v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Game freezes ever since going to Remgard

A place to submit bugs to the Andor's Trail Development Team.
Ido013
android_version: 4.3

Game freezes ever since going to Remgard

Post by Ido013 »

Hi I happened to encounter a freezing issue that occurred twice recently.. It might've occurred once before but I don't remember where. However these two freezes I've had were at Remgard in Larni or Arnal house during the five idols quest and in the first spider cave from Remgard. Now I'm not talking about the game just closing because that did happen quite a few times. But I mean that none of my tablet's menu buttons were working nor could I lock it either. Had to hold the lock button to shut it down.
As for the tablet it's a Nexus 10 running on android 4.3.

If you need any more details I'll provide them as much as I can.

BTW great game, if it wasn't I would never take the time to report this (^_^)
Are you strong?
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Re: Game freezes ever since going to Remgard

Post by Zukero »

Hello, and welcome to the forums !

Thank you for your report, and your nice comment. It seems rather serious...

Indeed we'll need a few more details :
- Do this freeze happen at specific events (start a conversation, enter a specific map...) ?
- Is it reproducible (you can trigger it at will) or random ?
- Does it happen only on specific saved games, or does it also happen in a new game/older saved game ?
- If specific to a saved game, can you upload it here ?

If you can upload your saved game, you'll have to create a copy of it as "buggy_save.sav" using "ES File Explorer", or any other file explorer app, and attach it to a forum post. Normally, saved games are stored under /sdcard/andors-trail/ on your device.

One extra step : if you wish to do so, we have an alpha version of the upcoming v0.7.1 that you can find in this topic : http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4370
If you can install it, are you able to reproduce the issue with it ?
If you can't (or won't) do that, this version will be released to google play very soon, and we'd love to hear your feedback on this issue (or any other) after the update.
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
Ido013
android_version: 4.3

Re: Game freezes ever since going to Remgard

Post by Ido013 »

It first froze as I was going to interact with the bed in that house. When I tried again it didn't freeze.
The second time it froze I was simply heading towards the rope when it froze. When I rebooted and restarted the game, I continued and I was fighting a spider when before it froze it didn't look like I was close to a spider.. Tried getting out of the cave and back in with the same path and it didn't freeze again either. So it's really random..

I can give you my save file but I progressed away from there and haven't gotten another freeze though on this save file. I'm heading back to Remgard and I'll pay attention when I'm there again. Maybe the other thing I could try would be to try again from a state before the five idols quest.
Are you strong?