Round timer resets on start of combat

A place to submit bugs to the Andor's Trail Development Team.
fiernaq
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Round timer resets on start of combat

Post by fiernaq »

I know, this is probably working as intended right now due to the situation not having shown up before but since it does affect me I thought I'd bring it up.

I was on my way north to the Iquan caves from Loneford and ran into a poisonous toad thingy that dropped Weak Poison x2 (2 rounds) on me. I ignored it and kept going at my usual speedy pace running into every monster I encountered along the way. I made it all the way through the Iquan caves to the very end and cleared that room too and then I realized that I still had Weak Poison x2 (2 rounds) on me. I waited a bit and sure enough it eventually ticked twice and went away. The problem is that it lasted for nearly 4 minutes of in-game time because of the way I bounce between enemies so fast. Each time I enter combat the timer on the round resets so as long as I don't run out of monsters to kill (like I did finally at the very end of the Iquan caves) I can effectively maintain a perpetual state for the condition.

Ok, so with Weak Poison x2 (2 rounds) this isn't that big of a deal but it got me to thinking... could I do something similar with the blessings that Talion gives? Or what about some of the consumable potions that provide a temporary actor condition? The answer is yes. I can stretch out the duration of those potions considerably by simply attacking something every 5 seconds (before the 6 second round timer hits). Because none of my fights last more than one round I don't have to worry about the round timer ticking there either so it becomes a fairly simple matter of just making sure I don't run out of monsters to hit. One other thing: the actor condition stays active (and the round timer does not tick) while the game is closed but if you wait for 3 minutes with the game closed then the other map areas will respawn monsters. So I could just clear every room, close the game, wait 3 minutes, open the game and reverse my path killing all the monsters along the way again. I'm not perfect so presumably the effect would eventually wear off because I don't get to a monster before 6 seconds but still... that's far longer an active effect than was intended to exist.

And to those of you who are even now letting a slow twisted evil grin sneak across your faces as you realize the new possibilities.... face it, being able to do this is not the way the game was supposed to be played. :lol:
Last edited by fiernaq on Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Level: 58, HP: 102, AC: 295%, AD: 46-56, AP: 2/12, BC: 35%, DR: 4
Gold: 75235 | RoLS: 0 RoL: 0 SRoV: 0 VSH: 0
Skills: IF1, Ev1, Ev2, Ev3, CE1, CS1, CS2, Re1, WA1, HH1, Cl1, HH2, DaggerPro1, LightArmorPro1, ShieldPro1, WA2, Cl2
Equipment: Enhanced Combat Helmet, Serpent's Hauberk, Marrowtaint, Quickstrike Dagger, Remgard Shield, Villain's Ring, Villain's Ring, Leather Gloves Of Attack, Enhanced Combat Boots
Last Updated: 02-Dec-2013
sorrow

Re: Actor Conditions not ending

Post by sorrow »

I've noticed this to. I would be affected with something and if I was the one to get 1st attack and kill the monster I. That 1st attack the count on whatever was affecting me wouldn't tick down and it seemed like it would never go away

Sorrow
Lvl:80 XP:9214038 Gold:1mil Hp:243 AC:301 Ad:28-49 Ch:21 Cm:2.0 Ecc:15 BC:148 Dr:3

skills:
WA:2. HH:2. CS:2. TH:2 QL:2 IF:2 REG:2 MF:5 DBS:1 2HSP:1 LAP:2 HAP:1 SREG:1
L/E
CHAR:1 ROLS:1 ELYR:1 GOLF:1 SHAF: 1
ionsedfisheads
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Re: Round timer resets on start of combat

Post by ionsedfisheads »

I've had that. I think because a 'round' constitutes your turn + enemy turn, it wont wear out. Unless you sit around for 12 seconds out of combat.
A few times, I've gone through several fights and still had an effect on.
I mock you with my monkey pants!
Also, I liek caek. No, it's not a lie... Maroon. -_-

