did that quest. It was a little frustrating.

I agree, maybe some more dialog should be created or at least a little hint.

Welcome to the forums! :mrgreen:
I agree with Irijackson741 this is a bug or at least major problem in the dialogue...

This is not the first time when this issue was posted here..

btw... Welcom to the forums rijackson741 !
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

Sarumar wrote:I agree with Irijackson741 this is a bug or at least major problem in the dialogue...

This is not the first time when this issue was posted here..

btw... Welcom to the forums rijackson741 !
Alright guys and gals.

What would you suggest we do to fix this?

nyktos
VIP

Post by nyktos »

doesn't it already say something about him dropping something?

if not, just a simple android toast mentioning something hitting the ground /sparkling / etc.

there should be multiple instances of this in the game,
i like the idea of making the player look...
but, they need the info & hints
"Embrace the Shadow"

Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

nyktos wrote: doesn't it already say something about him dropping something?

if not, just a simple android toast mentioning something hitting the ground /sparkling / etc.

there should be multiple instances of this in the game,
i like the idea of making the player look...
but, they need the info & hints
Some sort of a hint would be best.

i just assumed that once i defeated the NPC that whatever item i needed would be dropped with whatever else you loot after winning.

rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

Pyrizzle wrote:If it makes you feel any better i did the same thing the last time i did that quest. It was a little frustrating.
Thanks. It does make me feel better knowing that even the great Pyrizzle can get caught the same way :D

I am almost all the way back down now. It was easier going back down than coming up, because I reequipped myself to better cope with my current "disability". :)
Pyrizzle wrote:I agree, maybe some more dialog should be created or at least a little hint.
IMHO, it's not consistent with the rest of the game otherwise (at least, the parts of it I have played, which I admit at this point is limited). In every other quest there has always been something to point you in the right direction, but in this case you can wind up completely in the dark about what you have to do next.
nyktos
VIP

Post by nyktos »

i still think there is a hint, already in game...

i might be wrong.

again, it should be reiterated when you talk to Talion.
"Embrace the Shadow"