v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

No Rats in the Cave (First big Quest) v0.7.0

A place to submit bugs to the Andor's Trail Development Team.
flurgx
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

No Rats in the Cave (First big Quest) v0.7.0

Post by flurgx »

Hi!

I started playing yesterday - and had problems coming thru the rat cave - with all those rats respawning at a fast rate (i didn't know that I could use bread, since I was new)
however, I only managed the Quest, because on one try, there were NO rats in the cave, except the Queen rat - so I walked thru, killed her and completed the quest.
But that's not what it should be like, right?

Cheers
fiernaq

Re: No Rats in the Cave (First big Quest) v0.7.0

Post by fiernaq »

While you are on a map, individual monsters on that map have a small chance to respawn at any time.

If you leave a map for 3 minutes, all monsters on that map will respawn.

So if you can run all the way through the cave clearing every rat in less than 3 minutes then your run back will be almost entirely devoid of monsters (unless an individual monster respawns while you're on that map). If you clear one room, move to the next, and don't go back to the first room for 3 minutes then every monster in that first room will have respawned.
Level: 58, HP: 102, AC: 295%, AD: 46-56, AP: 2/12, BC: 35%, DR: 4
Gold: 75235 | RoLS: 0 RoL: 0 SRoV: 0 VSH: 0
Skills: IF1, Ev1, Ev2, Ev3, CE1, CS1, CS2, Re1, WA1, HH1, Cl1, HH2, DaggerPro1, LightArmorPro1, ShieldPro1, WA2, Cl2
Equipment: Enhanced Combat Helmet, Serpent's Hauberk, Marrowtaint, Quickstrike Dagger, Remgard Shield, Villain's Ring, Villain's Ring, Leather Gloves Of Attack, Enhanced Combat Boots
Last Updated: 02-Dec-2013
sorrow

Post by sorrow »

Or leave the area find a bed and rest that rests everything

Sorrow
Lvl:80 XP:9214038 Gold:1mil Hp:243 AC:301 Ad:28-49 Ch:21 Cm:2.0 Ecc:15 BC:148 Dr:3

skills:
WA:2. HH:2. CS:2. TH:2 QL:2 IF:2 REG:2 MF:5 DBS:1 2HSP:1 LAP:2 HAP:1 SREG:1
L/E
CHAR:1 ROLS:1 ELYR:1 GOLF:1 SHAF: 1
flurgx

Post by flurgx »

yes, thank you for that!
I understand - even thoug that "small percentage" for the monster to respawn while i am still in that room seems to be a "high percentage" for me ...

BUT that was not the bug .. the bug was, I walked into that cave (ready to fight once more), and there was NO SINGLE rat except the queen rat - that was the only way I could manage to clear the quest :)

It was a helpful bug, but still it's a bug!
just 4 info
PK17
android_version: 4.0

Post by PK17 »

flurgx wrote:yes, thank you for that!
I understand - even thoug that "small percentage" for the monster to respawn while i am still in that room seems to be a "high percentage" for me ...

BUT that was not the bug .. the bug was, I walked into that cave (ready to fight once more), and there was NO SINGLE rat except the queen rat - that was the only way I could manage to clear the quest :)

It was a helpful bug, but still it's a bug!
just 4 info
Although what you are saying is possible, it is highly unlikely considering noone else has had this problem.

I would have to ASSUME that you cleared the regular rats, left, healed without resting, and re-enterd the cave (as long as you were faster than the 3 minutes what you killed previously should still be gone) to find only the big one for the quest.

However, maybe you did come across a lucky bug, and if it is a bug we would need to be able to reproduce the scenario and try to find what caused it. But again, it is the very start of the game, and if nobody has ever found the bug before I doubt it was really a bug. Thank you for reporting it though, we will have this to refference if anyone else has the same issue.
Take a stop by my game thread for some forum fun!!!

http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4577
flurgx

Post by flurgx »

I'm thanking you for your response - I can assure you it was a bug, because I was lvl 3 (or so), and totaly unable to clear that cave - I didn't know how the "bread" was working, so i always went to bed, to recover myself .. besides it's just around the corner, right?

Reproducing the scenario might be a bit complicated ..
I was doing lot of things, mainly trying to sneak thru the rats to get to the queen ..
Dying often - but always reloading the file, where I was about to enter the cave ...
I am not sure, but I think that was what I did .. reloading the file ...

(Or with a tiny percentage, I went to bed, and into the cave again)

Keep it for the records ...
Thanks again
sorrow

Post by sorrow »

This is a bug. But its not a respawn bug but a death bug. Ive encountered this bug before when we were testing alpha 7.0 and this bug would move from map to map. What happens is the player would enter a fight die the goes to the place were they died and the map would be cleared. Now in this case the reason why the queen rat was still there is because its a set on time kill ncp and so this bug would not effect it.

Sorrow
Lvl:80 XP:9214038 Gold:1mil Hp:243 AC:301 Ad:28-49 Ch:21 Cm:2.0 Ecc:15 BC:148 Dr:3

skills:
WA:2. HH:2. CS:2. TH:2 QL:2 IF:2 REG:2 MF:5 DBS:1 2HSP:1 LAP:2 HAP:1 SREG:1
L/E
CHAR:1 ROLS:1 ELYR:1 GOLF:1 SHAF: 1
PK17
android_version: 4.0

Post by PK17 »

sorrow wrote:This is a bug. But its not a respawn bug but a death bug. Ive encountered this bug before when we were testing alpha 7.0 and this bug would move from map to map. What happens is the player would enter a fight die the goes to the place were they died and the map would be cleared. Now in this case the reason why the queen rat was still there is because its a set on time kill ncp and so this bug would not effect it.

Ahhhh, yes I remember you reporting this now. Thank you for jogging my memory on that one.
Take a stop by my game thread for some forum fun!!!

http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4577
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

I'm still not convinced it is a bug.... the save file you have been reloading from could have already been cleared of all the normal rats before you saved it.

Bug or not thank you for taking the time to report this.

I am unable to reproduce this bug.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oet
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Oet »

Pyrizzle wrote:I am unable to reproduce this bug.
I had some time to kill earlier today at work and tried to reproduce this bug without success. I guess one of the explanations above must be true.
Oet:
Lvl:80|XP:9214538|AP:3|HP:291|AC:351%|AD:51-68|CHS:20|CM:0|BC:135%|DR:1
WA:1|HH:1|Do:1|CS:2|CL:1|QL:3|CE:1|IF:6|Reg:1|WP:1S:1|AP:L:1|FS:DW:2|S:DW:1
RoLS:2|ELYR:1

Last updated 22/01-14