v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

BB Playbook error opening save games files with new version

A place to submit bugs to the Andor's Trail Development Team.
cccd3cpt
android_version: 4.2

Re: BB Playbook error opening save games files with new vers

Post by cccd3cpt »

Hi all,

For those of you experiencing an issue with the BlackBerry 0.7.1 loading game saves, you can re-download the game from app world (0.7.0) and continue playing the game as before. Zukero is currently investigating the problem with the 0.7.1 release and it will be out again when the issue is resolved.

For now,you guys can simply do the following:

- make a backup of your AT folder (file manager>misc>android>andors-trail). Just copy that folder to a specific location other than that directory.
- uninstall any Andor's Trail applications from your device and then re-download the game from app world 
- after it installs again, go to the directory mentioned above and replace the contents of the folder 'andors-trail' with your back-up contents
jl99at
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Post by jl99at »

Is there a way to find previous versions on app world without a direct link? I am probably missing something obvious to everyone else here. And you did say before that the backup method just reiterated will not work for this issue. I guess I will reinstall 0.7.1 and wait patiently for app world to tell me there is another update.
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Post by Zukero »

cccd3cpt re-uploaded the previous version (v0.7.0.1) to the app world, sothat you can play like usual after reinstalling from app world now.
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
jl99at
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Post by jl99at »

Thank you. I was confused, it reinstalled 0.7.0.1 then offered the upgrade, which I will hold off on until the next one. Thank you for all your help, your game very good.
Zukero
Lead Developer

Post by Zukero »

No problem, and thanks for the praise.

Andor's Trail is an Android game, and we focus only on this version, but cccd3cpt has put so much commitment (less than one week of delay ! applause !) in keeping the BB version on track that I would be ashamed if we didn't help him out our best when such an issue occurs.
Actually, I can't imagine how I would feel if we got a bug that visible in one ouf our releases... stressed would be an understatement I guess.
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
hsstorm5

Post by hsstorm5 »

Do you need anything else from the device before I do?

Keith Sherman
Zukero
Lead Developer

Post by Zukero »

Well, if you could upload two savegame files to the forum, to help ensure the issue is fixed before the new BB version is released:
- One from the old version, unloadable in the new one
- One started in the buggy new version
both with a basic description (level, name, gold, exp).

That would help ensure that the upcoming release can read both files correctly, so that every case is covered correctly.

It would really help !
cccd3cpt

Post by cccd3cpt »

Yes, hsstorm, like Zukero said; just follow the steps above and you should be good.

And thanks Zukero, this problem struck at a bad time (exams right now for me) and I appreciate the help. I tried to stay on time with the update but didn't debug very well due to the limited amount of time. It is a big mistake on my part and I appreciate the support :)
Zukero
Lead Developer

Post by Zukero »

NP. Let's call that "fair trade" !
hsstorm5

Post by hsstorm5 »

So, I attached one of the problem files in my original post. I just need to play this version for a short time, and upload that savegame?