v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Uncheck "localized resources" and tilt your phone...

A place to submit bugs to the Andor's Trail Development Team.
Mayweed
VIP
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Uncheck "localized resources" and tilt your phone...

Post by Mayweed »

While doing some tests on an old 2.3 phone with small storage & screen I observed the following strange behaviour
and wonder if someone can reproduce this (your phone's locale setting must be other than english):

- Enter the preferences screen and uncheck the "use localized resources" checkbox.
- Leave the preferences screen. The game closes and tells you to start anew. Start it again.
- Enter the preferences screen again - now you'll have english texts.
- Tilt your phone - the texts reappear in localized language (the checkbox remains unchecked).
- Tilt it again, the texts remain localized.
- Check (and even unceck) the checkbox again, you'll always stay in the game, without message to restart.

This behaviour occured only in the preferences screen as far as I could try it out.
It occured even after I rebooted my phone before starting the game anew.
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Re: Uncheck "localized resources" and tilt your phone...

Post by Zukero »

Mayweed,

Thanks for reporting this. I manage to reproduce it, with lighter consequences, on my Galaxy S3 with android 4.1.
When I tilt my phone while in the preference screen, with unchecked "localized resources", the preferences switch from english to localized. I believe the root cause is common, and I'll investigate that.

I'll get in touch with you when I manage to solve this to verify that it is solved on your older phone too.

Edit:
I tried to look into this one, but the android emulator for 4.4 has a bug which prevents rotation from working with the emulator. All workarounds involve using an external app, which works well when you want to see how your app looks in portrait and landscape, but is useless when you want to see what happens when it switches.... I'll try some more later on.
Last edited by Zukero on Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2