Shoji
LVL 61 XP 4132831 Gold 26875 HP 149 AC 265 AD 47-64 AP 3 ECC 14 CM 2.0 BC 110 DR 5
RoLS 0 ElyR 0 RoL 0 ChaR 2 GoLF 0 SRoV 0 VSH 0 WMC 0 GoW 2
Tristan
android_version: 8.1 - Oreo

Post by Tristan »

Try this if you have an Elytharan Redeemer. Bump up your EV skill to ensure the first strike, max out CS to take your AP to 12, and equip the JoF or MT to reduce the ElyR's attack cost to 4. With the +2 AP from the ElyR, you now have max AP of 14. Now drink a minor potion of speed for another +2 AP, giving you msx AP of 16 for 5 rounds. Now you have a 2H sword with 4 attacks/round.

I've maintained this on a run from BWMS to Remgard only using 4-5 potions given the way the combat rounds work. It probably could be done on a single potion with the right tactical planning. Right now I see this as more of a curiosity than a strategy, but if the combat system evolves as discussed, with 2H swords inflicting more damage, then I would seriously consider this build.
Lvl: 408, XP: 1242518785, Gold: 10041116
RoLS: 9, ElyR: 14, RoL: 9, HoF: 9, YN: 8
ChaR: 80, GoLF: 75, ShaF: 80, SRoV: 73, VSH: 84, WMC: 74, GoW: 77, BD: 74, HS: 75, WoB: 78
HP: 5641, AC: 583, AD: 248-267, AP: 4, BC: 521
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Post by Zukero »

I think it will eventually wear out. But the cumulative out of combat time can be advancing really slowly if you rush from fight to fight. I doubt the timer is reset. I'll check in the code and come back to comment.
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
ionsedfisheads
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Post by ionsedfisheads »

I don't think it does if you're fast enough. Running from encounter to encounter in less than 6 seconds isn't hard unless your AC & AD is rediculously low. Then, when you hit the cave enroute to Remgard, just hope you don't get contagion.
I mock you with my monkey pants!
Also, I liek caek. No, it's not a lie... Maroon. -_-

Shoji
LVL 61 XP 4132831 Gold 26875 HP 149 AC 265 AD 47-64 AP 3 ECC 14 CM 2.0 BC 110 DR 5
RoLS 0 ElyR 0 RoL 0 ChaR 2 GoLF 0 SRoV 0 VSH 0 WMC 0 GoW 2
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

As far as i can remember it's always been like that. Before status effects took place while in combat i was able to accumulate over counts 100 weak poison and still make it thru the Iqhan Caves before it ticked over and killed me instantly (I was playing at level 1)

This made the Berserker Rage potions a little more tempting.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
fiernaq

Post by fiernaq »

Yeah, it wasn't really bad early on when you're always cautions and taking your time to clear conditions. In fact, I still do that normally and wouldn't have even noticed this except that it was Weak Poison x2 and I figured that I already had Sustenance running as well as Regen 1 so I wasn't going to worry about it and was just surprised when at the end of the Iquan caves I still had it. Anywho, I would certainly consider this a bug even if it was actually initially designed this way for the simple reason that it allows for players to exploit that capability and stack plentiful numbers of positive actor conditions on themselves.
Level: 58, HP: 102, AC: 295%, AD: 46-56, AP: 2/12, BC: 35%, DR: 4
Gold: 75235 | RoLS: 0 RoL: 0 SRoV: 0 VSH: 0
Skills: IF1, Ev1, Ev2, Ev3, CE1, CS1, CS2, Re1, WA1, HH1, Cl1, HH2, DaggerPro1, LightArmorPro1, ShieldPro1, WA2, Cl2
Equipment: Enhanced Combat Helmet, Serpent's Hauberk, Marrowtaint, Quickstrike Dagger, Remgard Shield, Villain's Ring, Villain's Ring, Leather Gloves Of Attack, Enhanced Combat Boots
Last Updated: 02-Dec-2013