v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Barbed Dagger

A place to submit bugs to the Andor's Trail Development Team.
Wyrmspawn
android_version: 3.0

Barbed Dagger

Post by Wyrmspawn »

Not sure if this is a bug or a design flaw, or if it was intentional; but whenever an enemy dies by status condition, it seems that the exp gain doesn't load immediately; for some reason, it only triggers after I end my next encounter.

For instance; If I let a small rabid dog bleed to death (please ignore the unintentionally graphic description there), and then kill another small rabid dog, the second kill give me 16 exp instead of the usual 8.

Strangely, the 8 exp from the first small rabid dog is also given to you if you engage a second dog then flee the battle.
As you might forsee, I had one hilarious moment when I thought my game was broken and was rewarding me exp for fleeing from battle as well as for killing.
This doesn't have any effects on gameplay I can see so far, but it could be confusing. Also, if the motion to give more exp for battling multiple foes at once passes, I could presumably use a barbed dagger to make everything bleed to death before collecting that whopping exp boost.
Hey guys, I'm back.
Oet
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Re: Barbed Dagger

Post by Oet »

Wyrmspawn wrote:This doesn't have any effects on gameplay I can see so far, but it could be confusing. Also, if the motion to give more exp for battling multiple foes at once passes, I could presumably use a barbed dagger to make everything bleed to death before collecting that whopping exp boost.
Are you sure it will stack if you let multiple monsters bleed to death after each other? Or will the second monster that bleed to death give you the xp from the previous monster? Just a though. Anyways, good analyzing
Oet:
Lvl:80|XP:9214538|AP:3|HP:291|AC:351%|AD:51-68|CHS:20|CM:0|BC:135%|DR:1
WA:1|HH:1|Do:1|CS:2|CL:1|QL:3|CE:1|IF:6|Reg:1|WP:1S:1|AP:L:1|FS:DW:2|S:DW:1
RoLS:2|ELYR:1

Last updated 22/01-14
PK17
android_version: 4.0

Post by PK17 »

Heard of this issue before, It was a while back, it might have been connected to another issue, did you check the issue tracker?
Take a stop by my game thread for some forum fun!!!

http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4577
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

this is a good catch, we should bring it up at the next meeting...

i should be able to make that one.

:twisted:
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]