v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Quest-related dialog artifacts after quest is completed

A place to submit bugs to the Andor's Trail Development Team.
sligo
android_version: 3.0

Quest-related dialog artifacts after quest is completed

Post by sligo »

I have encountered numerous places where, after a quest is completed, I still get dialog options regarding the quest (as if it wasn't completed).

Most notable is the Rincel quest asking if the boy had been seen.

This also relates to having to click through several dialog screens to re-iterate "thanks for completing" with various NPCs.

To my way of thinking, "thanks for..." should only be triggered the first time talking to the NPC after the quest is done. If the NPC is a trader, I shouldn't have to click through two or three dialogs to get to the trading.

If it will, I can provide specific examples (NPCs) where I've seen this.
------------------------------
I kow that you believe you understand what you think I said, but, I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
ctnbeh13
VIP
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Re: Quest-related dialog artifacts after quest is completed

Post by ctnbeh13 »

Greetings sligo,

What you've addressed is probably something that would fall under the description of undesirable behavior, rather than bugs. Regardless, it is content that should be modified and updated. Starting a new topic, such as "Dialogue tweaks" might be a good place to start to allow the forum community to share their observations. Part of the dialogue hasn't been addressed pending additional lines they will be given to reflect foreshadowing, hints, new content, and other various references, that would be more appropriate to spend the time on at a later date.

Feel free to share anything that you discover, as it is possible that as development continues, some of these examples could go overlooked, and taking the time to submit your discoveries is helpful and appreciated.
One of even fewer...