v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Item icon not showing

A place to submit bugs to the Andor's Trail Development Team.
Sam91
android_version: 4.0

Item icon not showing

Post by Sam91 »

When I kill monsters and the loot dialog box pops up, the item icons appears as a plain white sword (same icon as going into inventory, the attack chance/attack damage icon)

When inventory is loaded, all items are also in this icon. But if I scroll my inventory or click on an item, then the icons are refreshed and shows the correct icon.

Game version 0.7.1. Android version 4.0.4. Played on a Sony Xperia Neo V. Changing "optimized drawing" in preference doesn't help. Game installed in external sd or phone internal memory shows same bug.

Thanks for creating such an awesome game guys!! :D . Hope this bug is fixed soon
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Re: Item icon not showing

Post by Antison »

Sam,
Could you please post a screen shot?
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Sam91

Post by Sam91 »

I'm not sure how to post pictures, so I uploaded a file. Hope it works.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Very interesting indeed. This is definitely a new bug as nobody has ever reported this that I know of anyways.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
ctnbeh13
VIP
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Post by ctnbeh13 »

Sam91,

Thanks for posting the screenshots. The first impression I get based on the information you have shared up to this point is that you may have acquired your version of Andor's Trail from a group who has modified the code (which is mostly for adding some form of spyware, malware, and/or advertising).

Despite the many releases of the Android OS, Andor's Trail, and the combination thereof, I can't say that I remember a time when the category headings were depicted in all capital letters. The "Overview" tab is also something that I cannot recall, nor believe, was ever only partially displayed before.

The current & official release of Andor's Trail available at the Google Play Store can be found at the following link, and is the only known way to obtain it at this time: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ndorsTrail

I hope this helps to clear up the issue you are experiencing.
One of even fewer...
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Post by Zukero »

Well, I do have an "Overview" tab, but indeed, it is not in full caps.
Screenshot_2014-05-04-18-30-25.png
Could be a specificity of his android version (4.0.4, or even some Sony made patches).
Sam91, can you check that your app is published by "OskarWiksten" ?
If anyone with a similar device/android verdion could check and confirm his issue, it would be very nice. It's very hard for us to work on device-specific issues when we don't own one.
We'll try to solve it anyway... if we can.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
Sam91

Post by Sam91 »

I got the game from PlayStore and it is by OskarWiksten. And the app only has permission to modify/delete SD card contents. So I don't think it is spyware or advertising stuff.
I am a beginner in Android programming, if I can get access to the code maybe I can try to check and see what went wrong in my free time? Is there anywhere I can get the code from?
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Post by Zukero »

Well, you can find the code on ] Google Code, but this one may be hard to track down. Thanks if you try, and good luck.
Don't hesitate to check out this thread to get some info about how andor's trail code is laid out.
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
Ian
android_version: 4.2

Post by Ian »

Thanks Sam for reporting this bug! It's always great if we can make the game even better and more bug-free! ;)
Mapmaker for Andor's Trail
Lvl: 73, XP: 6655552, Gold: 327905, RoLS: -, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 2, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 58, AC: 260%, AD: 52-62, AP: 3, ECC: -, CM: -, BC: 164%, DR: 1
positive

Post by positive »

Antison wrote:Very interesting indeed. This is definitely a new bug as nobody has ever reported this that I know of anyways.
I don't think so...
http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4029 ;)